What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Still doesn’t change the fact that old mate from the post before is making up stats.

Maybe in his 11th year BA can get us to a prelim. Is that enough time? In his 8th year people are still referencing what happened from 2011-2013 as an excuse for our mediocrity.

Would you give the next coach 11 years if he won a wooden spoon and couldn’t get past week 2 of the finals? Would you give him 8?
Seeing as you are being a nitpicking merkin I am going to suggest that 3 straight finals appearances and ‘mediocrity’ don’t go together.

I’m sure that you’ll argue about how the comp is shit etc. but I think it’s not a word that any rational league fan would use to describe Parra at the moment.

Sharks. Warriors. Tigers. Cowboys. Dragons.

They are the sorts of teams I think of when the word mediocre is used. I wouldn’t even describe lesser teams than us like the Titans and the Knights as ‘mediocre’.

Its an important point, because it appears central to any bitching and moaning and to me it’s a questionable assertion.

I’m more sympathetic to the get rid of BA argument when people talk about the lack of a prelim final in 8 years, but to argue that we are currently a mediocre side is a bit ridiculous.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The fans that keep the club viable? is that who you are talking about, from what I’ve read , you and a couple of your mates are the most opinionated on here, and shoot people down when they disagree with you, you are your classic hypocrite, it’s a footy forum, deal with the whinging!!!!
JUST f**kEN SHUT UP FFS!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At least get your facts right before throwing out stats. It only took Bennett a 3rd go to get them to a grand final, not 4. He lost 2 prelims with them, not 3.
At a club so strong even Maguire was able to win a premiership there within three years.
Meanwhile BA has been here for 8 and never got past week 2. Never been in 1 prelim. He did collect a wooden spoon though.
Thirteen coaches have won spoons at our club, including Ricky Stuart, who won a premiership at the Roosters and took the Raiders to a grand final.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Still doesn’t change the fact that old mate from the post before is making up stats.

Maybe in his 11th year BA can get us to a prelim. Is that enough time? In his 8th year people are still referencing what happened from 2011-2013 as an excuse for our mediocrity.
Given what happened in 2018 it's fair to say whatever Arthur's did before then, he had to start again after it. So really we are in our third year of our current setup, not the eighth. You have to admit our back office is very different to what it was in 2014. Arthur's might as well have been head coach of two different clubs in his eight years.

Noise

Coach
Why would we give the next coach 11 years when it is chalk and cheese compared to what BA took on. on and off the paddock? LOL
It’s ridiculous to give any coach 8-11 years when they can’t win a premiership, let alone get to a grand final or even get to a prelim.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s ridiculous to give any coach 11 years when they can’t win a premiership, let alone get to a grand final or even get to a prelim.
Bennett hasn't won a premiership for over a decade. He keeps getting work, from some big clubs too. It's not like Arthur's is getting the gig at Melbourne or the Chooks. Keep things in perspective. He's probably the best coach Parra could get right now.

Noise

Coach
Seeing as you are being a nitpicking merkin I am going to suggest that 3 straight finals appearances and ‘mediocrity’ don’t go together.

I’m sure that you’ll argue about how the comp is shit etc. but I think it’s not a word that any rational league fan would use to describe Parra at the moment.

Sharks. Warriors. Tigers. Cowboys. Dragons.

They are the sorts of teams I think of when the word mediocre is used. I wouldn’t even describe lesser teams than us like the Titans and the Knights as ‘mediocre’.

Its an important point, because it appears central to any bitching and moaning and to me it’s a questionable assertion.

I’m more sympathetic to the get rid of BA argument when people talk about the lack of a prelim final in 8 years, but to argue that we are currently a mediocre side is a bit ridiculous.
I’ve been banging on about not being able to make a prelim for God knows how long. I apologize for using the word mediocre. I will substitute it for ‘lack of success’.

Noise

Coach
Do you think we were dudded and should have won that game?
No I don't. I believe you made a post saying it didn't cost us the game and I agreed and think I liked that post. We got some dodgy calls but we had plenty of opportunities to score.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No I don't. I believe you made a post saying it didn't cost us the game and I agreed and liked that post. We got some dodgy calls but we had plenty of opportunities to score.
I guess all I was trying to establish is if a measure of whether we should keep him comes down the result of one very close game.