What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

Gazzamatta

Coach
The 1.2m per season makes the "unfinished business" all the more palatable.
Crowe was heavily involved. $1.2 plus perks etc, etc. Imagine how it went down once Parra threw their hat into the ring. Probably bumped his deal substantially.
Say thank you Wayne!

hindy111

Post Whore
You know this place, can never miss a chance to lay the boot into BA or the TCT. The TCT do great work and i have no idea why anyone would want to shit on them for doing what they love and bring the content they do to us. Don't like it, don't listen!

It seriously hasn't changed in the last 1 to 2 years that i've been gone.

I thought i would come back to sunshine and rainbows now that BA is gone.......appears not.

I look forward to shitting on the upcoming coach search, signing of the shit coach and then when we lose the first game next year, said shit coach not being up to the job........it's very exciting!

I agree on TCT. I may not agree with everything they say but I can't question their commitment, passion or dedication to the club.
As far as BA goes he had his chance. His time was up and I am happy with the decision.

yy_cheng

Coach
You know this place, can never miss a chance to lay the boot into BA or the TCT. The TCT do great work and i have no idea why anyone would want to shit on them for doing what they love and bring the content they do to us. Don't like it, don't listen!

It seriously hasn't changed in the last 1 to 2 years that i've been gone.

I thought i would come back to sunshine and rainbows now that BA is gone.......appears not.

I look forward to shitting on the upcoming coach search, signing of the shit coach and then when we lose the first game next year, said shit coach not being up to the job........it's very exciting!
Same thing. Don't like, don't read.

Parra Pride

Referee
It's odd that people are finding reasons to shit on BA now about that GF. As you say, it's easy to be wise in hindsight.

People talk about this Penrith team as being the best team for 50 years, yet others will pile on BA and say that it's his fault we don't have a title. "Just enjoy the week" is something that is said EVERY year to GF and SOO players, so for people to now say he should have known better is ridiculous.

Frankly he deserves praise for the game plans that got his team victories over Penrith during the years when other teams absolutely could not.
Regardless of anything else, I will forever blame him for his baffling bench choices going into the GF. Nathan Brown, who hadn't played first grade in like ten weeks, and his son with absolutely zero plan to actually play the kid outside of either an emergency or with like ten minutes left and the game already decided. Would two different bench players have changed the result? Unlikely considering the start lost us the game, but it's still just absurd choices.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But there is a Panthers...
As there was a Storm and a Knights
The best team sometimes shits themselves before the grand final and a couple of smokies get to duke it out. It doesn't happen often but it happens, look at 2015 and 2005. You never know your luck.

Gronk

Staff member
Regardless of anything else, I will forever blame him for his baffling bench choices going into the GF. Nathan Brown, who hadn't played first grade in like ten weeks, and his son with absolutely zero plan to actually play the kid outside of either an emergency or with like ten minutes left and the game already decided. Would two different bench players have changed the result? Unlikely considering the start lost us the game, but it's still just absurd choices.
In 2022 Moses was playing injured towards the end of the year. Jake Arthur, who had not been seen near FG for 10 weeks (since the last injury) was put on the bench in Rnds 18 and 19. Moses missed Rnds 21 and 22 injured. In those games the halves were JA and Dylan. When Moses returned, JA remained on the bench as cover right through up to the GF.

The spot on the bench that Nathan Brown took in the GF was constantly changing. It was normally Makka, but BA often slotted in Ogden or Cartwright. Carty 2022 was not the same player as Carty 23/24. He played 10 FG games that year. Ogden was ineffective and Makka was vanilla. The selection of Nathan Brown was from left field but playing the best team in 20/30/40 years he rolled the dice. I guess you are pissed that Makka, who had played 24 games that year, missed out on the GF that he deserved?

Latest posts