What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
Its less of a gamble by doing what I have suggested. Do you not agree? We can keep playing funny buggers with the 'sensible management' term but surely I have detailed a recipe for minimising risk.

And yes, I happen to think it is smart to perhaps have a plan in mind before you sack a coach. I dont see how that is even remotely controversial. I'm personally not fond of Flanagan but have started to warm to him since he's been commentating on Fox. If thats the way we went I'd support it. Its a much better option than a rookie.

As for the other stuff about being a class clown. I'm happy to wear that criticism.
Flanagan is no dope when it comes to reading the game. His analysis is top notch.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sterlo said that there are issues with the attack and the coach snapped back with he’s entitled to his opinion instead of acknowledging the issue.
Arthur needs to publicly show support for his young halves. He can't just go yeah, they're shit without Moses holding their hand.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith sacked Anthony Griffin when they were sitting inside the top 4 in 2018.
Weren't they negotiating with their in-demand Origin halfback and trying to find ways to fit him under the cap? I don't think Griffin was sacked because he was no good. He was replaced by a coach whose Tigers team was outside the 8, but who happened to be related to the in-demand halfback.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok buddy. All is well and the players have all been outstanding. It honestly astounds me why the likes of yourself and poo keep making arguments for no known reasons.

so are you telling me, from last season till now, there’s been no players that should of been dropped for a week or two? I’ll take you as far back as 2018 and point out players that should of been dropped but weren’t

Here is a photo of the two.PARROT_2651882b.jpg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
@Avenger when we spoke about Flanno a little while ago I think you said that a few of your contacts raised concerns about whether he was the right cultural fit. A bit of a hard arse if I recall correctly?

Do those concerns still exist or do you think he might have mellowed during his time out of the game?

lucablight

First Grade
Weren't they negotiating with their in-demand Origin halfback and trying to find ways to fit him under the cap? I don't think Griffin was sacked because he was no good. He was replaced by a coach whose Tigers team was outside the 8, but who happened to be related to the in-demand halfback.
You could be right but Gus was the one who sacked Griffin and there’s nothing to suggest he wanted to bring Ivan back especially when you consider the fact that he was the one who sacked him.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You could be right but Gus was the one who sacked Griffin and there’s nothing to suggest he wanted to bring Ivan back especially when you consider the fact that he was the one who sacked him.
Was that around the time that he was chasing the Skeleton or was the before they got Griffin?

I remember after Griffin got arseholed he claimed that Gus did it because he wasn't a yes man and wouldn't allow Gus to have his way all the time. They ended up ignoring each other for months.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't know - if the coach can't get the team playing to the coach's vision that seems like a coaching issue to me.
It's both imo.

Ever had to performance manage staff? Sometimes merkins just don't perform. Thats on the coach too though. As others have pointed out he tends to show questionable loyalty at times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Might be why Gus got the arse as well. Nathan Cleary is more important to that club than Hook, Gus or Ivan. That's why Ivan was brought back as coach when he wasn't good enough a couple of years earlier.

Latest posts