What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do YOU want Tiny Tim at Saints?

Do you want Moltzen at Saints?

• Total voters

thommo4pm

Coach
Moltzen doesn't deserve to wear our famous jersey, simple as that.

He has dragged our club through the mud the last few weeks, he should stay with the scum he is with now. Definitely not worth all the fuss that has been around about him in the media the last few weeks.

The Nick

Bench
Nope, he can stay at his joke of a club.

We've already taken the best thing WT had to offer: Steve Folkes.

nontime111

Juniors
GO CARNEY!!!

YES ALL THE WAY!!
Genius!!!

...... he didnt do anything any of you havent done!

Who doesnt have a drink every know and then huh?

Hes no criminal, just a bit lost, I think Saints and Todd Carney are a match made in leauge heaven, A place with GREAT PEOPLE, of GREAT HEART and understanding who will inspire and encourage young Todd to really fulfill his damn amazing potential!!

SIGN CARNEY NOW STOP THE BS!!!

Hes a superstar just needs some strong disciplined and sober people around him and watch the other teams shudder!:crazy:

j0nesy

Bench
Actually I would take Carney over Moltzen any day. Staight swap as fullback for mine. Cant see it happening though. Hes just not the sort of player the Dragons would sign.

Minh

First Grade
Todd Carney is way better than Moltzen in ability he just always let's people down, he can't help himself, the leopard never changes it's spots. Like someone mentioned earlier a proud club like ours would be unlikely to sign him.

RedVDave

First Grade
I was always going to have a hard time cheering for Moltzen anyways so thanks for making my decision easier!

Geez it must feel good that the only reason you are wanted by the WT's is because they are punting Lui and you are merely see you as a band-aid solution.

cliffordg

Juniors
Carney on the left side to Cooper, Creigh and Morris.
Soward on the right side to C Stanley, Scott and Nighty.
Soward or Carney to K Stanley up the middle.
K Stanley as extra man on left or right attack.
3 kickers, Soward, Carney and K Stanley.

New dynamic in attack will worry any team in the comp.

true..
but saints wouldnt sign carney.
agree he is a better talent then moltzen tho

ghostface

Juniors
WOW... I just read Tim's comments to the smh what a douche bag. This "bloke" is carrying on like a spoilt toddler. Maybe we can sweeten his contract offer, we can offer him a new baby cot, dummy, bottle, rattle and play pen. f**king baby.

If he did come to the Dragons he might actually become a man.

Father Ted

First Grade
GO CARNEY!!!

YES ALL THE WAY!!
Genius!!!

...... he didnt do anything any of you havent done!

Who doesnt have a drink every know and then huh?

Hes no criminal, just a bit lost,
SIGN CARNEY NOW STOP THE BS!!!

QUOTE]

I've never pissed on a mate nor have I ever damaged someones car while in a drunken stupor so there must be a lot of lowlife's in my community I don't know about.
But forgetting all that it would be the wrong thing for Carney. At some point he has to be weaned from his self destructive life. We the NRL clubs and footy fans keep condoning and reinforcing his behaviour by giving him unlimited second chance's so he doesn't change. Why because there's no compelling reason to change .
I think the question is do we want instant success ( which is not certain )over what is right? And do we accept the damage he may bring to the club,it's culture and public image which may lose us major sponsor dollars?
NO to CARNEY.
Save the money give the players we have a chance and save up and buy a quality half.5/8th for the following season .

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
That's a NO to Carney from me.
If he wants to self destruct on his own terms, then good luck to him.
The problem is he takes the club and a handful of other people along for the ride with him.

Given Saints have a core group of players who basically DID NOT drink until after the WCC was won, Carney - who likes to hit the piss in celebration of the game being over - would not fit the aesthetic.

TheRev

Coach
The problem is that its October already, and its far too late to sign up quality players for 2012, this is why its so annoying that the Tigers have left this BS so late.

Id take Carney for 2012, maybe on a 1 or 2 yr contract, if he messes up, no skin off our noses, right now if we miss out on Moltzen & Carney, we will be wasting 300k+ of our salary cap.

18to87

Coach
Can't believe I am saying it but I wouldn't mind Carney either. Dragons are lacking depth without Moltzen and Carney could be worth the risk. Maybe there is a reason it looked like he was going to sign somewhere and hasn't ... He would be at least worth having a chat to.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Why roll over? Thats exactly what the tigers want. They want us to say "well if tim doesn't want to play for us then we don't want him". Soft option. The bloke should play for us next year.

End of story.

bottle

Coach
The problem is that its October already, and its far too late to sign up quality players for 2012, this is why its so annoying that the Tigers have left this BS so late.

Id take Carney for 2012, maybe on a 1 or 2 yr contract, if he messes up, no skin off our noses, right now if we miss out on Moltzen & Carney, we will be wasting 300k+ of our salary cap.

Players become available all the time at various times of the season for a host of reasons. Soward was a mid season signing wasn't he?

Cut our losses now and let him go, not wanted. Save the cap space for an opportunity that presents itself, or, sign a lesser player or two for depth, or shore up some youth for the future. I'd prefer to provide an opportunity to a Joel Reddy, Joel Moon or Tagatese type player who lose the love of their club mid season. Take the risk and keep our eyes peeled for a mid season option.

As for Carney, big no. He's 26, not a kid anymore. He's a lost cause. In all that time he's had one good season. One. Our club has a good rep at the moment, no off field shit to deal with. Guaranteed that would change with Carney on board. The media love to hate on us anyway, can you imagine what it would be like with everyman, his dog and his taxi driver following Turd Gooney around with a camera? Nothing but crap headlines all year. No thanks.

possm

Coach
Moltzen out Carney in and Cooper as Captain

Hornby now good utility value off the bench. Last year he was too slow and made too many defencive mistakes. Would be better in shorter stints on the field. Past being a good fullback or half for 80 min.

Carney is ripe for the picking. Will come cheaper than he is worth and could be paired with one of our senior players or coaches in order to keep him in line. He will surely choose to play for the Dragons ahead of the Sharks.

Cooper to captain, he has earned it.

New spark will come from Carney, K Stanley at fullback, King and De Belin in the forwards.

Miller should add competition and toughness to the forward pack off the bench in the early part of the season.

1. K Stanley
2. Morris
3. Cooper (c)
4. C Stanley / Vidot
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Carney
8. Weyman
9. King / Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creigh
12. Scott
13. Young
14. Hunt
15. Miller
16. De Belin
17. Hornby / Prior

Mr Red

First Grade
its not secret that Bennett wanted to sign Carney before he signed with the roosters, the only sticking point was financials..
if Bennett wasnt concerned about bringing a repeat offender to the club, then why should we?
the culture at the roosters was already a disgrace before Carney signed,he had no hope of reforming in that culture, perhaps carney may have a better chance at our club where the culture and professionalism is 10 times greater then the roosters??

Latest posts