What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 113 51.6%

• Total voters

TheRam

Coach
Can't stand DCE. I might see if I can get in touch with his agent and pretend I want to provide a third party endorsement and then just send him to Bones on Bones to have yourself and @TheRam f**k him up.
You filthy disgusting man. Me and @TheRam have standards. His odd shaped egg head would even get thru stage one of the selection process.

Then again @hindy111 eggs are a great shape for insertion.

Maybe @Gary Gutful can make a cameo and we could try. Probably won't even need lube.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I could be wrong, but I think it's minus one.
Many games could go either way though. That's the point about small samples. If you lose a game by two or forty and only count them both as a loss you miss a lot of information about the game. The week two loss this year was a much different game to previous losses. With an equal share of luck we probably would've won.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach
I don't recall any offloads in the gf until Souths had to play catch up.. Brad had modelled our game to play gf style footy throughout the year

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes we pushed Penrith. We also struggled to beat Knight.
We can all say that we would of won it. But says who we don't put up a performance like we did against Newcastle? That wasn't beating the Storm or Souths.

Gronk

Staff member
We can all say that we would of won it. But says who we don't put up a performance like we did against Newcastle? That wasn't beating the Storm or Souths.

Unsure why you are attempting to dilute our ability. Our recent games vs the storm and the premiers were stellar.

84 Baby

Referee
As ChinDad said about their 2020 season, the first game of our 2022 season was that semi final loss

King-Gutho94

Coach
With ivan finally winning a premiership after 350 plus games. And breaking the 250 games coached without winning a premiership stat.

It means BA has another 150 games and another 6 seasons to win us a premiership.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I actually think BA is every bit as good of a coach as Ivan Cleary.
Yeah ivan wouldn't be the coach if his son wasn't the best number 7 in the game. Ivan lost a lot of respect with the way he treated the tigers similar to Ricky at Parramatta.

I do give Ivan credit for his job at the warriors between 2006-2011 i reckon he is the only coach over there to get them playing finals consistently made 4 finals series in 6 years and would have made another except for a salary cap breach in 2006.

He got them to a GF and they knocked Melbourne over twice in semis down there when they were over the cap no mean feat.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unsure why you are attempting to dilute our ability. Our recent games vs the storm and the premiers were stellar.

I'm not. I'm just staing the facts. Yes we where close to beating Penrith. Newcastle where also close to beating us. Should they be honking on if they didnt cop a penalty try and beat us they could of gone on and won the lot?
We pushed the Panthers yes.
We may of pushed the Storm and we may of beaten Souths also. But that is no guarantee. We where more likely to also be beaten in both those game too.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just think it’s that our best performances are now good enough to win the comp….match the top sides. Previous years that wasn’t the case…

so now we need to ensure we are closer to those performances each week….and peak again in the finals. While hoping for luck…

hindy111

Post Whore
Just think it’s that our best performances are now good enough to win the comp….match the top sides. Previous years that wasn’t the case…

so now we need to ensure we are closer to those performances each week….and peak again in the finals. While hoping for luck…

If we beat Penrith then got wacked the following week it would of been a worse way to end the season.
We lost to the premiers by a penalty goal and some rough calls. I dont hate the end to that story.

eel01s

Bench
I can't help but think we would have made the GF had we beat Penrith. But I have to give it to the Panthers, they bashed Souths out of the game and were dominant with field position. I think Souths only has two attacking opportunities in the Panthers 20?

Gazzamatta

Coach
The tactic of physically dragging the player back in every tackle must be exhausting but they kept doing it and have been all year. It provides such an advantage in the ruck. That said there were numerous times when the tackle should have been completed yet the ref just allowed the action to continue. The most notable was when Taffee was lifted off the ground and carried back 10 meters. Surely not Ref?

Gronk

Staff member
The tactic of physically dragging the player back in every tackle must be exhausting but they kept doing it and have been all year. It provides such an advantage in the ruck. That said there were numerous times when the tackle should have been completed yet the ref just allowed the action to continue. The most notable was when Taffee was lifted off the ground and carried back 10 meters. Surely not Ref?
Yes a constant thought in my head was “FFS when is the merkin held ?”

Kornstar

Coach

Yes a constant thought in my head was “FFS when is the merkin held ?”

Especially as soon as the player is lifted off the ground it is automatically supposed to be held.......the ref clearly forgot that rule last night.

Penrith deserved the win but Souths, imo were a Walker brain snap away from taking it off them.

I wanted Souths to win, but i do take solace that it was that dickhead Walker who has been the best in try assists this year giving his most crucial one when the game was there to win........he just assisted the wrong team.