What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The board are just worried about the board, keeping the status quo is safe and keeps them in a job. Taking a risk is not an option or spending the big bucks for a quality coach and assistants. We made a profit this year and the finals so they are safe and it’s all they care about.
You wouldn't know the first thing about Boards. Delivering indoor plants to Board Rooms doesn't make you an expert.

Noise

Coach
I guess it's the players putting the pressure on the club to re sign him, otherwise they will look elsewhere.

Unbelievably, I'm not too upset about it actually. It's obvious the players love him, and want to play for him. He has improved as a coach and hopefully he gets even better.

Now we just need to find, or buy our elite superstar player....that's what we need to win a premiership
We aren’t buying a superstar because it looks like we have just bent over so we can re-sign our current players because they only want to play for a proven champion in BA.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Surprised at the length of extension, but picked up some comments in the reports about an incentive based contract... so the club might have made it (fincially) hard for Arthur to stay on and fulfil the contract if the team doesn't perform in any of the next three seasons?

Chipmunk

Coach
I find this decision difficult to fathom to be honest. I don't have an issue with a 1 year extension, but 2 years just seems too hard to get out of if it all suddenly turns to shit next year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We aren’t buying a superstar because it looks like we have just bent over so we can re-sign our current players because they only want to play for a proven champion in BA.
The players love Bea A!!! As long as it’s for the right price!! We aren’t winning a comp with this playing group or coach but let’s double down anyway!!

Avenger

Immortal
The players love Bea A!!! As long as it’s for the right price!! We aren’t winning a comp with this playing group or coach but let’s double down anyway!!
Let’s make it interesting. I bet we make the GF during his next 3 years. $200 to your favourite charity. It better not be that guide dog joint where I lost my last bet to Gaz.

Deal?

Dearest Higher Power,

Forgive these eels fans for their sins against the game in besmirching the great name of Bea.

In thy finals I doth bear witness to all eels players up and ready for smug attack and wave d.

And a halo appeared aroundeth your bald headed prophet.

And what I saw doth aroused me.

Until the devil in Anesley, stole all hope and light from the finals series.

Praise Bea.

Amen.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Let’s make it interesting. I bet we make the GF during his next 3 years. $200 to your favourite charity. It better not be that guide dog joint where I lost my last bet to Gaz.

Deal?
Deal, I hope your right but I just can’t see it I really can’t. What will be different next year from the last 8??? The guy has proven he is tactically inept time and time again. But the boys love playing for him.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s a polarising decision for sure. The divide is not just on these pages. Unroll this thread below on twitter and you get the same love/hate responses.

My 2 cents is that the board reviewed the coaching market, were cognisant of the player market, AND most importantly, the new QLD team for 2023 who can sign players from 1 Nov, 2021. This call was based on a holistic approach with a focus on stability.