What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol you do know you need to get past week 2 to hate a chance to win a GF?? That’s two more weeks after Bea gets us too.
Yeah, I'm sure you'd be absolutely f**king cheering if we playing this week and got up 18-2 with 11 to go and then lost. You'd be on here telling everyone how proud you were of the boys 🤣 🤣 🤣

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well isn’t thats what meant to happen at the development club??? I mean look at us we have the best back up half money could buy at our club right at this moment. So exciting!!
One of our starting halves is only two years older than the backup you're f**ken whinging about.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Playing Lussick in that final throw away game against Penrith and getting injured? Keeping Ray Stone on at 9 making f**k up after f**k up instead of Will Smith when we were chasing points? I'm not sure whose decisions they were...
Captain f**ken hindsight

Gronk

Staff member
GMOF was appointed 1 November, 2018 to help out BA. As a club, how are we looking now ?

—————-8<—————

Following an extensive review of the football department, the Eels found key areas were under-resourced and their junior pathways needed a more thorough approach.

“It is essential that we have a strong and experienced leader who will be at the forefront of developing and driving our football strategy so that we can have a first class, high performance football department, with the goal of delivering sustainable success for our members and fans,” Parramatta chief executive Bernie Gurr said.
Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has been given a shot at redemption and his position remains solid in the short-term, receiving extra support from O'Neill's appointment.

The new general manager of football will ensure Arthur has the necessary resources to lead the club back to finals football, playing a key role in roster management.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or it could be 11 years with 1 spoon, and 7 top 8 finishes.
Hell, we might even make a grand final and jag one in the next 3 years.
Never say never mate.
Are the eight years we've had under Arthur's really any worse than the eight years before him?

8 years pre-Arthur's8 years with Arthur's
Premierships00
Grand final losses1
Preliminary final exits1
Week 2 exits4
Week 1 exits1
Minor premierships
9th-15th33
Wooden spoons21

The team that Smith built went further in the finals, as you'd expect from their superior big game experience, but our side has finally built up to that big game type team. There was a merkinhair between us and Penrith, and they are now in a grand final.

YearFinals+Origin

Hopefully we get a few players picked in Origin next year, because the experience is extremely valuable.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Still doesn’t change the fact that old mate from the post before is making up stats.
Making up stats? I made an error. Souths lost 3 in a row but Bennett was not coaching the first.

I’m sure you’ve never ever made a mistake when recalling something from memory….

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Or playing Reed with a dodgy shoulder when we were down by 30 with 10 to go……….

This is after he took him off with 15 to go with the game on the line against Canberra to keep his outclassed son on the field. Coaching master genius.
Cleary played Cleary with the same doggy shoulder in a nothing game. That was just luck…..