What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Brian Smith deserve The Chop?

Should Smith Go?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Only if we don't make the finals

• Total voters

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Leasa said:
Hey Misty Bee I think you should go and support another team we dont need these negative pessimistic supporters!!!
and a lot of players rise to the occasion and play better when they have someone else out there to lead the way, the whole team has improved dramatically with the return of Nathan Hindmarsh and now Cayless!!!
Leasa - Its not being negative or pessimistic to want better things for Parra. Surely you are not happy with our current situation. Parra have only won 3 times this season against teams in the top 8. I think it is being positive to want better results for our team.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Leasa said:
Hey Misty Bee I think you should go and support another team we dont need these negative pessimistic supporters!!!
and a lot of players rise to the occasion and play better when they have someone else out there to lead the way, the whole team has improved dramatically with the return of Nathan Hindmarsh and now Cayless!!!

Of course Lisa, we only need supporters, like YOU, who are happy to miss out on the semis, despite having 11 rep players in the side. Far better than winning, isn't it! I think you are perect to be a Norths supporter. ;-)

2 players shouldn't mean a team crumbles. And no, the Knights have won 2 from 3 without Johns - all against semi final aspirants.

Clarkieel

Juniors
Oh dont get me wrong I am as dissapointed as anyone in the current situation the team is in but I think we need to take some positives ie how improved the team has been starting to play and stop focusing on the negatives cause face it no matter how much people complain about it Brian Smith is not going anywhere and we just have to get over it.
Lets all keep our fingers crossed that things go our way this weekend!!! (I know it would be a miracle!!)

Good to see Misty and Maroubra teaming up again to talk crap as usual. Makes me feel like I'm back on the old Eels forum, lol

And, no offense Leasa, but we do not need more supporters like the true-hearted Leasa, we need more like ME! Undeniably handsome and debonaire, highly intelligent, irresistably charismatic and in possession of both cutting edge witt and studly moustahces. But that's just stating the obvious, isn't it?

spunk died in the 70s

the only thing that has survived from the 70s are moustaches, which is why I dominate the entire world because of my super-cool pool cleaner's moustache.

Don't deny it, I am a sex bomb!

yeah i used to love the old forum

was talking to someone from the office today about the forum, and they were talking about how they dont like it because they cant get to read everyone's opinions now on a regular basis (yes they DO read it) and I just said "I miss arguing with people and telling them all how good I am" lol

Misty Bee

First Grade
We need more supporters like Leesa, and less like HJ. God knows, with supporters like HJ, the club could employ Craig Coleman and lose 50 straight and he'd be wrapt!

bartman

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
Undeniably handsome and debonaire, highly intelligent, irresistably charismatic and in possession of both cutting edge witt and...

HJ, does that mean you OWN Michael, Steve, or a younger Witt brother better than both of them? ;-)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Well I wonder how many people would still like to keep Brian Smith employed after today!

Parraren

Bench
Yeah look, it's been a very dissapointing year and there is no question alot of the blame will and should fall onto the head of Brian Smith. Having said that, I do believe the fact that the game has changed so much since our record year in 2001 and our horror run of injuries this year (and last year as well) has had a major effect on our success. I think Brian is a great tactical coach but what I'm most concerned about is his ability to get players up (mentally) for the big games. Time and time again we failed this year in the big games against the top 8 sides. The worst loss of which was against the Storm a few weeks back which effectively ended our season. Brian's had a chance to assess our weaknesses and I think he's recruited the players he's wanted and the players he thinks will help turn things around for us. I'm willing to give him another season to do that. If things don't improve next year then I wouldn't be surprised to see him step aside himself.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Parraren said:
Yeah look, it's been a very dissapointing year and there is no question alot of the blame will and should fall onto the head of Brian Smith. Having said that, I do believe the fact that the game has changed so much since our record year in 2001 and our horror run of injuries this year (and last year as well) has had a major effect on our success.

We can't blame game changes as it wasn't like they changed the rules to stuff Parra. Other sides have coped wih them and adjused easily.

country eel

Juniors
SMITH "LEGEND".
smith.jpg

Misty Bee

First Grade
How the f**k can you call Smith a legend when he cant make a side with 11 rep players come higher than 9th?

For 2 years running Daniel Anderson has done far better than Smith with less. Care to explain that?