What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Australia not want the Warriors in the comptetition

The Australian media covers what they believe interests their viewers, readers, and listeners most.

I get this feedback from all my English mates - and I have plenty. Especially at Olympics time..

Anyway I'm all for the Warriors. And when I've been in Auckland / NZ they do get a lot of coverage and have lots of fans. And I'm never bored with a Warriors game.

1000% Warriors are good for the NRL.

I’d be interested to know how much coverage Australian teams get in NZ media?

On the NZ herald Sport webpage there are 6 rugby league stories
- 4 warriors stories
- 1 warriors women’s story
- 1 recap of last nights game

No preview of sharks roosters
No preview Broncos dragons
No Lance Thompson story
No Bulldogs drama story
No Tigers drama story

Do New Zealand even want the Warriors in the NRL?

Last question first. NZ have a lot of support for the Warriors. I have family in Auckland and they get a lot of press although the All-blacks quite rightly dominate everything... But other Warriors supporters on the forum best commenting here.

Indeed they dont have lots of coverage of local club news you have mentioned above, but it's reciprocated on our side.

Saint Doc

Coach
Last question first. NZ have a lot of support for the Warriors. I have family in Auckland and they get a lot of press although the All-blacks quite rightly dominate everything... But other Warriors supporters on the forum best commenting here.

Indeed they dont have lots of coverage of local club news you have mentioned above, but it's reciprocated on our side.
I think you missed the point of my post

I think you missed the point of my post

Well I've re-read your post here..

Re Q - Do NZ really want the warriors in the NRL... Resounding yes. They do (but that's my observation).

Re How much to Oz teams get coverage in the NZ media, pretty sure I've addressed that above.

Is there a point I have missed here?

The real question here is why is Darius Boyd, an absolute shit player and one of the worst captains in the history of the sport front and centre of that promotion?

Meth

Staff member
I haven't engaged with this thread thus far. I get that there's been a couple of incidents this year-

The "lower profile" demotion of Sutton to a Warriors game
The exclusion of a Warriors player for the DT (?) promotion

Meh

I also get that the Warriors are relatively popular with a lot of Aussies and are generally seen as being good for the game.

I also like that we fly under the radar a bit. It works to our advantage more than it disadvantages us (not that we've been able to capitalise on it).

I laughed when I read the OP's post because it is delusional. If you took his logic as gospel then you could make the following conclusions -

- Melbourne hates nearly all rugby league clubs as some of their written media never have articles about any NRL games nor State of Origin;
- Qld hate all non-Qld based NRL teams as their local media never have article about non-Qld base teams;
- Perth must hate rugby league as you can never find any article about rugby league in their newspapers.

FMD, talk about being overly precious :rolleyes:

carcharias

Immortal
Old mate doing the high five looks like he has smashed half a dozen Epic Hop Zombies.

Mate
I’ve been looking for epic for years here in Australia
Never seen it .
I’ve heard great things.

Ftr
I watched big angry fush this morning and they didn’t mention the warroirs once .
They said snapper a lot though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nrl earns $20mill a year and pays out $13mill a year on the warriors. I think they’re keen to keep them