What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters
Suitman said:
L.A.M.E. No. 2.

Back on the subject.

I'm interested to know whether those that voted No would support him when he runs out for us in 2007?

Suity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelementary
IF Jamie came back to us and played, and followed with all the inevitable fanfare (including apologies)...

Would he be accepted and cheered like any other Eel? Or would people (I'm not pointing the finger at anyone) feel, "Meh - he's an Eel, but also a w*****. Good on him for scoring," ?

Good question 'mentary.

IF he comes back to the fold and on the surface all bridges have been mended with players and admin and he trots out in the blue and gold then yes I will support the player wearing the jersey.

I will still feel, as a fan and member of the club, disappointed of what happened in 2004 and in the back of my mind will be waiting for him to do it again.

If he sets up the winning try in our first GF win in 20+ years then I will probably just shout the bar once instead of twice.

That was my reply mate.

Suitman

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelementary
IF Jamie came back to us and played, and followed with all the inevitable fanfare (including apologies)...

Would he be accepted and cheered like any other Eel? Or would people (I'm not pointing the finger at anyone) feel, "Meh - he's an Eel, but also a w*****. Good on him for scoring," ?

Good question 'mentary.

IF he comes back to the fold and on the surface all bridges have been mended with players and admin and he trots out in the blue and gold then yes I will support the player wearing the jersey.

I will still feel, as a fan and member of the club, disappointed of what happened in 2004 and in the back of my mind will be waiting for him to do it again.

If he sets up the winning try in our first GF win in 20+ years then I will probably just shout the bar once instead of twice.

That was my reply mate.

That's pretty fair.
Onya buddy.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
It was just a curiosity question.
I'm not expecting anything........

Suity

You may not be, I think a fair few people are placing a lot of hope on what is, at the moment, purely media speculation......

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
You may not be, I think a fair few people are placing a lot of hope on what is, at the moment, purely media speculation......

I couldn't agree more.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
i plan on booing loudly and throwing full cans at him if he returns ;-)

actually, I'd obviously just go along with it, but i wouldn't particularly like him

Parraletic

Juniors
He'd have to suck up big time, but yeah I would have him back. He better get on his knees & beg though!

parra pete

Referee
strider said:
i plan on booing loudly and throwing full cans at him if he returns

Forget him I say....God forgives I don't. He committed the worst act of treachery ever, turning his back on a mate. If it happened a game before the finals would the attitude be the same.
A spoilt big sook.

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
strider said:
i plan on booing loudly and throwing full cans at him if he returns

Forget him I say....God forgives I don't. He committed the worst act of treachery ever, turning his back on a mate. If it happened a game before the finals would the attitude be the same.
A spoilt big sook.

There's lot's of anger there Pete that you need to let go of.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
Suitman said:
parra pete said:
There's lot's of anger there Pete that you need to let go of.

Suity

Sorry Suity, I just can't get over what he did to the Club. I was wrapped in him as a player..He is fantastic, the best no doubt about it. But football, to me, is more than skill on the paddock.
He LET HIS MATES DOWN and that is unforgiveable. He allowed people like Ray Hadley have a FREE shot at the Club and its coach.
How could you see Lyon next to a champion like Nathan Hindmarsh - a bloke who keeps giving and giving his 150% EVERY TIME. Jamie LOST me forever with his antics...Sorry, but I just can't forget it. Loyalty, mateship is what League was built on. He hasn't got either.
He created tension in Rugby League circles.
I was within an inch of giving the game away.In 2008 it will be 50 years since I saw Parramatta play for the first time (god I'm an old goat). I was hooked even though the team was the perennial wooden spooner. Finals success didn't come until 1962 with the arrival of Kenny Thornett (aka God)
The only thing that kept me in it (not that me going is any big deal) was a trip to Queensland for State of Origin in 2004 and the opportunity to mix with some of the best blokes the code has ever known.
It confirmed that there are GOOD blokes still involved. Blokes who gave their hearts and soul for team mates. Battled on when times were tough..and still love the game.
I am going again this year. I have a seat at the South Logan Magpie Club SOO Dinner in the arvo, and a seat in a corporate box at Suncorp Stadium that night (thanks to a very good mate who knows EVERYONE in the WORLD).
And I'll probably be at Cumberland Oval for the Souths match if it is played on Saturday, as I fly back home, from Sydney, on Sunday morning.
If Jamie does come back to Parra it will make them a better side no doubt about it. But winning with a creep like him in the side wouldn't be as exciting for me, as winning without him. Winning like that is not that important to me
Bit like kissing your sister.

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Suitman said:
Sorry Suity, I just can't get over what he did to the Club. I was wrapped in him as a player..He is fantastic, the best no doubt about it. But football, to me, is more than skill on the paddock.
He LET HIS MATES DOWN and that is unforgiveable. He allowed people like Ray Hadley have a FREE shot at the Club and its coach.
How could you see Lyon next to a champion like Nathan Hindmarsh - a bloke who keeps giving and giving his 150% EVERY TIME. Jamie LOST me forever with his antics...Sorry, but I just can't forget it. Loyalty, mateship is what League was built on. He hasn't got either.
He created tension in Rugby League circles.
I was within an inch of giving the game away.In 2008 it will be 50 years since I saw Parramatta play for the first time (god I'm an old goat). I was hooked even though the team was the perennial wooden spooner. Finals success didn't come until 1962 with the arrival of Kenny Thornett (aka God)
The only thing that kept me in it (not that me going is any big deal) was a trip to Queensland for State of Origin in 2004 and the opportunity to mix with some of the best blokes the code has ever known.
It confirmed that there are GOOD blokes still involved. Blokes who gave their hearts and soul for team mates. Battled on when times were tough..and still love the game.
I am going again this year. I have a seat at the South Logan Magpie Club SOO Dinner in the arvo, and a seat in a corporate box at Suncorp Stadium that night (thanks to a very good mate who knows EVERYONE in the WORLD).
And I'll probably be at Cumberland Oval for the Souths match if it is played on Saturday, as I fly back home, from Sydney, on Sunday morning.
If Jamie does come back to Parra it will make them a better side no doubt about it. But winning with a creep like him in the side wouldn't be as exciting for me, as winning without him. Winning like that is not that important to me
Bit like kissing your sister.

I still say it sounds like there is anger there but maybe you just off loaded most of it.
Seriously mate, I understand where you are coming from. I really do. Mateship and comraderie is more important than anything.
He really pissed me off when he did what he did. I was angry too.

But he was just a kid. A naive kid. Wouldn't know right from wrong. Some do, but some don't.
He was one who maybe didn't. I just think that all this animosity towards him (not just you, but many on this board) is a little over the top. Maybe it's the pacifist coming out in me.

I would like to think that if his mates (former players) are willing to give him a chance, we might be able to as well.

Only time will tell.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Forget it, i was more pissed then anyone for what he did to us but for the sake ofa premiership i'd take him back.

Ask yourself this: if it came down to two clubs us & Manly who would you rather him go to? could you stomach the fact that he'll score 20 tries a year there year in year out or the fact we had the chance to take him back and refused too.

It would be an aweful feeling seeing him go to another club and being a star.

yy_cheng

Coach
He was a kid going through a hard time and he wasn't happy with his current situation. I'm sure he was getting alot of bad advice from one Noel Cleal. Some kids at that age would kill themselves.

If he comes back under Parra's TERMS and if the senior players accept him, then we should support him.

Latest posts