What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.3%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dog Fetching GIF

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, my point is that the Eels went to sh1t once he was sacked, and although they weren’t winning, they looked way better than they did after his sacking. It’s like the Eels’ board just gave up completely on season ‘24 and thus, unlike Arthur who stuck solid, the Eels board gave up on the players they have.
You can say what you like about Arthur’s coaching tactics, but he is one coach who has tenacity and loyalty to players. Unlike AOB at the Knights who is culling his squad and recruiting because of his own failings. Newcastle need a coach who can work with what they‘ve got over longer periods of time, rather than this roster full stuff.

Don't you think that undying loyalty to players can be an issue?

He will not tap players on the shoulder, because of his loyalty to them.

He is a capable coach - not a good coach, imo -, but his time here was done, and I am pleased we are moving in a new direction.

Also - bring on Brad Arthur, bring on the nepotism.

His son, Matt, is a talented hooker, imo, but he's years away from First Grade.

Daddy won't see it that way.

Steer clear of him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't you think that undying loyalty to players can be an issue?

He will not tap players on the shoulder, because of his loyalty to them.

He is a capable coach - not a good coach, imo -, but his time here was done, and I am pleased we are moving in a new direction.

Also - bring on Brad Arthur, bring on the nepotism.

His son, Matt, is a talented hooker, imo, but he's years away from First Grade.

Daddy won't see it that way.

Steer clear of him.

To expand further - he tapped Moimoi on the shoulder, who was still playing good footy, but kept Mannah on; Mannah did his job, and was solid, but he was struggling towards the end.

Not to mention Brad's obsession with signing older/injury-prone players - some worked out, like Beau Scott, and Joe Ofahengaue....

But does anyone remember the Anthony Watmough experiment? How about the Kieran Foran debacle?

Josh Hodgson, anyone?

Scootsie

Juniors
To expand further - he tapped Moimoi on the shoulder, who was still playing good footy, but kept Mannah on; Mannah did his job, and was solid, but he was struggling towards the end.

Not to mention Brad's obsession with signing older/injury-prone players - some worked out, like Beau Scott, and Joe Ofahengaue....

But does anyone remember the Anthony Watmough experiment? How about the Kieran Foran debacle?

Josh Hodgson, anyone?
Well, the Hodgson signing was one of the worst. That bloke lost Canberra more games with single plays than any player I can remember in the last decade. Very Occasionally he got lucky, but his days were done and Ricky had wrung him dry. So yes, I agree that was a bad move,

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, the Hodgson signing was one of the worst. That bloke lost Canberra more games with single plays than any player I can remember in the last decade. Very Occasionally he got lucky, but his days were done and Ricky had wrung him dry. So yes, I agree that was a bad move,

Especially seeing as though we were happy to let Mahoney go, and signed an old guy coming off a serious knee injury.

He's an odd character, BA.

Scootsie

Juniors
I think he is a shady character personally.

He has conned a lot of people into thinking he was blue and gold to the core since he was toddler.

It turned from a dream job into using the club as a front to build his family empire.

And what did we get in return probably 2 x wooden spoons and the whole joint needing to be rebuilt from the ground up again while also shitcanning the joint after getting sent to the exit gates.
Well, see this is probably where I don’t agree With many on here. I didnt think the club needed a rebuild. They had a good strong roster prior to Arthar getting the sack. A big versatile and creative pack, and a good mix of experience and youth in the backs. And probably one of the best halves pairings in the league.
Im not on the inside, but wtf happened?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Josh Hodgson, anyone?
Foran played over a hundred NRL games after he left our club, and the nine he played for us were to a high standard. His mental health issues in 2016 weren’t our fault. Watmough and Hodgson both played 20 games in the year before we signed them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
This burns me to say it, because I would love us to be a powerhouse, but Jason Ryles won’t lead us to the promised land.

Sure, BA had to go, but I don’t expect much improvement in the short term under Ryles.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Foran played over a hundred NRL games after he left our club, and the nine he played for us were to a high standard. His mental health issues in 2016 weren’t our fault. Watmough and Hodgson both played 20 games in the year before we signed them.

I was more referring to the insane clause in Foran's contract that let him walk out, but I didn't state that - my bad.

Hodgson, and Watmough, are fine players - but they were old, and injury-prone, when we signed them - I don't think they were good signings.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, see this is probably where I don’t agree With many on here. I didnt think the club needed a rebuild. They had a good strong roster prior to Arthar getting the sack. A big versatile and creative pack, and a good mix of experience and youth in the backs. And probably one of the best halves pairings in the league.
Im not on the inside, but wtf happened?

Our backs are slow.

Our pack is only effective when we dominate field position, and territory - they are not fit, mobile, or hard-working enough to grind out games.

Our halves are terribly inconsistent.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was more referring to the insane clause in Foran's contract that let him walk out, but I didn't state that - my bad.

Hodgson, and Watmough, are fine players - but they were old, and injury-prone, when we signed them - I don't think they were good signings.
I was disappointed with how Hodgson turned out. I hoped for more, but expected what he delivered....which was f**k all.

Latest posts