What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think we'll be a much more successful club when we get a coach who does press conferences better

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I must say I find BA's Post match press conferences to be a complete waste of time. Why does he bother (besides being obligated).

He seems to think everything is a closely guarded secret, and answers in as few words as possible. Listen to a Trent Robinson conference and compare them. He is happy to talk about aspects of the game, incidents and certain players.

I just don't get why he is such a closed shop all the time. There was a magnificent story on the weekend where the club surprised Sivo by flying his Dad over. What a great chance to tell a great story and reveal a bit about the club - instead his attitude was that in was no-ones business.

I think it is pretty ordinary tbh. I would rather have a player at the conference - at least they say something.
None of the coaches say anything interesting, including Trent Robinson. I cant say I agree with your assessment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Totally. Our form in the last 3 weeks has probably cost us 5000 fans and $150k in gate takings factoring in Thursday night and the up coming Friday game.
How about our form since this post of yours on the 26th of May? We've won 8 from 10. Do you think we've made up for the loss of fans and money since then?

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I'll eat humble pie and admit I wanted him gone during those string of losses against teams we should of beaten. (still annoyed we didn't beat the pennies when they had lost 5-6 games in a row).

BUT, the players seem to respect him, there are no better options. He is bald. And despite my previous mentions I do like his no nonsense approach.

Just some of his team selections at time make me wonder. I'll follow him until we aren't a top 8 side anymore now we proven we and should, always play finals footy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll eat humble pie and admit I wanted him gone during those string of losses against teams we should of beaten. (still annoyed we didn't beat the pennies when they had lost 5-6 games in a row).

BUT, the players seem to respect him, there are no better options. He is bald. And despite my previous mentions I do like his no nonsense approach.

Just some of his team selections at time make me wonder. I'll follow him until we aren't a top 8 side anymore now we proven we and should, always play finals footy.

Mate, I voted that I wanted him as our coach, in the poll; I even went so far as to say that I believe we would win a Premiership under him.

Then, we went on a poor run of form, and emotions got the better of me, and I said I wanted him gone.

It's only human.

But I like what Arthurs can bring to the table:

- he has signed some quality players over the years (he has had some duds, too)

- he has shown he can develop young players

- when we are switched on, we look as good as any other team in the comp, which shows me he can command the players' respect (we just need consistency)

I think Brad Arthur is the way forward for us.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Mate, I voted that I wanted him as our coach, in the poll; I even went so far as to say that I believe we would win a Premiership under him.

Then, we went on a poor run of form, and emotions got the better of me, and I said I wanted him gone.

It's only human.

- when we are switched on, we look as good as any other team in the comp, which shows me he can command the players' respect (we just need consistency)

Completely agree.

Also, if he has helped Moses play the best season of his life then he needs to develop Drown.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It's only human.

I still think he's average. Up until last year I thought he was better than average. Last year so many players underperformed there had to be an off-field cause, which indicates a lack of leadership. I think a better coach would have steadied the ship better, but so would better leadership in the playing group.

To the club's credit we seem to have brought in some more leaders over the off season, and rissoled some toxic personalities from the group. But I think many of those decisions were out of Arthur's hands.

Anyway, he's obviously a solid coach, and as good as most of them. Losing a few in a row doesn't change that. Trent Robinson only won six games in 2016, despite having more resources available than we do.

T-Boon

Coach
I guess it has to be conceded that BA is amongst the valueless average coaches along with about 10 other guys. The good ones are Bellamy, Hasler, Bennett maybe Robinson (though who knows since he is always coaching a star studded team). He is a better coach than some we have had like Hagan.
He is always going to be on thin ice with me because of his lack of charisma, profile and passion.
I would replace him with Brad Fittler in a second.

It seems like it has been a while since one of our players got into trouble so maybe things have changed.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
How much can we put down that Norman has left the club to not only better success, but Moses playing x10 better!? Is / was he that toxic, did he just not gel with Moses?