What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You don’t think Payten or Fitzy have made a difference?? Townsend and Hiku were the buys for the Cows. Most laughed at the 800k for Townsend(I know I did) and Hiku is a journeyman well passed his best. The Sharks did buy smart but they did lose Sean Johnson and Townsend. Johnson was about the Sharks best player last year before getting injured. They are both playing totally different styles and are great to watch.

While we are stuck playing Bea Ball, I really think they players are sick of it. The only time they look interested is when we play a bit of Parraball it’s the only time we have looked really threatening all season. Both first halves against the Panthers and Roosters. Second half was back playing boring Bea ball and we again looked disinterested and struggled. I think the only Decent option is Flanno and also has its own problems and I honestly can’t see this board making any changes unless we are back on spoon town.
Nothing is ever entirely the result of a coach (good or bad).

Payten and Fitzy definitely adding value but I want to see how both clubs go over the next few years before popping my cookies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Try being physical every game. You need to save that for finals and be able to win nrl games going at 90%. We win going at 100%, then we are flat due to burn out.
Watch the better clubs turn up the heat come finals.
Every game is a physical contest mate. Not sure how you play it without being physical FFS.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nothing is ever entirely the result of a coach (good or bad).

Payten and Fitzy definitely adding value but I want to see how both clubs go over the next few years before popping my cookies.
And who on here is saying that?? I’m just saying the coach is absolutely cooked and it’s time for a change. I mean it’s not like he hasn’t had enough time. The team have stagnated quite badly IMO. Our defence this season has been pitiful, defence is an attitude thing IMO and it looks the players couldn’t give a toss half the time. That to me is on the coach.

Iamback

Coach
Most on here reckon we've just been unlucky and you have been very lucky.

You need some sort of lucky to win comps, All the finals last year could of gone either way. You don't win Minor Premierships through luck though.

Ivan is far from the best coach, still makes head scratching decisions but the systems in place is good. That is what is holding you guys back and that is all on the coaching staff

Iamback

Coach
It’s on everyone, including the coach.

This is true but how long has guys like Mark O'Neill been in his role?

Arthur will be in his 10th season next year and hasn't gotten the side to a Prelim, 2020 especially was a choke. How many years do you give someone in that situation?

JokerEel

Coach
How long have you and Jakey been an item??? Not that there’s anything wrong with that…….. I’ve wanted Arthur gone since round 6 2018. Having his son as the only back up option is more bullshit but it’s never Jakes fault. He’s not the one picking himself.

How long are you going to keep using that line?

Yes we know you mad because BA said he had no clue how to fix our shit team in a post match interview..(Bellamy saying similar is cool though)

Like all teams the coach is just 1 piece of the puzzle it is also who is his assistance GM trainers and other staff that's the same with all clubs. But he has been here for almost 10 years time for change..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How long are you going to keep using that line?

Yes we know you mad because BA said he had no clue how to fix our shit team in a post match interview..(Bellamy saying similar is cool though)

Like all teams the coach is just 1 piece of the puzzle it is also who is his assistance GM trainers and other staff that's the same with all clubs. But he has been here for almost 10 years time for change..
Bellamy has won 3 comps Bea Arthur hasn’t even won 3 finals lol. Mentioning the bald dope in the same sentence is embarrassing. And I’ll keep saying this the whole club needs a f**king massive shake up. From the CEO, the chairman his board and Bea and his coaching staff. Even the merkin who paints the lines should be under the pump ffs!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I asked the question in the a thread in the Penrith forum, What has changed with you guys?

You aren't terrible but I see no improvement over say the last 5 years, to me that is on the coach
We are at the peak for a club our size. There’s no improvement from 100%. The problem is our 100% is lower than 100% for a bigger club. A large fanbase and a new, government owned stadium don’t make you a big club. It’s all about how much you spend on football operations.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s the right message to send the players. They are at their best when they are physical. It’s a simple game.

Not sure why that message isn’t getting through but the message shouldn’t change.

I’ve said before that a new coach might provide a sugar hit but that won’t last. It never does. For long term success we need to do a lot more than just change the coach.

The most laughable stuff I’ve seen on here is people equating improvements in other clubs solely down to coaching changes and ignoring roster changes and anything else that contributes to improvements….or worse still declaring it after less than a season.

Remember @Gazzamatta claiming that Hollbrook was god’s gift to coaching? That looks like a pretty poor call at the moment.
I remember merkins here talking up McGregor that year Saints made the finals.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And who on here is saying that?? I’m just saying the coach is absolutely cooked and it’s time for a change. I mean it’s not like he hasn’t had enough time. The team have stagnated quite badly IMO. Our defence this season has been pitiful, defence is an attitude thing IMO and it looks the players couldn’t give a toss half the time. That to me is on the coach.
It’s always about the f**ken coach and everything is his fault. He’s got his issues and I agree he needs to go but the focus on BA and the blame attributed to him for all of our problems is disproportionate imo.

Thats all I’m saying, merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s always about the f**ken coach and everything is his fault. He’s got his issues and I agree he needs to go but the focus on BA and the blame attributed to him for all of our problems is disproportionate imo.

Thats all I’m saying, merkin.
And around and around we go the Bea Bald shoe shuffle, I’ll say it again it’s not all on him, a fish rots from the head and serious questions need to be asked to the chairman, board, CEO , HOF and people involved in the pathways. Nathan Brown is a solid start but if it’s just more window dressing like the Clayton’s review it’s just another waste of time.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bellamy has won 3 comps Bea Arthur hasn’t even won 3 finals lol. Mentioning the bald dope in the same sentence is embarrassing. And I’ll keep saying this the whole club needs a f**king massive shake up. From the CEO, the chairman his board and Bea and his coaching staff. Even the merkin who paints the lines should be under the pump ffs!!
Dont mention white lines.

hindy111

Post Whore
Every game is a physical contest mate. Not sure how you play it without being physical FFS.

That's why I said 90%. We seem to need to play at 100% intensity to win. The top sides can cruise at 80-90% then go up a gear come finals.
I reckon it's why we are so flat after a few wins. We wear ourself out.

Penrith/Sharks/Storm/Souths seem to just have to be about 80% effort to beat the weaker sides. If we play and that we get beat.
We seem to put 100% against the big guns like Storm and Panthers. Not suggesting they are not going at 100% against us but come finals I reckon they will go up a level. I'm sure we will be at 100% also. Just unsure if we will be burnt out with a tough run home. I expect we win all 3 tbh.

hindy111

Post Whore

We are at our peak you peanut. Week 2 of finals is our peak. Excellent achievement 👏
Extend BA for life I say. It's amazing what he has achieved with such a tiny club

Last edited: