What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

forward pass

Coach
Why wouldn't you want a champion player at the club - a man who can bring us a premiership?? If the players he let down will accept him I can't see why we can't !

Yes from me !

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
It isn't necessarily the money though Suity. It's the first grade opportunity. Lyon coming back is still young, as is Smith, Tahu and Delaney if they stay. It is inevitable that some of these kids will leave for their futures sake.

And count the number of Willie Tonga's, Steve and Michael Witt's etc....... that have left us.

So what?
If these kids go elsewhere, they go. Big deal.
There are so many of them, we only need to make sure we keep a couple.
FFS, we can't keep them all.

Suity

junior009

Juniors
Yes from me too.

I was always disappointed he left but I've always wanted him back. When ESL games are on Fox I'll have a look if St Helens are playing to watch him. I know he dudded us but I'll always be a fan, even if he plays for another NRL club.

fish eel

Immortal
I think saying we dont NEED him is a bit misguided.

On his day, one of the top 3 players in the world.

Putting everything aside, if we can realistically say we dont need some one of that talent....then as Suity would FAIR DINK!

Suitman said:
And count the number of Willie Tonga's, Steve and Michael Witt's etc....... that have left us.

So what?
If these kids go elsewhere, they go. Big deal.
There are so many of them, we only need to make sure we keep a couple.
FFS, we can't keep them all.

Suity

Suity,

I would have a real bitter taste in my mouth if I was Brett Delaney who, let's say, passed over other contracts to remain with the Eels only to be squeezed out at a later date to fit in a bloke who had/has loyalty issues.

That is purely hpyotheictal too.

Suitman

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Suity,

I would have a real bitter taste in my mouth if I was Brett Delaney who, let's say, passed over other contracts to remain with the Eels only to be squeezed out at a later date to fit in a bloke who had/has loyalty issues.

That is purely hpyotheictal too.

Well, in my books, it is up to Brett Delaney then to oust Timana through form.
It's a dog eat dog world Belly.
Parra run a business and they need to be successful to survive.
If it means signing a Lyon and losing a Delaney, so be it.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
'No' from me.

However if the club decided to take him back, I would cheer from him. But if it was up to me I'd say 'no'

stiffmeister

Bench
Can the Delaneys, Smiths etc match Lyon in talent? Maybe yes maybe no. I understand some fans love the Delaneys etcs as luv struck moms or girlfriends but this is league, this is business. We don't need motherly figures, I'm sure these players have mothers. This is league, & we're here to win not to worship. They are only flesh & blood not superior gods. I say no performance then out you go. This is the philosophy I use & thats why I'm a successful; martial artist & businessman. If I followed a crowd , I'd be a failure. This is life, accept it or face the consequences. Maybe I dont follow the crowd but hey I have my own business & I'm successful, I must be doing something right otherwise I will just be part of the crowd

Suitman said:
Well, in my books, it is up to Brett Delaney then to oust Timana through form.
It's a dog eat dog world Belly.
Parra run a business and they need to be successful to survive.
If it means signing a Lyon and losing a Delaney, so be it.

Suity

I have no problems with that iat all f Lyon was upfront with us rather than do a runner.

I would consider the club to be quite ruthless if we went after Lyon to forsake Delaney.

stiffmeister

Bench
Lets not be mothers & luvy duvy, we are about being champions not extended family members for the players. If they are loyal, go ask them for a loan & see the response. They dont give a f**k about you. Dont believe me then ask for a favour

Kornstar

Coach
How many premierships has he bought us and St Helens? He was in the 2001 side, he had a chance and didn't! I know he was younger, but he was still there and he wasn't even our best player that night either!!!

I do not argue that he isn't great, cause he is. He is definitely one of the best players in the world, it doesn't mean he will bring us a premiership!

I know we can't keep all juniors and we won't, i just really don't want to lose Delaney, Inu and Hayne, those 3 are the ones that i really want.

As Colonel said, they may see Lyon coming as a sign that they are not wanted and may head somewhere else.......and that is what will dissapoint me.

On the other hand i can see where everyone who wants him is coming from, i just do not think we NEED him.....he isn't Andrew Johns

stiff-meister eel said:
Lets not be mothers & luvy duvy, we are about being champions not extended family members for the players. If they are loyal, go ask them for a loan & see the response. They dont give a f**k about you. Dont believe me then ask for a favour

Thanks for that...I'll go and support Canterbury then.

fish eel

Immortal
If we re-sign Ben Smith and/or Delaney, given we already have Tahu, would Inu etc take that as a sign they are not wanted?

fish eel said:
If we re-sign Ben Smith and/or Delaney, given we already have Tahu, would Inu etc take that as a sign they are not wanted?

Not if Froggy is earmarked for the backrow. Inu and Hayne would fight out Burts wing spot.

stiffmeister

Bench
Reality bites hey. Thats why I work for myself, I trust myself only. If supporting the doggies tickles your fancy go for it. At the end of the day, we support a team because we want to not because we love the players. Go ask Hindy or anyone for $10, see the response. We are not their family & never will be. Once they leave, they dont give a damn of your welfare so if a player leaves, good ridance4

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:

Very good point Fishy. It just seems that Lyon is the only one that is going to cause the juniors to go elsewhere. :roll:

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Not if Froggy is earmarked for the backrow. Inu and Hayne would fight out Burts wing spot.

so how are they going to be turned off if Lyon comes back, as some others have said?

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:

It may also be the case that we sign Willie Mason for $400 k's and have to let someone go. That someone might also be an Inu.

It happens. It's business.

Suity

Latest posts