What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documentary

Tomahawk

Staff member
I am very surprised that this has not been brought up in the forum yet. This season 3 students from New York University followed around the Glen Mills Bulls, and did a documentary on the team and the school. They were a great bunch of guys who followed us everywhere we went. They filmed are practice, pre-game, game, and after match party’s. They also game to team picnics and outings all season long. Here is a little about each of the crew.

Andrew Jenks (director/producer) is currently a Tisch University Scholar at New York University. Recently, he founded the Hendrick Hudson Film Festival, a New York state film festival showcasing the talents of high school filmmakers. Andrew has worked for the BBC, RDF Media, CNN, and the Peers Influence Peers Partnership. He enjoys traveling and has lived in Katmandu, Nepal and Brussels, Belgium. Andrew currently resides in New York City.

Jonah Quickmire Pettigrew (director of photography) is an undergraduate student at New York University’s Kanbar Institute of Film and Television. Jonah is the founder and director of “Kids Making Movies,” a summer film camp for 8-12 year old kids in his hometown of New Haven, CT.

William Godel (assistant director) is currently attending New York University seeking a major in philosophy. Will has helped under privileged children make animated films as an instructor of “Animation: Minds in Motion,” a community service project established in his hometown of Westchester, New York.

Andrew did a documentary that was sold to HBO, and should be played sometime soon called, “Andrew Jenks, Room 335”. You can go to their website at, http://www.andrewjenksroom335.com/frameset.php?frame=crew.html to see a sample of the movie. Take a minute and watch it, you will enjoy it.

As for the Bulls documentary, the Wildcats and Bulls players got to see a 5-minute clip that has been edited. It seemed like everyone enjoyed it, and cannot wait for it to come out. Hopefully it will get sold to HBO or ESPN. And we will get to see it on TV.

BatiFan

Juniors
Brilliant news T-Hawk. I for one cant wait to see it even if it doesnt get sold to one of the networks.

Tomahawk

Staff member
I hope it gets sold to someone and then you will be able to see it on that network. Then you would not have to buy a DVD.

roopy

Referee
This will be a great tool for recruiting new players and new teams I think.

It looks good.

Tomahawk

Staff member
1.22 is Tomahawk helping out the MantaRay's, thats me getting tackled.

1.55 is Tomahawk number 20 waitting to get in during the New Jersey Sharks/Bulls match.

Collateral

Coach
Looks good. I would of loved to of gone over to America and played league in college.

Hopefully this is picked up by espn or someone and distributed well. Could be the start of big things.

Tomahawk

Staff member
goeagles said:
There are no college league teams. Clubs on the East Coast, though.

He could have went to college on the east coast, and still played in the AMNRL during the summer.

russ13

First Grade
Looks as though Yale had RL team before RL was invented:

1efc.jpg