What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I asked the question in the a thread in the Penrith forum, What has changed with you guys?

You aren't terrible but I see no improvement over say the last 5 years, to me that is on the coach
Coaches don’t make a difference according to some, tell that to the Cows and Sharks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s on everyone, including the coach.
I agree, but you wouldn’t know it on here. The whole club needs a massive shake up. The board seem clueless and the CEO seems in his own fantasy land. A good start having Nathan Brown have a look at what’s happening at a junior level but until the board get serious about spending some more in the football department we are stuck with a middling coach with sub par assistants.

But those who think changing the coach won’t make an difference or we could spiral badly are kidding themselves. We have a 9 year coach who’sas stale as month old dog shit. Who’s completely out of ideas and I really think the players have stopped listening to the same old boring message.

JokerEel

Coach
I agree, but you wouldn’t know it on here. The whole club needs a massive shake up. The board seem clueless and the CEO seems in his own fantasy land. A good start having Nathan Brown have a look at what’s happening at a junior level but until the board get serious about spending some more in the football department we are stuck with a middling coach with sub par assistants.

But those who think changing the coach won’t make an difference or we could spiral badly are kidding themselves. We have a 9 year coach who’sas stale as month old dog shit. Who’s completely out of ideas and I really think the players have stopped listening to the same old boring message.

I thought it was the coaches sons fault we lose going by the whining on here..

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

It’s the right message to send the players. They are at their best when they are physical. It’s a simple game.

Not sure why that message isn’t getting through but the message shouldn’t change.

I’ve said before that a new coach might provide a sugar hit but that won’t last. It never does. For long term success we need to do a lot more than just change the coach.

The most laughable stuff I’ve seen on here is people equating improvements in other clubs solely down to coaching changes and ignoring roster changes and anything else that contributes to improvements….or worse still declaring it after less than a season.

Remember @Gazzamatta claiming that Hollbrook was god’s gift to coaching? That looks like a pretty poor call at the moment.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It’s the right message to send the players. They are at their best when they are physical. It’s a simple game.

Not sure why that message isn’t getting through but the message shouldn’t change.

I’ve said before that a new coach might provide a sugar hit but that won’t last. It never does. For long term success we need to do a lot more than just change the coach.

The most laughable stuff I’ve seen on here is people equating improvements in other clubs solely down to coaching changes and ignoring roster changes and anything else that contributes to improvements….or worse still declaring it after less than a season.

Remember @Gazzamatta claiming that Hollbrook was god’s gift to coaching? That looks like a pretty poor call at the moment.
Well he won last week. 😁. Id still be more than happy with a swap.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Moses played his junior football for the Holy Cross Rhinos and Carlingford Cougars[3] before being signed by the Parramatta Eels. Moses played for the Eels' Harold Matthews Cup team before being signed by the Wests Tigers. Moses later said, "I went to Parramatta and played Harold Matts there. I wanted to stay there but it's their decision and I respect it.

I stand corrected. He is still syhte.

Edit: well that is harsh, he is above average, far from shyte, Luke Brooks is shyte Mitch is way better.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

You don’t think Payten or Fitzy have made a difference?? Townsend and Hiku were the buys for the Cows. Most laughed at the 800k for Townsend(I know I did) and Hiku is a journeyman well passed his best. The Sharks did buy smart but they did lose Sean Johnson and Townsend. Johnson was about the Sharks best player last year before getting injured. They are both playing totally different styles and are great to watch.

While we are stuck playing Bea Ball, I really think they players are sick of it. The only time they look interested is when we play a bit of Parraball it’s the only time we have looked really threatening all season. Both first halves against the Panthers and Roosters. Second half was back playing boring Bea ball and we again looked disinterested and struggled. I think the only Decent option is Flanno and also has its own problems and I honestly can’t see this board making any changes unless we are back on spoon town.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought it was the coaches sons fault we lose going by the whining on here..
How long have you and Jakey been an item??? Not that there’s anything wrong with that…….. I’ve wanted Arthur gone since round 6 2018. Having his son as the only back up option is more bullshit but it’s never Jakes fault. He’s not the one picking himself.

hindy111

Post Whore
I asked the question in the a thread in the Penrith forum, What has changed with you guys?

You aren't terrible but I see no improvement over say the last 5 years, to me that is on the coach

Most on here reckon we've just been unlucky and you have been very lucky.

hindy111

Post Whore

Try being physical every game. You need to save that for finals and be able to win nrl games going at 90%. We win going at 100%, then we are flat due to burn out.
Watch the better clubs turn up the heat come finals.