What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Sticky really deserve to be NSW SOO Coach?

DJ1

Juniors
Does he really deserve to be the NSW SOO Coach?

Has he really earned his stripes in building a team as opposed to inheriting one?

Does he have the experience to coach a win in the really big matches?

Was his appointment as SOO coach a Politis I mean political one?

Only time will tell. Im guessing a reocrd 7 Roosters will make it next year

Minichello
Roberts
Monoghan
Finch
Cross
Wing
Fitzgibbon

and maybe Tupou. And maybe Fittler if they are 1 nil down lol

add to that Crocker and Flannery for the Maroons thats about 9 in Origin

McLovin

Staff member
As much as some of you guys hate him, you cant deny that he has the talent, discipline, respect of his players and the coaching hardness required to coach a SOO team...

Munky

Coach
Wasn't Murray next inline to be coach, but Gould hated him so much he put his name in for the job (back in '01)?

SOULS 04

Juniors
i think he's a good coach and prolly will do the job well when he's there

i don't think he should be the coach... or any NRL coach for that matter

i reckon its a conflict of interests... and also is a lure to get young talent to sign for you club knowing that theyu have the origin coach.

Azkatro

First Grade
Should be Murray. One of the biggest problems NSW has always had in Origin is players playing for themselves. He would get them playing for each other and as a Queensland supporter I would be very worried if they made a habit of doing that.

Corbin

Juniors
yeh i think he does deserve it one of the best coachs going around he is great with disipline and great with his teams fitness... Roosters have been the fittest team since he came into action...
by the way was does SOO mean?

Raider_69

Post Whore
the combination at coaching ranks of Stuart and Daley will lead the blues to a white wash, Stuart wont incorperate all his rooster buddies, i still think the bloke is not that type, he will pick those in best form... i hope he dosnt prove me wrong

Corbin

Juniors
yeh i agree, Stuart is a fair man... look wat he did to Hegarty and hodges... sent them down to Premier league... i think he is a fair guy and will! choose the right guys for the job... not like wat Wayne Bennett has done and got 6 broncos (i thought he would be a better bloke than that)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
DJ1 said:
Does he really deserve to be the NSW SOO Coach?

Yes as he has been the most consistant coach for the past few years

DJ1 said:
Has he really earned his stripes in building a team as opposed to inheriting one?

SOO you don't need to build a team your given a team of the best players who can play for that state, and sure he didn't build the Roosters side but he has played a part in the junior retention within the club and he did have a good coaching record at the Bulldogs before he went to the Roosters

DJ1 said:
Does he have the experience to coach a win in the really big matches?

Given he has put his side into the GF for the last few years its clear he can win big matches, there really isn't alot the coach can do come GF day as he has done everything he can to get the players up for that day, it was the players who stuffed up on the weekend not Stuart

DJ1 said:
Was his appointment as SOO coach a Politis I mean political one?

I don't think so, I mean it would of been out of him and Folkes for the job and Folkes said no thanks so for mind it was really a 1 horse race.

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
the combination at coaching ranks of Stuart and Daley will lead the blues to a white wash, Stuart wont incorperate all his rooster buddies, i still think the bloke is not that type, he will pick those in best form... i hope he dosnt prove me wrong

2005 SOO will be Stg/Easts vs Brisb/NQ

Nugby

Juniors
Yeah, as much as it'll pain me when the roosters get so many players into S.O.O, Sticky'll go okay, this far out I'm not too bothered by him being coach.

Latest posts