What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 50.7%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
2018 Roosters losses2018 Roosters gains
CarterBaptiste
EvansCronk
GordonFaamausili
GuerraIkuvalu
Kenny-DowallMomirovski
NikorimaNu'uausala
PearceO'Sullivan
SmithRobinson
VunakeceTedesco
WatsonTupouniua

They lost Pearce and a bunch of nuffies, and replaced them with Cronk, Tedesco and a bunch of nuffies. Where did the money come from for Cronk and Tedesco unless at least one of them was on less than Mitchell Pearce?
This is what you need to do if you want credibility @IFR33K. Some research and analysis. Until you do that it’s pretty easy to back the alternative view.

IFR33K

Coach
You are a genuinely special case on here. Clearly I have rattled you with a couple of comments from last night and you are coming out swinging with a wet lettuce as you typically do.

I've had a long history of having robust debates with people on here. @hineyrulz, @hindy111, @Avenger, @TheRam etc have all given me shit but every one of those guys will also listen and concede when the other side makes a decent argument. I respect that a lot and have learnt plenty from what those guys post.

On the other hand, you don't do anything other than bitch and whinge, make inane blood curlingly stupid observations and then go after other posters because you don't like them. The other thing I have observed is that never once do you back down and concede when someone from "the other side" has raised a good point. Virtually everyone else does that except you.

Then there is the irony of you continually calling people who run rings around you, stupid. It shows a staggering lack of self awareness. You think that people cant read what gets posted and judge people on the merits of what they write?

Anyway, I find these one-on-one arguments boring to participate in and read. How about we both just send each other a couple of laughing emojis and move on?

Feel free to do as you please, but I find your comments laughable. You’re about as argumentative as poo is. In fact you get off on it. You ad very little to a conversation and your attempts at belittling are quite amusing and childish. You’re the one that has issues with differing opinions and constant tagging of me is proof. Your attempts to win an argument on the net with a random, seems to be a goal of yours. Like I said earlier, don’t be hating because people have called things way before you seen them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Feel free to do as you please, but I find your comments laughable. You’re about as argumentative as poo is. In fact you get off on it. You ad very little to a conversation and your your attempts at belittling are quite amusing and childish. You’re the one that has issue with differing options and constant tagging of me is proof. Your attempts to win an argument on the net with a random, seems to be a goal of yours. Like I said earlier, don’t be hating because people have called things way before you seen them.
I don’t have an issue with differing opinions. I have an issue with ones that I think are poorly considered. When I call them out everyone else is willing to engage and many have made me change my mind. Others we have agreed to disagree and sometimes people accept may way of thinking about it.

You are the only one who seem to take offence to that and get personal.

Try not doing that for a while and try discussing the merits of issues that I put forward rather than getting off on some so-called ‘us vs them’ that you have built up in your mind. If you do you’ll find that your exchanges with people with different views will be more productive and useful.

IFR33K

Coach
I don’t have an issue with differing opinions. I have an issue with ones that I think are poorly considered. When I call them out everyone else is willing to engage and many have made me change my mind. Others we have agreed to disagree and sometimes people accept may way of thinking about it.

You are the only one who seem to take offence to that and get personal.

Try not doing that for a while and try discussing the merits of issues that I put forward rather than getting off on some so-called ‘us vs them’ that you have built up in your mind. If you do you’ll find that your exchanges with people with different views will be more productive and useful.

Let’s agree to disagree

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Done. Have a great day mate.
Everyone Hugs GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are you saying it’s unlikely any team can ever make a breakthrough unless they have someone with previous premiership experience even if they have the talent?
Not necessarily premiership experience but definitely experience in big games. Most players play worse in high pressure games, and the ones best prepared for the pressure handle it best. The best preparation is inoculation, which requires exposure.
When you see on field results that aren’t improving but you would actively choose not to change anything to continue down that path that is the very definition of blind faith.
You can change plenty of things without sacking people.
I don’t know. Is there any evidence that Stuart is a better coach in 2019 than 2002? How do you determine what makes a good coach and what makes a poor one?
Results compared to expectation. Since the mid-90s the Roosters have been a stronger (better resourced) club than the Raiders, so getting the same level of performance out of the Raiders is a more impressive feat. Even getting close to winning a premiership with the Raiders is a massive achievement for Stuart, given he was also heavily involved in building that club. That 2002 team was handed to him after being built by Gould and Murray, with Uncle Nick's money.
Shouldn’t we be capable of the occasional upset?
Sure, but you can't just look at it from a W/L perspective, because it isn't granular enough. We overperformed expectations in the 2017 Melbourne final and also in the 2019 final vs Brisbane. Both were upset score lines if not upset results.
You would expect the contenders to be ranked higher when it comes to for and against. It doesn’t follow that the team with the superior points differential is going to defeat the lower one in a finals match.
What I mean is that points differential is a better predictor even than win differential, especially in recent years, and especially when you exclude a points differential of 2 points per game or less:

YearFinals won by higher win rateFinals won by superior F/AFinals won by superior F/A (>2ppg)Best predictor
20206/87/97/9F/A (>2pg)
20196/96/85/7F/A
20182/28/93/3F/A (>2pg)
20175/95/94/5F/A (>2pg)
20165/66/93/6Win%
20155/75/93/6Win%
20143/94/93/7F/A
20136/96/94/6Win% and F/A
20128/98/96/7Win% and F/A

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Not necessarily premiership experience but definitely experience in big games. Most players play worse in high pressure games, and the ones best prepared for the pressure handle it best. The best preparation is inoculation, which requires exposure.

YearFinals won by higher win rateFinals won by superior F/AFinals won by superior F/A (>2ppg)Best predictor
20206/87/97/9F/A (>2pg)
20196/96/85/7F/A
20182/28/93/3F/A (>2pg)
20175/95/94/5F/A (>2pg)
20165/66/93/6Win%
20155/75/93/6Win%
20143/94/93/7F/A
20136/96/94/6Win% and F/A
20128/98/96/7Win% and F/A
Oh f**k, here comes @I'm a loser baby...

hindy111

Post Whore
You are a genuinely special case on here. Clearly I have rattled you with a couple of comments from last night and you are coming out swinging with a wet lettuce as you typically do.

I've had a long history of having robust debates with people on here. @hineyrulz, @hindy111, @Avenger, @TheRam etc have all given me shit but every one of those guys will also listen and concede when the other side makes a decent argument. I respect that a lot and have learnt plenty from what those guys post.

On the other hand, you don't do anything other than bitch and whinge, make inane blood curlingly stupid observations and then go after other posters because you don't like them. The other thing I have observed is that never once do you back down and concede when someone from "the other side" has raised a good point. Virtually everyone else does that except you.

Then there is the irony of you continually calling people who run rings around you, stupid. It shows a staggering lack of self awareness. You think that people cant read what gets posted and judge people on the merits of what they write?

Anyway, I find these one-on-one arguments boring to participate in and read. How about we both just send each other a couple of laughing emojis and move on?

I'm a teacher and I didn't even know it. I'll put that on my resume