What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 117 51.8%

• Total voters

Wally21

Bench
What determines someones level of experience and whether they have enough?
CEO has been in the job for over 4 years and O'Neill for nearly 6. Surely they are experienced by now?
Substitute the word experienced with competent, accountable or top performing and that fixes the original statement.
I’ve taken on work teams of extremely experienced people. Doesn’t mean they were competent or most importantly, accountable for delivering.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Brad earned what probably close to 10 million dollars of this club in the past 15 years including his modest salary as assistant in 2011-2012.

He was pretty well looked after.

Plus from what we told the club was happy to pay him out his full 18 months remaining on his contract.

Like seriously i would have loved a 1.5million dollar payout from my previous job to leave 18 months early.

yy_cheng

Coach
Like seriously i would have loved a 1.5million dollar payout from my previous job to leave 18 months early.
That probably isnt alot to him nowadays... I am sure he prefers to keep coaching Parra.

The problem was he was adverse to change and always went back to his old ways which is now out dated.
If only he did a DA back in '09.

I recall last year when he said Barrett will handle all the attack and we saw glimpses of new things some where Panfers like.

Then it dissappeared because we couldn't win.

Well, he should've focussed on both the attack and DEFENSE !!! at the same time.

You can now see the Barrett attack showing as Barrett has full control of how we play.... But Barrett too have forgotten about DEFENSE.

Gronk

Staff member
Brad earned what probably close to 10 million dollars of this club in the past 15 years including his modest salary as assistant in 2011-2012.

He was pretty well looked after.

Plus from what we told the club was happy to pay him out his full 18 months remaining on his contract.

If Ricky did this everyone would "be good on him". LOL Ricky.

ricky-stuart.gif

Yes, BA should have given Troy a warm hug, but he didn't. Poor Troy "just expected better". TBH it comes across as a Tay Tay fan not getting an autograph.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So as the story goes, BA was asked to do a podcast with Troy to which he replied "no way in the world" or words to that effect. BA then proceeds to dump sh*t on the club.
Somethin dont add up.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brad needs to grow up and move on.

He got given a fair run at this club not many coaches in sporting organizations get 11 years at a club without winning anything except maybe the dribblers in the other code down south. Apparently some Ping Pong coach has been at a club for 12 years yet to make a GF and still in a job.

Maybe if BA evolved just a touch with tactics and kept us competitive instead of an outdated power game that got blown away in the past year and half he might still have a job.
The power game was outdated before we made it to the grand final. I remember whinging about it in 2021. But Arthur's made it work. Only Penrith beat us in the finals in 2021-22. The team has declined since then but it isn't the tactics. It's the squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, he should've focussed on both the attack and DEFENSE !!! at the same time.

You can now see the Barrett attack showing as Barrett has full control of how we play.... But Barrett too have forgotten about DEFENSE.
We have some good attacking players and some poor defenders.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The power game was outdated before we made it to the grand final. I remember whinging about it in 2021. But Arthur's made it work. Only Penrith beat us in the finals in 2021-22. The team has declined since then but it isn't the tactics. It's the squad.
Ffs how did I miss this whinging.

In all serious I felt our game style hung on longer then it should have.

We probably should have faded a lot earlier then 2023 considering the rule changes that came in 2020.

After we lost to Souths in 2020 I thought we were cooked.

It took other teams longer to catch on and go past us then I thought it would.

2021 was a gettable premiership though Penrith still werent at there peak and Cleary was busted with his shoulder.

But we lost Moses for a month in Origin 3 and those 3 weeks cost us a top 4 spot.

We had a 4 win head start on Manly after 4 rounds and they swooped in thanks to Turbo and our late season collapse and got 4th which cost us and put us in sudden death which is always hard to win a comp from.

Latest posts