What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dog & Parrot

chileman

Coach
Is this going to be the new watering hole of the Gold Coast fans....been there a couple of times and it's a great family pub....you can sit outside with the kids and still enjoy a beer or 3! Where in Robina will the stadium be.....close to the train station???

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If the new stadium is built at Robina, and its seems as though it will be, surely a RL club will be on the drawings board as well.

DIEHARD

----
The land being looked at by the Council is right beside the train station. The train station will also be upgraded.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Either way,if in carrarra or robina there is good public transport.. Both have train stations. What block of land are they talking about in Robina, close to all the housing at the town centre??

Moffo

Referee
why only 25k? They should build a 30-35k stadium. The area has such-high growth prospects in the nxt 10-20yrs and the local govt should realise that and lobby hard

t-ba

Post Whore
Hindyscrack said:
I dare say a leagues club would be in the pipeline.

I hope so. I'm sick and tired about hearing of Southports 'massive' support in the QAFL, maybe a GCRL leagues club will cut into thier membership base...When will these Southern geniuss realize The Sharks 60,000 members are more interested in pokies, $5 steaks and Keno than they are in the sh*t flogball side!!!!

DIEHARD

----
I really hope they build a new stadium at Robina.

Carrara is a dump. :lol:

I am glad the NRL held off green lighting expansion for another year, otherwise the Gold Coast may have just used Carrara and patched it up.

Now we will have a new rectangular stadium and the fantastic atmosphere from last night will just be multiplied by one hundred, especially if they are cheering for their own team.