What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.3%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
I’m not confident at all. Just honour any bets I make, unlike yourself Captain Backtrack who appears to have skiddies in your Parra undies 👇

Where have I back tracked? I’ll just feel sorry taking anything off you. I’m compassionate to the needy

IFR33K

Coach
Never has an opinion. Never the club is at fault. Defends all day. Actually they remind me of Geoff marsh and veletta. Block all day.

but my all time favorite was the roosters saved money and bought teddy because they punted Pearce and got Cronk. Nothing surprises me with poo but I was caught off guard when Gary jumped on the bandwagon. He’s either a puppet or his alt.

Gronk

Staff member
Fans have been calling for changes since last season. It was obvious back then that BA ball wasn’t a good enough tactic. Maybe the bald merkin did learn something here. It’s only taken him till seasons end in 2021 to play a brand of footy that may yield results against the top teams. Fingers crossed last night wasn’t a one off, and we can replicate that performance.
*Some fans (that are catastrophizers). False generalisation much ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Feel free to do as you please. At least I can make a call not sit on a fence or just repeat the rubbish from another posters mouth.
You are a genuinely special case on here. Clearly I have rattled you with a couple of comments from last night and you are coming out swinging with a wet lettuce as you typically do.

I've had a long history of having robust debates with people on here. @hineyrulz, @hindy111, @Avenger, @TheRam etc have all given me shit but every one of those guys will also listen and concede when the other side makes a decent argument. I respect that a lot and have learnt plenty from what those guys post.

On the other hand, you don't do anything other than bitch and whinge, make inane blood curlingly stupid observations and then go after other posters because you don't like them. The other thing I have observed is that never once do you back down and concede when someone from "the other side" has raised a good point. Virtually everyone else does that except you.

Then there is the irony of you continually calling people who run rings around you, stupid. It shows a staggering lack of self awareness. You think that people cant read what gets posted and judge people on the merits of what they write?

Anyway, I find these one-on-one arguments boring to participate in and read. How about we both just send each other a couple of laughing emojis and move on?

Avenger

Immortal
You are a genuinely special case on here. Clearly I have rattled you with a couple of comments from last night and you are coming out swinging with a wet lettuce as you typically do.

I've had a long history of having robust debates with people on here. @hineyrulz, @hindy111, @Avenger, @TheRam etc have all given me shit but every one of those guys will also listen and concede when the other side makes a decent argument. I respect that a lot and have learnt plenty from what those guys post.

On the other hand, you don't do anything other than bitch and whinge, make inane blood curlingly stupid observations and then go after other posters because you don't like them. The other thing I have observed is that never once do you back down and concede when someone from "the other side" has raised a good point. Virtually everyone else does that except you.

Then there is the irony of you continually calling people who run rings around you, stupid. It shows a staggering lack of self awareness. You think that people cant read what gets posted and judge people on the merits of what they write?

Anyway, I find these one-on-one arguments boring to participate in and read. How about we both just send each other a couple of laughing emojis and move on?
I’m scared that I may have to change my vote again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The only thing you have learnt of me is how to become a world class mincer. And I must say you have passed the class with High honours.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
but my all time favorite was the roosters saved money and bought teddy because they punted Pearce and got Cronk. Nothing surprises me with poo but I was caught off guard when Gary jumped on the bandwagon. He’s either a puppet or his alt.
2018 Roosters losses2018 Roosters gains
CarterBaptiste
EvansCronk
GordonFaamausili
GuerraIkuvalu
Kenny-DowallMomirovski
NikorimaNu'uausala
PearceO'Sullivan
SmithRobinson
VunakeceTedesco
WatsonTupouniua

They lost Pearce and a bunch of nuffies, and replaced them with Cronk, Tedesco and a bunch of nuffies. Where did the money come from for Cronk and Tedesco unless at least one of them was on less than Mitchell Pearce?

lucablight

First Grade
Sure but these merkins had other massively experienced players to keep things sane in those big games, both in the spine and elsewhere in the squad. Stewart and Ballin were both in the 2008 premiership team. Papenhuyzen and Hughes last year were on the field with Origin and finals veterans Smith and Munster. Plus a forward pack full of merkins who won the comp three years earlier.
Are you saying it’s unlikely any team can ever make a breakthrough unless they have someone with previous premiership experience even if they have the talent?
Exactly. I have no blind faith in anyone which is why I have no reason to expect we should win a competition with this squad, no matter who the coach was. I'm hoping we keep improving the squad, which includes regular finals appearances for our players. If we keep doing that my confidence in the non-playing staff will continue to grow. If we miss the finals next year my confidence in them will decline, but I won't be pointing the finger at who needs to be sacked. Because it takes blind faith to think anyone else could do a better job. I reckon no coach would've won the comp with our club's resources over the past ten years. 2009 was the end of an era built largely by Brian Smith, but also backed by Fitzgerald's spending. However it's still noteworthy that we still trained at a local park rather than the type of purpose-built facility we recently convinced the government to pay for.
When you see on field results that aren’t improving but you would actively choose not to change anything to continue down that path that is the very definition of blind faith.
Maybe it shows that coaching isn't the main factor that goes into winning a premiership. There's also a lot of luck involved. Ricky Stuart was obviously a much more experienced and better coach in 2019 than he was in 2002, but in both cases the strength of the Roosters squad blew its opponents out of the water. The difference was Stuart had the good fortune to be coaching the Roosters in 2002 and the misfortune to be facing them in 2019. Would Robinson have gotten the Raiders into the 2019 grand final, much less won it?
I don’t know. Is there any evidence that Stuart is a better coach in 2019 than 2002? How do you determine what makes a good coach and what makes a poor one?
No, we lost them because the players lacked experience in big games compared to our opponents.
Shouldn’t we be capable of the occasional upset?
Well like I said, it's predictive. Have a look at how teams go in the finals based on their points differential relative to their opponents.
You would expect the contenders to be ranked higher when it comes to for and against. It doesn’t follow that the team with the superior points differential is going to defeat the lower one in a finals match.