What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
Surely we start talks with flanno and Ba gets the hint and starts looking elsewhere.

9 years under this merkin we’re still non contenders despite a decent roster.

Chipmunk

Coach
He's not capable to get this team to win the comp.

Unfortunately the talent is there to win the comp this season, and because we have inferior coaching staff we're wasting the opportunity.

We're playing on the talents of individuals alone, and you can't win a comp just on individual talents. We need some tactical nous and team work, but that is never coming through this coaching staff.

eel01s

Bench
The way I look at it this: can we perform at our best for four weeks to win the comp?

We all know the answer. BA has had long enough.

84 Baby

Referee
Surely we start talks with flanno and Ba gets the hint and starts looking elsewhere.

9 years under this merkin we’re still non contenders despite a decent roster.
I don’t know about Flanagan. His commentary on what our problems were wasn’t inspiring.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's not capable to get this team to win the comp.

Unfortunately the talent is there to win the comp this season, and because we have inferior coaching staff we're wasting the opportunity.

We're playing on the talents of individuals alone, and you can't win a comp just on individual talents. We need some tactical nous and team work, but that is never coming through this coaching staff.

Sometimes I wonder if we genuinely do have the talent. Or are we over rating what we have or had. Forget the past and look at the 15 games this season.
Gutherson in the bottom 8 fullbacks. Mahoney I am unsure makes the top 8 Hookers. Guys like Brailey and Robson seem to have gone up a level while Rheed has gone down. Watching JMK and the Dogs would be worried they f**ked up not extending him. He's been one of their best all year.

Leaves our two Halves. Moses who is flash but loses his cool when shit doesn't go his way. I mean do you see him as clutch or a man that leads? I see him as a boy with a heap of talent.

Then Dylan. Our best player in the spine. But is he in the top 4 5/8 in the game?

Our bench would be worse in the comp.
Our 2-5 all average. Who of them would be even close to playing origin or at that level?

Leaves our forward pack. It's very good untill they need a rest.

I feel like BA is a very good forwards coach. He seems to be able to get them going and recruited or built a pack that's great running over the top of sides.And gets the playing their role well. But he just seems to lack getting the best from players in other positions or doesn't seem to see what skill level is required here I am unsure.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
Sometimes I wonder if we genuinely do have the talent. Or are we over rating what we have or had. Forget the past and look at the 15 games this season.
Gutherson in the bottom 8 fullbacks. Mahoney I am unsure makes the top 8 Hookers. Guys like Brailey and Robson seem to have gone up a level while Rheed has gone down.

Leaves our two Halves. Moses who is flash but loses his cool when shit doesn't go his way. I mean do you see him as clutch or a man that leads? I see him as a boy with a heap of talent.

Then Dylan. Our best player in the spine. But is he in the top 4 5/8 in the game?

Our 2-5 all average. Who of them would be even close to playing origin or at that level?

We clearly play with very little team work. It's all based around the efforts and talents of the individuals to do something.

We use little to no tactical nous in matches ever. Chasing the collision and front loading your energy is not tactical nous, it's just encouraging effort.

We even defend as individuals, and it's up to individual efforts to stop tries, not team work. I've never seen a team have an overlap against it as much. Every time our opponents go wide they get on our outside. When our attitude is right then individuals just stop the try, when the attitude is off, the individuals don't stop the try. It's not a case of defensive structures working one week and breaking down the next.

It looks like every week that we don't ever even train as a team out there.

The 1% attention to detail plays are non-existent like they are in other teams. It's overlooked or not considered by our coaching staff.

This is all down to coaching. This reliance on the individual is why many of our players aren't as good as they should be.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
Gutherson in the bottom 8 fullbacks. Mahoney I am unsure makes the top 8 Hookers. Guys like Brailey and Robson seem to have gone up a level while Rheed has gone down. Watching JMK and the Dogs would be worried they f**ked up not extending him. He's been one of their best all year.

I feel like BA is a very good forwards coach. He seems to be able to get them going and recruited or built a pack that's great running over the top of sides.And gets the playing their role well. But he just seems to lack getting the best from players in other positions or doesn't seem to see what skill level is required here I am unsure.
According to your Bones on Bones buddy, we have an awesome squad apparently.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why would Dogs or Tigers even make an (early) offer to BA? What would he bring to the table above Kimmorley for example?
He's built a shit squad into a competitive one, even if he hasn't been able to put the cherry on top. Thats something that Kimmorley can't say he's done.

I'd say both clubs would take that at this point and worry about how they become premiership winners when they stop being shit.

84 Baby

Referee
Been in our system, and has experience in winning games that matter.
Was in our system like 4 million years ago. I’m just saying his saying he’d tweak our edge defence because he thought the middle defence was doing well, doesn’t strike as someone who even watched the game

84 Baby

Referee
The other thing working against BA is the media hype that if we don’t do it this year, then window closed. Might be difficult to get some players up after that.