What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Parramatta have an effective set of forwards for the modern game?

Are Parramatta's forwards effective enough for the modern game?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I don't know - maybe with some fine-tuning we could be better

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was thinking - our forwards have struggles since the rules changed slightly in 2002. And we never seemed to completely adapt. We did last year, but we're struggling again this year. And even last year, we lost matches we should have won - usually on the back of poo go-forward.

So, I pose this question:

Are Parramatta's set of forwards effective enough for the modern game?

The_Coach

Juniors
I don't think we have enough aggression and speed. Moi Moi and Taia are the mold of what modern day forwards need to be. Cayless and Stringer are not.

Tsoulos and Cordoba are still fine prospects, but they need to hit the ball with more pace.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon a starting team of Tsoulos and Cordoba would work well, with Cayless and Moi Moi off the bench.

jayman

Juniors
see what i dont understand is.. u cant say.. the game has evolved that much since last season.. not at all really..

last yr... we had the same squad of forwards..who were playing great footy..

its hard to say.. yeah they were awesome last yr.. crap this yr.. coz the game hasnt changed that much...

they have it in them.. they just need to pull there fingers out and fire up...

just read a few articles slaying the parra forwards in the news.. they have got to react to this.. cayless has to make a stand

Eelementary

Post Whore
I understand what you mean and it's a really good point.

That was half of my concern - that last year we did so well with the same pack.

But then the question arose: WHAT IF we over-achieved in 2005?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, bloody babies! lol

Someone mentioned it could be a fitness thing...I think they may just be right.

jayman

Juniors
mmm maybe a game or 2.. but most of the season we were firing... everything was clicking.. forwards working well.. back line firing.. halves dominatiing...

thats no fluke or over achievement.. thats hardwork, practice and dedication by everyone involved.. including the coach....

my belief is that they have that ablity in them.. like they showed last yr.. and they just need to find that belief again.. if ure out of form.. u just need to work harder.. the whole team is misfiring at the moment.. they will come good.. just a matter of time..

jayman

Juniors
one of the articles just called stringer fat in more words or so...

he does look to have put on weight.. alot of them have.. even hindy to a degree... fitness seems to be lacking

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's similar to the team of forwards I'm coaching at the moment.

Last season, when I played, we were aggressive, fit and ruthless. This year, however, the players are unfit, and their aggression suffers as a result.

Perhaps it's the same at Parramatta...

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's a fitness isssue

maybe it's due to the babies :lol: but the players have all put on a few kilos of fat in the offseason as happens to every player every year but they simply haven't gotten fit yet.

In the cases of the likes of Hindy and Riddell I can understand it as injury and surgery disrupted their pre-season training and trial matches.

As soon as the forwards loose their excess baggage they will get better.

jayman

Juniors
yeah definitly...dont parra have some crazy fitness coachs.. that help danny green and co... surely there gonna pump our forwards now after the pasting they been coping

PB

Bench
On this fitness issue. I remember seeing a big article during the offseason where we had this machine (looked like a tredmill with resistance from behind)where they analysed Hindy and fed all his stats in it, then all the other players bascally had to go at the same pace as him. It was supposed to produce Hindmarsh clones (in terms of fitness), but the opposite seems to have occured?

Pazza

First Grade
I think we had a very poor offseason. Seem like alot of players were recovering from injuries.

Pazza

First Grade
Plus why is Hindmarsh playing on the right side of the field? He has been so successful on the left and all the ball goes that way. It just baffels me. Plus Morrison was highly successful on the right side of the field. Brian does everything in his power to confuse our football team.

Also, Tahu is a LEFT SIDE centre. Best game i've seen him play in a while.

Dymock

Juniors
Hmm if we did have a machine that was meant to clone Hindy, someone seems to have stuffed up and put the settings on Corey Pearson ....

Utey

Coach
No leg drive, trying to play the ball fast. Thats all I can think of. Brian its not always about fast play-the-balls.

Latest posts