What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know how Tahu broke his hand?

Miss_Eels

Juniors
I don't think so. He showed no discomfort after he did that. Infact he showed no discomfort at all during the whole 80 minutes, even during the interviews afterwards, he seemed fine to me. Maybe in training?

Glen

Bench
If he did it on the slam dunk he probably wouldn't admit it to anyone, how embarrassing

forward pass

Coach
Last night on Sports tonight - they showed the slam dunk again, and his right hand did hit the crossbar hard - plus the cross bar is rectangular which could do some damage.
Watch it again from front on.

I get the feeling that is how he did it. Especially as it was kept pretty quiet at first. I hope I am wrong as he looks like he will miss first semi.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Johnny_Eels said:
Oh god please make sure Tahu gets better quick how good has be been in the last few weeks.

very good, extremely good, but if we're good enough to win the comp we should rise above it and perform without him amd with that Zip Zip's jumper will be ready for him come play off time.

Hellsy

Immortal
He could have done it at anytime.... if it was only a small break he may not have realised it was a problem until after the game.
I remember a teacher in high school that had a broken bone in his wrist for 2 weeks until he worked out something was wrong.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it was reported today that he'll have a plate inserted tomorrow, so it's definetly 4 weeks no sooner unfortunatly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it was during a tackle.

That's the most likely outcome.

He's been doing the slamdunk for years - I would have expected him to know how to do it properly by now.

Also, the bar is not stiff - it's malleable.

Thus, from all the force he put into the dunk, only a fraction amde it back to his hand - the rest was dispersed as a wobble.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
it was reported today that he'll have a plate inserted tomorrow, so it's definetly 4 weeks no sooner unfortunatly.

A plate!
I thought it was only a small break??