What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
Like Bandy being racist, that only happens in your head.

I think what you'll find happens is that the assertion that we are "appalling" in finals is discussed and an alternative view offerred.

I even assessed every game and put them in a table FFS!

What are we, 2 from 8? It’s hardly a pleasing ratio, and some of our games were outright embarrassing.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What are we, 2 from 8? It’s hardly a pleasing ratio, and some of our games were outright embarrassing.
I’m sympathetic to that argument but when you dig a bit deeper it’s only part of the story.

We’ve been through this before. Have to consider quality of opposition. We weren’t expected to win a lot of those games. Shit the bed a few times (as you would expect from an inexperienced side) but also showed character in some of the losses.

Turned a corner this year though in terms of effort and application. No bed shitting in 2021.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m sympathetic to that argument but when you dig a bit deeper it’s only part of the story.

We’ve been through this before. Have to consider quality of opposition. We weren’t expected to win a lot of those games. Shit the bed a few times (as you would expect from an inexperienced side) but also showed character in some of the losses.

Turned a corner this year though in terms of effort and application. No bed shitting in 2021.
No we shit the bed earlier in the year and it cost us a top 4 spot.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
They did play Melbun and Souffs to be fair, we let the might of Newcastle put 4 tries on us. And talk about a small sample size, as Pou’s shadow you should know about these things.
This is where you blokes come unstuck.

It’s OK if Manly lose to Melbourne and Souths, but when we do it’s embarrassing. That’s inconsistent bullshit.

@IFR33K at least has the excuse of having your wang in his mouth. I’m not sure what your excuse is. Dodgy shoulder?

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly also copped a few bad losses, particularly in their first 4 games where they averaged almost 40 points against in each of them. You cant argue that we had some bad losses and then ignore theirs.

After their bad start they only conceded 16.8 points per game which is pretty good under the new rules.

The difference I guess is the way they embarrassed themself in the finals. They where done in 20mins. Speaks volumes.
Storm also beat them towards end of year. While Eels did the Storm without Mahoney or RCG.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree entirely. That month of losses put us too far behind. Really poor.

The moving the QLD didn't help. I reckon we don't have such a big form slump if played at Parra stadium.
In saying that I reckon Penrith beats Souths at home. So who knows how it all would of panned out.

hindy111

Post Whore

And some where coin tosses

Storm in 2017 We prob should of won had bit of luck fallen our way.And not lost French and Gutherson this year.
Cowboys in 2017 Was 8 point in it. But Yes a fail for mine. We pushed the premiers harder then any other side.

2019- 58-0 Brisbane
32-0 belted off Storm

2020 -
Storm 36-24? We gave then a pretty good run they went on to be premiers.
Souths 36-24?
Missing MJ,Sivo,Fergo in backline.

2021 -
Knights Win.

Panthers 8-6. If Penrith go onto win it then it's 3/4 times we lost to the eventually premiers. Twice by 2 points. I don't think it's embarrassing tbh.

Out of 8 games we've put in 4 good performances.
I feel a pass mark for 2020 considering injuries. So that's 6/8.
What's been the failure? The belting from Storm I agree with. And in 2017 we should of beat Cowboys for sure. But realy on 1/8 terrible performances and 1 that we should of won when favourites. The rest we where huge under dogs and gave them a fright.

IFR33K

Coach

It’s OK if Manly lose to Melbourne and Souths, but when we do it’s embarrassing. That’s inconsistent bullshit.

@IFR33K at least has the excuse of having your wang in his mouth. I’m not sure what your excuse is. Dodgy shoulder?

I honestly think you should lay down and have a little break from the forum. You’re letting your emotions get the better of you, after our loss

IFR33K

Coach
And some where coin tosses

Storm in 2017 We prob should of won had bit of luck fallen our way.And not lost French and Gutherson this year.
Cowboys in 2017 Was 8 point in it. But Yes a fail for mine. We pushed the premiers harder then any other side.

2019- 58-0 Brisbane
32-0 belted off Storm

2020 -
Storm 36-24? We gave then a pretty good run they went on to be premiers.
Souths 36-24?
Missing MJ,Sivo,Fergo in backline.

2021 -
Knights Win.

Panthers 8-6. If Penrith go onto win it then it's 3/4 times we lost to the eventually premiers. Twice by 2 points. I don't think it's embarrassing tbh.

Out of 8 games we've put in 4 good performances.
I feel a pass mark for 2020 considering injuries. So that's 6/8.
What's been the failure? The belting from Storm I agree with. And in 2017 we should of beat Cowboys for sure. But realy on 1/8 terrible performances and 1 that we should of won when favourites. The rest we where huge under dogs and gave them a fright.

Well that’s been the entire argument. Our week 2 exists after having some strong year round performances. Our lack of attacking structure and some coaching master strokes are arguably part of the reason for our early exists. Everyone here was hopeful of a prelim final this year. Yet we fell short again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

We were just comparing Manly and ours defence, and you have to factor who we played. They played historically two of the best attacking teams of all time. But I do agree with you I think we are a better team than Manly and should of finished ahead of them. That’s why that month if footy was so disappointing and cost us dearly.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well that’s been the entire argument. Our week 2 exists after having some strong year round performances. Our lack of attacking structure and some coaching master strokes are arguably part of the reason for our early exists. Everyone here was hopeful of a prelim final this year. Yet we fell short again.
Hopeful, but not realistically expecting it.

F**k, I’m hopeful of a GF win every year!

hindy111

Post Whore

Yes agree. But go back 5 weeks before the Storm game. I didn't expect to win again this year. We knocked them off, the knights who finished 7th and lost to who I think will be the premiers by 2 points.
It is shit yes but not like we got hammered. We finished the season very strong and our young players stood up in Penisini,Haze and Dylan.

IFR33K

Coach
Yes agree. But go back 5 weeks before the Storm game. I didn't expect to win again this year. We knocked them off, the knights who finished 7th and lost to who I think will be the premiers by 2 points.
It is shit yes but not like we got hammered. We finished the season very strong and our young players stood up in Penisini,Haze and Dylan.

I’ve already acknowledged we done well towards the end of the season. But hopefully it was by choice and not chance. If sivo and opa don’t get injuries, do penisini and dunster get there chance? No one here has ever said BA is a horrible coach. He’s quite good. But he’s still good for a brain fart or two. Still rookie errors 8 years in. Still limited structures.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’ve already acknowledged we done well towards the end of the season. But hopefully it was by choice and not chance. If sivo and opa don’t get injuries, do penisini and dunster get there chance? No one here has ever said BA is a horrible coach. He’s quite good. But he’s still good for a brain fart or two. Still rookie errors 8 years in. Still limited structures.
Still horrible at managing a bench.

Latest posts