What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do your kids play footy?

Fatdog

Juniors
My nine year step son lives for saturday mornings. He just loves to play Rugby League. i haven't missed watching any of his games for over 3 years. I love watching him play because of how happy it makes him. And the best thing is he wouldn't have a clue what's happening with sonny bill, or how greg bird got arrested in QLD. he knows nothing about what happened in Coffs Harbour or how much Gaz is getting to play in france. he doesn't care and neither do I. If he loves playing football I'm not going to stop him. If any parent thinks that playing rugby league turns your kid into a drunk/rapist/drink-driver/woman basher they are sadly mistaken. If kids have the right values taught to them early and drummed into them as they grow up it wont matter what sport they play.
I've played rugby league for nearly twenty years and it has taught me a lot about teamwork, hard work, discipline and how to have a good time. And I can see my stepson already acquiring some of those good attributes.

Long Live Rugby League!!!!

dannyboy

Juniors
My son plays RL and AFL for his school. He played RL for 5 years on the weekends but got bored because his team was too forwards dominated (he is a fast back who rarely saw the ball...incidently they also won few games while the ball hung around the forwards making it even more frustrating). He's trying AFL this year and while he's enjoying it, if his best mate stopped so would he...he has no real love for AFL, just the outdoors/running/exercise/mateship of a team sport. He has been talking about going back to league next year but only if he's more likely to get more involvement - maybe a change of clubs will be in order. My wife & I will support him in whatever sport he chooses...so long as he does something.

dannyboy

Juniors
i'd rather my daughter take-up ballet tbh.

You must be rich - my daughter did dance for a year and it cost us a fortune with the shoes (tap, jazz and ballet), outfits, concerts. Our bank balance was glad when she decided she didn't want to keep on doing it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So what do you attribute his good charcteristics to ? Partly to the good sporting Rugby Leaue influence I presume ?
His mates. Good Brissy boys who love league, hate AFL (it's for androtops to quote him) soccer is for girls and stratch thier heads at kickby wondering why they don't run

As a group they decided smashing others legally could be fun.

It was for years.

Then they all found alcohol and trianing became hard.