What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Canberra's importing of four Poms give them unfair advantage?

Back on topic . . . .
Supreme executive power comes from a mandate from the masses, not from some watery tart.

You didn't get that quite right, the quote actually is -

"Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
"Be quiet!"
"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

The Rosco

Bench
You didn't get that quite right, the quote actually is -

"Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
"Be quiet!"
"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
Ahhh yeah, it's all coming back. As age wears us down, it comes back in snippets.
"Moistened bing?"
Lobbed a scimitar.
"Order, ay ? who does he think he is ?
I'm 37.
Now we see the violence inherent in the system.
"I'm being oppressed"
Bloody peasant.

Saxon

Bench
Ahhh yeah, it's all coming back. As age wears us down, it comes back in snippets.
"Moistened bing?"
Lobbed a scimitar.
"Order, ay ? who does he think he is ?
I'm 37.
Now we see the violence inherent in the system.
"I'm being oppressed"
Bloody peasant.
It's 'moistened bint', but close enough.

no name

Coach
From what I’ve seen on these tests v NZ, Bateman sucks.
Gave a good offload in the first test, every other time I’ve noticed him, he has dropped the ball or got beaten in defence.

Pedge1971

First Grade
There are only a few clubs which have the luxury of adding quality Poms to their squad for 2019.

The Sydney Roosters are adding international winger Ryan Hall from Leeds.

St. George-Illawarra already has two in internationals in prop James Graham and five eighth Gareth Widdop.

South Sydney already has the three international Pom forwards in the form of the Burgess brothers.

Now Canberra, which already has international Poms in hooker Josh Hodgson and second rower Elliot Whitehead, has added two more in the form of international second rower John Bateman and rookie prop Ryan Sutton. That makes four Poms in one team. All of them are forwards.

The Poms are very rugged players and the forwards don't take a step backwards in defence. Does four Poms in one team not amount to unfair advantage?

Stick is the unfair advantage. Cloae thread...

Lambretta

First Grade
Didn't you watch the England-New Zealand Test last night? The winning team was stuffed full of Super League players. You are a goose.

Finding 17 quality players has never been a problem for England or before that, Great Britain
Finding 2 quality halves was a bit of an issue, but they muddled through

The problem for England was always finding quality back ups in case they had injuries

Australia could field 3 or 4 sides using completely different players that could match England's best team
England couldn't field a second team that could come close to matching any of these

I love the Super League and watch it religiously. When in the UK I will go to games.

But even I have to admit that below the top few sides in the Super League, the quality of the rest is a massive drop from the NRL.