What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone actually play footy

do you play actually play rugby league

• yes

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • no

Votes: 36 47.4%

• Total voters

OVP

Coach
I played for Bondi United in the under 7's and 8's then went to a private school where they forced you to play Yawnion. Did ok i guess, but when i was in year 10 i played for Bondi United when it didnt conflict with my yawnion duties. Needless to say i was sprung, and they threatened to expel me. Looking back on it now, its probably the reason why i hate Yawnion so much ... other than the extreme boredom of actually watching constant kicking and big ugly fat blokes wrestling in the mud while going nowhere :lol:

I still have my under 7's Bondi United jersey too ... its smaller than my sock :lol:

***MH***

Bench
gregstar said:
lying turd!

i'll wager you were the fat bastard with the laminated note excusing you from any sport throughout school.

admit it moffeyetan! ;-)

Moffo's profile picture.....
a249_003.jpg

ozzie

Bench
Fibroman said:
In one season played/relieved in the following positions:

Hooker, 2nd row, centre, wing, fullback. Never had great hands, but at 5'9' and 86kg was running 100m in a shade over 11 secs. Clocked 11.2 in a formal track meet. Keep dreaming Ozzie.

you don't become a legend for dropping the ball - I know why you did because your 130C headsize whoops biscepts kept on getting in the way.

I am taller than you and weighed in at 95 kilo's thats why I also played rep football for ACT as lock. I wasn't actually slow either. Oh I also made the possibles and probables (final selections) for the NSW school boys a long time ago.

Made my first grade debut for Harden at 16

nqboy

First Grade
Started as a half or 5/8. Kept moving forward as I aged, playing lock, hooker and finishing in the second row. Good ball skills, kicking and vision. Not tough or mean enough.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ozzie said:
you don't become a legend for dropping the ball - I know why you did because your 130C headsize whoops biscepts kept on getting in the way.

I am taller than you and weighed in at 95 kilo's thats why I also played rep football for ACT as lock. I wasn't actually slow either. Oh I also made the possibles and probables (final selections) for the NSW school boys a long time ago.

ohh great
a pissing contest between two never were's

Fibroman

First Grade
ozzie said:

Got you again.....hook line and sinker. You probably have to have 6 beers to get the courage to reply to me on the computer.

Locks were normally blokes that were too small to play front or second row, and too slow to play in the backs.

Ps. Rep footy in the ACT is like 'A reserves' out in Fibroland.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Used to. 2nd Row and some hooker. Filled in out in the centres once or twice.

I miss the fitness but drinking with my mates seemed like a better choice at the time.

auckwarriors

Juniors
Played 10 seasons as a Prop before I grew up, thinned out and built up a tad. I then moved into the 2nd Row then to Lock where I represented Central Coast. I stopped growing, everyone else continued, at which point I was forced to reinvent myself as a 5/8 and filled in at Halfback and Centre before finally settling as a Hooker. Been pretty average since moving to the backs.

ozzie

Bench
Fibroman said:
Got you again.....hook line and sinker. You probably have to have 6 beers to get the courage to reply to me on the computer.

Locks were normally blokes that were too small to play front or second row, and too slow to play in the backs.

Ps. Rep footy in the ACT is like 'A reserves' out in Fibroland.
naah you didn't get me - I just enjoy our tussles...lol and I don't drink. I would be disappointed if you didn't answer my post it only took you two days

Fibroman

First Grade
ozzie said:
naah you didn't get me - I just enjoy our tussles...lol and I don't drink. I would be disappointed if you didn't answer my post it only took you two days

I always enjoy matching wits with roosters supporters. It's a bit like my HSC exam when I had cheat notes written up both arms, legs and on the outside and inside of my pencil case. I had an unfair advantage. Still got it.

I don't mind admitting, if I faced off against you on the field, I would have resorted to good old fashioned niggle, cheap shots, scrotum grabs, crow pecks, and probably would have turned around and given you 'the bird' on my walk back to the tunnel after getting sent off.

Latest posts