What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs and Dragons: Time to step up to the mark.

ouwet

Bench
innsaneink said:
Not a dig, more an observation.

When your teams losing, you shut up.

Other fan bases continue to cheer, sing and chant...I remember V Roosters at Aussie last year bout rd.3, we had a try scored against us, lost the lead yet we continued to chant and cheer as our boys waited in the ingoal for the kick....the satisfaction when they come from behind to win was enormous.

As the chant goes...
music-notes.gif
"you only sing when your winning..."
music-notes.gif

Its true.

Think I'll watch on TV

Your a typical Rugby League supporter... "Think I'll watch on TV":roll:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nook said:
By God you're a tool, Dodge.

Why? Because I want bigger crowds at our games? God forbid any of us wanting to advance our game. Grow up and stop using every post as an opportunity to have a dig, and f**k off. Simple as that.

phonetic

Juniors
I disagree Insaneink.

There are those amongst the army who would prefer to lambast Trent Barrett, or Nathan Brown, or sing some old songs about how they got Farrar sacked as soon as things go against us, but there's plenty who really dig in and support when things get tough.

On Friday night Greenshields got barrelled over the dead ball line when were under the pump at 0-0, forcing a drop out at our end. The boys were walking back to position and looked up to see the army in fine voice, you could see the lift in them. Now I'm getting fired up timmah.

Back to the point, no one is as vocal when they're team is getting done, but to say we don't sing at all when things get tough is a bit off the mark.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm gonna be getting behind the 'Dogs army. Usually I'm in the stands but the chanting is always weak there. Under the scoreboard at Aussie on Friday is where it's at :D

innsaneink

Referee
LebaneseForces said:
Your a typical Rugby League supporter... "Think I'll watch on TV":roll:

And I just bet you went to every week of last years semis series, didnt you?

Nook

Bench
Dodge,

If I or anyone else responded in similar fashion everytime you said something stupid this forum would crash.

Why? Because I want bigger crowds at our games? God forbid any of us wanting to advance our game.

No, because you are carrying on as though you are God's gift to Rugby League crowds. We're not worthy, Dodge. Thank God we have you around to tell us all how passionate we aren't about Rugby League.

Grow up and stop using every post as an opportunity to have a dig, and f**k off. Simple as that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have seen the Dragon Army sing and chant while they've been severely under the pump...classic example was at Parramatta stadium this year, they were in full voice up until the 80th minute..while the scoreboard entitled them to an early mark.

kudos to them.

ouwet

Bench
innsaneink said:

LOL i did mate (Except GF as i couldn't get tickets)... And if you don't believe me PM me your address and ill send you out a photocopy of the tickets as i keep them all.
I also went to the Manly V Dragons game last week (Bulldogs weren't involved)... As much as i'm a Bulldogs fan, I'm also a Rugby league fan.

JK

innsaneink said:

I went to a heap of games. Also went to both semi's last weekend without the Dogs playing.

What can I say - I love my league and it's best live with mates rather than at home like a nigel, but if you prefer the latter... :cool:

Also, saw heaps of dogs jerseys at every neutral game I go to. Maybe we are just better fans than you lot?? :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Dragons Army being myth is a myth.

That being said, it obviously isn't as good as it was in the '90s. Could only think the merger was the main reason for this.

Timmah

Staff member
Nook said:
Dodge,

If I or anyone else responded in similar fashion everytime you said something stupid this forum would crash.

No, because you are carrying on as though you are God's gift to Rugby League crowds. We're not worthy, Dodge. Thank God we have you around to tell us all how passionate we aren't about Rugby League.

Grow up and stop using every post as an opportunity to have a dig, and f**k off. Simple as that.

How am I having a dig? I'm not thinking I'm better than everyone here... I'm imploring people to get to the game. You've chosen to take it as a personal dig when all I f**king want to see is people at games. If you have a problem with it, ignore it, or contact me directly. You're acting like a farkwit here, and ruining the message I'm trying to put across. You can choose to listen and do, or ignore and go on with life. It doesn't affect me either way, but you carrying on as if I'm wronging the Rugby League community by pleading with people to get out to the game is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. If I want to have a dig at people, I'd be doing it directly, telling people to "get off their fat asses" and "stop being lazy" - and I'm not saying that because, from personal experience I know there are things that keep people away from games.

I'm beginning to waffle now but you get my drift. It's not a dig, far from it. Either way it's clear you have some sort of problem with me anyway so best leave it at that.

innsaneink

Referee
LebaneseForces said:
LOL i did mate (Except GF as i couldn't get tickets)... And if you don't believe me PM me your address and ill send you out a photocopy of the tickets as i keep them all.
I also went to the Manly V Dragons game last week (Bulldogs weren't involved)... As much as i'm a Bulldogs fan, I'm also a Rugby league fan.

:lol: Give you my address?

Yeh right. Not necessarry..I see I been owned.

I went to a heap of games. Also went to both semi's last weekend without the Dogs playing.

What can I say - I love my league and it's best live with mates rather than at home like a nigel, but if you prefer the latter... :cool:

Also, saw heaps of dogs jerseys at every neutral game I go to. Maybe we are just better fans than you lot??

How can I aim up to you blokes? :(

The shame.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
How am I having a dig? I'm not thinking I'm better than everyone here... I'm imploring people to get to the game. You've chosen to take it as a personal dig when all I f**king want to see is people at games. If you have a problem with it, ignore it, or contact me directly. You're acting like a farkwit here, and ruining the message I'm trying to put across. You can choose to listen and do, or ignore and go on with life. It doesn't affect me either way, but you carrying on as if I'm wronging the Rugby League community by pleading with people to get out to the game is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS. If I want to have a dig at people, I'd be doing it directly, telling people to "get off their fat asses" and "stop being lazy" - and I'm not saying that because, from personal experience I know there are things that keep people away from games.

I'm beginning to waffle now but you get my drift. It's not a dig, far from it. Either way it's clear you have some sort of problem with me anyway so best leave it at that.

Pretty sad...

The were no fans 'imploring' other fans last year to get to the games.

Just shows what a crap year and crap finals series its been so far.

Timmah

Staff member
This attitude towards anyone imploring fans to come to games is ridiculous. We all want what's best for the game, and the sort of behaviour you and Nook are displaying, ink, is idiocy. I'll cop that I didn't attend any finals games apart from the Saints first week semi, and that I missed the Grand Final. Either way, I'm happy doing what I do now. Do you guys expect us to feel bad about going to games and pleading with others to do the same or something?

Timmah

Staff member
innsaneink said:
Pretty sad...

The were no fans 'imploring' other fans last year to get to the games.

Just shows what a crap year and crap finals series its been so far.

And it's good for the game that you're acting like a twit whenever anyone suggests people get to the game?

:roll: Wake up and smell the coffee. This game needs fans and there's nothing wrong with asking people to join the crowd. If you disagree, say so.

Nook

Bench
Here is your original post Dodge
Neutral fans, fans of the clubs involved.... get out there, cheer, yell, scream... hell sit there and sulk. We cannot and should not be embarrassed by the AFL. Anyone here who sits and criticises the crowd when they could've gotten to each game themselves is kidding themselves. [martyr mode]I'll be missing the first 3/4 of a friend's 21st party to be at Aussie on Friday night, and if it weren't for another 21st in Newcastle on Saturday night I almost certainly would have headed to Telstra for the Saints game as well.
If you're passionate about league, it's time to show it. Get to the game if you can, STFU if you can't. We need to show the AFL what we're about, and this weekend is the time. Last year the Aussie qualifier sold out. There's no reason it shouldn't again. Anything less than 40,000 at Telstra on Saturday night is a CRIME.

I could get to the game, Dodge. But like alot of other people here I've got other things to do and sometimes RL isn't the priority. I'll be watching on TV.

and ruining the message I'm trying to put across.

The message you are trying to get across is "look at me, look at me, look at me".

As usual.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
This attitude towards anyone imploring fans to come to games is ridiculous. We all want what's best for the game, and the sort of behaviour you and Nook are displaying, ink, is idiocy. I'll cop that I didn't attend any finals games apart from the Saints first week semi, and that I missed the Grand Final. Either way, I'm happy doing what I do now. Do you guys expect us to feel bad about going to games and pleading with others to do the same or something?

Nothing about you....its my opinion its a reflection of the year weve seen, which imo has been ordinary.

Others talking themselves up for going to games and abusing those that have stated arent, without knowing any circumstances just look like the real tools they are.

phonetic

Juniors
Insaneink, it's a different type of finals series, not a crap one. You just sound like you're sour.

Nook

Bench
We all want what's best for the game, and the sort of behaviour you and Nook are displaying, ink, is idiocy

There is a difference between encouraging people to get to games and questioning - in your own barely literate way - the passion of those who choose, for whatever reason, not to get to the ground.

Ofcourse, this isn't really about crowds, Dodge. It's about you.

Latest posts