What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
So the majority says Yes. Now get off the fence eela!!! :p

nope! [-(

I don't want the guy dictating what we should pay him..this bloke walked away withh 100K after 1 game at the club. we should be able to say here...x amount take it friggen leave it.

if he takes it..I'll forgive him ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I can't understand the logic of many on this board. Jamie is imo the best centre in the world, he made a mistake a couple of years back which to this day i have the sh*ts about, but fair dinkum who here hasn't made a mistake in their lives? who here hasn't had a bad day and just walked out of work and never returned, i've done. He was only young at the time and if it was the coaches fault i couldn't balme him as their seem to be a few ex eels out there who felt the same as Jamie.

Delaney & Smith are very good players, but will never ever have the talent of Lyon, You can quote that, take a photo don't give a sh*t it's the truth.

Come back Jamie, give us fans an apology and all will be forgotten like it should be, go to Manly and i'll shove a theomometer up your bum! lol

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Colonel,

Can you post ALL the quotes of people saying he WILL win us a Premiership.

Suity

Sorry Suity, I really don't want to play games - that is a request better left for Misty Bee. You can have a look if you want there may not be a lot but there are enough.

Parra Guru

Coach
eelavation said:
nope! [-(

I don't want the guy dictating what we should pay him..this bloke walked away withh 100K after 1 game at the club. we should be able to say here...x amount take it friggen leave it.

if he takes it..I'll forgive him , post: -)[/quote"]

Vote NO Eela, join us non-conformists!!! :lol:

PB

Bench
IMO.
Jamie, although i have probably only seen a handful of St Helens matches, is not the best centre in the world. Mark Gasnier is.

"Jamie is the saviour" i can't see how this can be. He hasn't won an ESL title or Challenge Cup for St Helens yet, and he was apart odf the same team many have since pegged as "chokers" that can never win a comp (the team of 01).

He has played bugger all 5/8, and being the "Man of Steel" doesn't mean you right your own cheque. This award was once won by Adrian Vowels!

In most facets of life, you do judge people on their past actions. When you apply for a job, you are asked about your previous experience, when you apply for a visa you may have to divulge any possible criminal record. When you meet a person for the first time, they may tell you something about their past which turns you right off them. The thing is that people have different standards and values as to what they deem to be something that is forgivable or that you can overlook.

eel4life

Juniors
Its nothing against Morris but Lyon is a game breaker and we need that, Smith and Lyon together looks like a lethal combination and he is a great defender aswell.

If he was unhappy and needed to grow up then fine, but only if the team want him back, if hindmarsh one of our leaders says its ok then its fine with me.

Agent Mulder

Bench
If Our guys are happy to have him back then im all for it, Before he left he was my favorite player, I just hope when he comes back he doesnt do the same thing again, Maybe his time in England has taught him to pull his head in.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PB said:
IMO.
Jamie, although i have probably only seen a handful of St Helens matches, is not the best centre in the world. Mark Gasnier is.

"Jamie is the saviour" i can't see how this can be. He hasn't won an ESL title or Challenge Cup for St Helens yet, and he was apart odf the same team many have since pegged as "chokers" that can never win a comp (the team of 01).

He has played bugger all 5/8, and being the "Man of Steel" doesn't mean you right your own cheque. This award was once won by Adrian Vowels!

In most facets of life, you do judge people on their past actions. When you apply for a job, you are asked about your previous experience, when you apply for a visa you may have to divulge any possible criminal record. When you meet a person for the first time, they may tell you something about their past which turns you right off them. The thing is that people have different standards and values as to what they deem to be something that is forgivable or that you can overlook.

(1) Gasnier hasn't won squat either. Therefore, Lyon and he are par for the 'best centre in the world' tag, if anything.

(2) Jamie may have playe dus for fools, but he didn't commit a serious criminal offence. walking out on your contract, while an offence punishable by law, is hardly the same as someone who robbed a bank. lol

I always consider the following:

We choked in 2001, but a very young Jamie Lyon had an outstanding game in my view. As he matured, he seemed to get better and better.

I don't know...

boxboy

Juniors
Me for one would have him back in a flash. He spent that first month or so staying next door to me at his uncles when he left the club and i got to have a drink with him and a chat.
As much as i was hanging to ask him what the hell he was doing , i didnt bring footy up at all. Is all i can tell you all is he was very down and very stressed and i could tell it wasnt as easy for him just getting up and leaving as you all may think. I actually felt very sad for him. His uncle told me he had just well and truley had enough and needed to get away from it all.
A lot has happened since then and i know i would love to have him back at the eels where he belongs. A great player and a really nice guy to go with it.

If its not to be, at least i probably have the very last Jamie Lyon sighned eels jumper and stubbie cooler. :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
He had no issues with the fans or his team-mates. He was just simply not compatible with Brian Smith. It happens.

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:
He had no issues with the fans or his team-mates. He was just simply not compatible with Brian Smith. It happens.

We still dont know that.

Smartman

Juniors
I want Lyon back at Parramatta so Sonny Bill can run at him to set up a couple of tries and score a couple himself.....:cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smartman said:
I want Lyon back at Parramatta so Sonny Bill can run at him to set up a couple of tries and score a couple himself.....:cool:

do you think he'll be back from injury by then..

Latest posts