What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.3%

• Total voters

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd throw the kitchen sink at Fittler.
Who knows how he will go but he might bring some talent and he can engage with the media unlike Uncle Arthur.

I think it's a bit different motivating 17 of the top 50 players in your sport to have a crack for 2 out of 3 games than what it would be to coach in the NRL.

Now that Bellyache has re-signed at the Storm Id take a crack at Adam O'Brien. I'd also consider McGuire.

IFR33K

Coach
I think it's a bit different motivating 17 of the top 50 players in your sport to have a crack for 2 out of 3 games than what it would be to coach in the NRL.

Now that Bellyache has re-signed at the Storm Id take a crack at Adam O'Brien. I'd also consider McGuire.

We need change. He simply won’t win them over next year. Fittler did well with the Lebanon team too.

Chipmunk

Coach
We need change. He simply won’t win them over next year. Fittler did well with the Lebanon team too.

Yeah, but he was woeful as an NRL coach wasn't he.

I doubt Freddie would even be remotely interested in an NRL job and it won't be at Parra. Move on.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah, but he was woeful as an NRL coach wasn't he.

I doubt Freddie would even be remotely interested in an NRL job and it won't be at Parra. Move on.
Freddie has already coached at NRL level and he knows that it is like hearding cats.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He has an impressive CV and is probably ready to jump into a head coaching role in the NRL.

Good suggestion.

My only concern would lie with the fact he has an unproven record as a First Grade coach; I'd think that, if parting ways with Arthur was the way forward, then we would benefit more from hiring an experienced coach to take over, otherwise we could end up with another Arthur.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My only concern would lie with the fact he has an unproven record as a First Grade coach; I'd think that, if parting ways with Arthur was the way forward, then we would benefit more from hiring an experienced coach to take over, otherwise we could end up with another Arthur.
True, but there aren't too many of those available and most of the ones we've discussed previously aren't great options imo.

Das Hassler

Bench
If you don't mind me saying i don't think the problem is so much with Arthur as a coach in any technical sense..he"s just not in firm control of the personalities and temperaments....maybe too close to them. His post match talk they were paying no attention whatsoever. Bennet or ( not trying to be funny) Sheens for 3 years. It's more off field than on ..the proof is what the side can do when their mindsets align. Right now you need a proven winner and who can handle and influence front office politics more than potential..the personalities in that side and the club in general cannot succeed ( right now)with a coach on P plates...Arthur rants..yells and tells them the truth but his words carry no weight with them now as he's won as much as they have. When a multiple premiership winner and successful kangaroo coach tells you to STFU and listen most players and club officials tend to do just that.
Having said that Des Hassler would make a great argument against...he would have to be about the most unemployable premiership winner in RL history.

Noise

Coach
I get that some people don’t want Arthur sacked, everyone has different opinions and info.
For those who want him to stay how long into next season would you wait before telling him his contract won’t be renewed?
And what would our record need to be to make that call(at that point in the season)?
And finally if we aren’t renewing him would you let him see out the year knowing hel be gone or sack him once he’s been told?
(I’m genuinely interested, not being a smart arse)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I get that some people don’t want Arthur sacked, everyone has different opinions and info.
For those who want him to stay how long into next season would you wait before telling him his contract won’t be renewed?
And what would our record need to be to make that call(at that point in the season)?
And finally if we aren’t renewing him would you let him see out the year knowing hel be gone or sack him once he’s been told?
(I’m genuinely interested, not being a smart arse)

I'd give him to halfway of 2019, but I do want him to stay on.