What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Jamie Lyon at Parramatta?

Do you want Jamie Lyon back in the Blue and Gold?

• Yes

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Depends on the circumstances of his return

Votes: 23 21.1%

• Total voters

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I think that's a bit harsh.
I don't think Stiff was being that literal.

Suity

he may not of been literal but appeared to have been disresptectful to those supporters who's opinions are different to his.

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
Stiff.

some of these mothers or girlfriends as you call them turn up week in week out to watch not only first grade but Premier league and jersey Flegg and have more than an inklink at what talent we have, question is, do you??..

I would also like to add that i am no mother or girlfriend, being male and all, i do not know any of the players, i know noone of any importance to the club, i just love the club and all the grades, HM and SG may be hard for me to see, however the Flegg, P/L and Firsts i see a fair bit and travel a fair bit too. I see what is coming and i get excited.

It doesn't make me any more or any less of a supporter than anyone who just goes to firsts, my point is pretty much the same as Eela's, i get excited to watch Ben Farrar who last year was good but his defence needed work and then this year he is such a better player and his defence is so much stronger, that is just one example.

Lyon is a star, no doubt about it, i just am excited about the future stars that are coming through and it will be disspointing to see them playing for other teams in the future......

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
No, I'd percieve it as a club trying to sign the best possible talent.

At what cost? I think the guy is a tremendous talent. I do question the mentality of a bloke who can walk out under the pretence that the city was all too much and he wanted to go home to the country. Months later he is moving to one of the biggest cities on the other side of the world. Rumours suggest he wasn't happy with Smith but he has always denied that to be the case.

Odds are strong IMO that when things don't go his way he might yearn for the "country" again.

yy_cheng

Coach
If we do sign Lyon, I'd reckon it would only be a 2 year contract or a 1 + a 1 year option.

In those 2 years, if he did a runner, the talented PL players will need to slot in. If he performs badly, straight to premmies as he will get no favours.

However, if he goes well, then the PL players will need to wait and if we lose one or two players, well, we lose one or two.

I really don't see us keeping Tahu after his contract runs out in 2(?) years time. The guy is a major talent but his price for his next contract might be a bit high. Furthermore, he would be chased by other clubs.

With that in mind, there is a wing spot and a centre spot that could be freed for the likes of Inu, Hayne or Davis, bear in mind injuries may occur.

If we do get Lyon, the person that may be out would probably be Delaney unless a backrow spot is opened for him.

For integrity well, that's a different story.......

Suitman

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Ask yourself this Suity...are you that much of a gambler if with your work you had a bloke down tools right at the beginning of an important job with all of the excuses under the sun, leg it for a few years and then accept him with open arms if and when he decides he wants to come back.

You would have to lay down some pretty solid groud rules if he did and even then you would not be confident that he wouldn't do a runner again.

Belly, you are a brilliant mind.
This happened to me after Christmas.

I had a sensational carpenter employed for a year last year, after my previous carpenter moved to the country. I was very lucky to find the second bloke and he was an extreme asset to my business.
After his supposed return date of Jan 16 this year, he didn't turn up and didn't ring. Still hasn't.
I'm not kidding, I must have left 20 phone messages in the interim, and have not heard a word.

1. Am I pissed off?
2. Have I survived without him.
3. Would I take him back?
4. Would I impose restrictions?

1. Absolutely. And I have text him telling him so.
2. Of course. It has made life harder, but life goes on.
3. In a flash. While ever he was under my emplyoyment, my life was easier and my business thrived.
4. How can I? He is his own man and will always do the best for himself. But while ever he was under my employment, he was loyal reliable and punctual.

I'm better off with him. I'd take him when I could.

Suity

_goParra

Juniors
We are talking about a guy who had the gall to go to a Manly game and have their jersey draped over him.

The guy may have talent.... but balls he has got NONE

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Odds are strong IMO that when things don't go his way he might yearn for the "country" again.

I know the kid isn't the smartest tool in the shed, he may well have been given some dodgy advice, however I can't see him doing it again..he couldn't be that stupid could he??

Stagger eel

Staff member
_goParra said:
We are talking about a guy who had the gall to go to a Manly game and have their jersey draped over him.

The guy may have talent.... but balls he has got NONE

no, I just don't think he's very smart...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Definitely yes. The bad picture that's been painted of him is inaccurate (IMO) as nobody knows the circumstances. For all you know, Brian Smith could have been completely at fault. To judge him with the lack of knowledge anyone but he has over the incident is unfair to say the least.

We need him alot more than he needs us.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
No, I'd percieve it as a club trying to sign the best possible talent. The whole win the comp at any costs to me, would come into it when we start to rort things like the salary cap.

Touche.

Seriously, all we might be trying to do is sign a class player, not a rapist. :roll:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Definitely yes. The bad picture that's been painted of him is unfair as nobody knows the circumstances. For all you know, Brian Smith could have been completely at fault. To judge him with the lack of knowledge anyone but he has over the incident is unfair to say the least.

:lol:
How'd I know Brian Smith would get a run in your post. :lol:

Could be true though. Who know's????

Suity

_goParra

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Definitely yes. The bad picture that's been painted of him is inaccurate (IMO) as nobody knows the circumstances. For all you know, Brian Smith could have been completely at fault. To judge him with the lack of knowledge anyone but he has over the incident is unfair to say the least.

If Brain Smith was the problem, why did he go to a Manly game and pose with their jersey. Also what proof do we have that BS was the reason... NONE

parra pete

Referee
God forgives, Parra Pete doesn't....Forget him.... He walked out on his mates, and put the Club up to ridicule. How can you forgive that????

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Suitman said:
How'd I know Brian Smith would get a run in your post.

I'm not Smith bashing.

I'm saying that people can sit here and hate Jamie for what happened and not one person even considers that Smithy might be at fault. It's all "f**k you Lyon you little sh*t" etc. which is pathetic because all he was doing is looking out for himself and I don't blame him.

And for the record, I don't hate Brian Smith, I respect him for what he's done for our club. I merely think he's been here too long.

yy_cheng

Coach
Belly, you are a brilliant mind.
This happened to me after Christmas.

I had a sensational carpenter employed for a year last year, after my previous carpenter moved to the country. I was very lucky to find the second bloke and he was an extreme asset to my business.
After his supposed return date of Jan 16 this year, he didn't turn up and didn't ring. Still hasn't.
I'm not kidding, I must have left 20 phone messages in the interim, and have not heard a word.

1. Am I pissed off?
2. Have I survived without him.
3. Would I take him back?
4. Would I impose restrictions?

1. Absolutely. And I have text him telling him so.
2. Of course. It has made life harder, but life goes on.
3. In a flash. While ever he was under my emplyoyment, my life was easier and my business thrived.
4. How can I? He is his own man and will always do the best for himself. But while ever he was under my employment, he was loyal reliable and punctual.

I'm better off with him. I'd take him when I could.

Suity, wasn't there a carpenter in your PL team you could've promoted?

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:

your right, we don't know what happened...however we do know that he praised Smithy in the press and even said late last year that he would come back under his guidance..

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Months later he is moving to one of the biggest cities on the other side of the world. Odds are strong IMO that when things don't go his way he might yearn for the "country" again.

St Helen's not even as big as Wollongong.

And who's odd's are they Colonel??? Oh that's right, yours.

Suity

_goParra

Juniors
IF winning premierships is all that matters then we might as well as go the canterbury way.

What about Integrity & Principles??

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
your right, we don't know what happened...however we do know that he praised Smithy in the press and even said late last year that he would come back under his guidance..

and as I've previously said, a lot of people have said things like 'we've heard all these excuses from Lyon' etc...but have we really heard any 'excuse' from him?

junior009

Juniors
For those of you saying it's unfair to the PL players that have been loyal. Would you have felt the same way if we had signed Andrew Johns say 6 or 7 years ago when we had players like Ben Kusto around. If we had it wouldn't have been fair to him. Not the same situation I know, but similar.

It also wasn't fair to the same players you're talking about when we signed Tahu and they went further back in the pecking order. Again, I know it's a different situation but at the end of the day if the club is trying to sign the best talent they possibly can what's wrong with that?

Latest posts