What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm curious to know where these Brad Arthur moving to the Tigers or Dogs, and then being replaced at Parra by Ciraldo are actually coming from. For mine, this entire scenario seems a little far fetched for it to actually have any legs. It sounds manipulated to create a scenario that people probably weren't really thinking.

lucablight

First Grade
I'm curious to know where these Brad Arthur moving to the Tigers or Dogs, and then being replaced at Parra by Ciraldo are actually coming from. For mine, this entire scenario seems a little far fetched for it to actually have any legs. It sounds manipulated to create a scenario that people probably weren't really thinking.
I would have said the same thing about the club trying to move on Nathan Brown but here we are.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In the absence of any knowledge the media are just making a bunch of scenarios up.

That said, there are a finite number of clubs and available coaches so one of the scenarios will probably be correct.

emjaycee

Coach
I think there are 2 separate issues and some people are just joining dots that may or may not deserve to be linked, just yet.

Issue 1 is that BA is coming up to 10 years and we havent tasted premiership success. Although contracted for 2023 and 24, it is not out of the realms of all possibility that he would finish earlier than 2024. If he was going to become available, what clubs would be interested in him? I reckon no more than 6 clubs would even be entertaining the idea of appointing a new coach in the next 2 years (Dragons, Knights, Dogs, Tigers, Warriors and Titans). 3 of those need to and 3 of those might be able to justify it if pushed, although the Dragons will probably give Hook a few more years to re-work his roster a little bit. So that leaves Dogs, Tigers and Warriors and let's rule out the Warriors as BA still has a school aged child and probably wouldnt want to relocate to NZ. So in all reality, for him to continue coaching in the NRL when he finishes with us, it would be only the Tigers or Dogs and because both of them need a coach for 2023, it would be easy to think they could try and get him early rather than run for the whole of 2023 with an interim coach.

Issue 2 is that CC knows he is hot property and Tigers re-inforced that with their recent 5 year offer. He knocked it back for what obviously wasnt the length of the contract and for all reports wasnt $, therefore he is obviously interested in a head coaching role with a club that has a relatively strong roster and we fit that bill, given our recent and current performances of finishing in the top 8 consistently. Although we don't need a coach until 2024 most likely so he extends with Penrith for security with an out if he accepts an NRL FG gig.

Joining the dots is the easy part... Tigers or Dogs offer BA a huge $ 5-year contract, he asks to leave early knowing that he has 1 or 2 years at the most with us and he wants to keep coaching NRL in Sydney with limited opportunities beyond 2023 (at this stage). We therefore need to replace him and so we approach Ciraldo who wants a strong club to kick off his FG coaching career. He invokes his get out clause and voila.

Either that, or the author of that article is a member of Bones on Bones.

Latest posts