What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs are no chance

Eldorado

Juniors
Speaking asan Eels fan the team that worries me most are the Warriors. After them come the doggies, not concerned about the rest. Just my opinion.

L

legend

Doggies are no chance. I'd rather have arnold the mascot rather than old farts like Britt and complete nuffies like Glen Hughes.

32-0.

L

legend

Saints to win by plenty and show the dogs up as the imposters they are.

32-0.

Dog

Juniors
legend, legend, legend.

32-0. Wow. That scoreline really hurt. But mate, it wears off after a while. I could quite simply go back over every score since your 1982 inception and it would quite clearly show some embarrassments of your teams' own.

Consider this:
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=3 align=center border=1> <tbody> <tr> <td align=middle width=21>
emthup.gif
</td> <td align=left>Bulldogs</td> <td align=middle width=26>25</td> <td align=middle width=26>16</td> <td align=middle width=26>3</td> <td align=middle width=26>6</td> <td align=middle width=26>593</td> <td align=middle width=26>546</td> <td align=middle width=26>35</td> <td align=middle width=60>47</td></tr></tbody></table>

and this:

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=3 align=center border=1> <tbody> <tr> <td align=middle width=21>
emthdown.gif
</td> <td align=left>Raiders</td> <td align=middle width=26>25</td> <td align=middle width=26>8</td> <td align=middle width=26>1</td> <td align=middle width=26>16</td> <td align=middle width=26>568</td> <td align=middle width=26>617</td> <td align=middle width=26>17</td> <td align=middle width=60>-49</td></tr></tbody></table>

Sorry, you were saying?

We have two weeks in the finals. You havea few days until Mad Monday.

Dog

imported_JoeD

Juniors
As a warriors fan, we can finish 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th. I'm hoping for 7th so that we get to play the doggies, a team that every time they place us they look old and slow.

JoeD,
after last weeks performance (especially 2nd half) by the Warriors, I think your lot would be better advised to concentrate on their own game than any opponent you might be playing.

I also note that both Warriors-Dogs games this year were played in NZ (although game 1 was by the doggies choice). Warriors have played a bit better away from home this year, but they are still much easier to beat on Aussie soil. Having said that, I'd rather be playing the Roosters in the first final.

And Legend,
I respect your opinion, in fact you have the same opinion as most of the so-called experts (at the start of the year no-one picked us to make the 8, let alone the top 2!!). No-one picked us to make the GF in 95 or 98 either. We like it that way and also like nothing better than proving the experts wrong.

I'll be keeping an eye on this post in case I get a chance to say 'I told you so', which I think I will.

L

legend

The dogs are no chance, especially if Polla Mounter and Price are out with injuries. The dogs defended very well tonight against a very flat and disorganised Dragons attack who have their fate already decided as they will more than likely play the Eels next week and on tonights performance the Eels will do a number on them. Hooper had a shocker and made a lot of mistakes whilst for the Bulldogs, Willie Talau was crap. It remains to be seen the extent of the injuries for Price and Polla Mounter but they will have a much tougher opponent next week in either the Warriors, Roosters or the Broncos.

Dogs are no chance.

FYI Albatross, I actually tipped the Dogs to finish fourth in the regualr season, so I wasn't far off the mark.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dog:
Are you suggesting that nothing has happened between 1935 and 2001?

Well Legend, you were one of the very few non-dogs supporters that tipped us to make the 8.

I'd say Polly's played his last game for the dogs, but I'm hoping that Price isn't so bad. Don't forget we had Britt and Reardon being rested tonight, so they will strengthen our team next week. Sherwin and Marteene, who've both been in top form, were also missing but will be back next week.

I reckon we are certain to play the Roosters next week ie Parra will beat the roosters and the Warriors will beat the eagles, leaving saints in 8th and Easts in 7th.

I though our display tonight was a good quality, finals type performance against a side who had everything to play for. I can see you are still not convinced - fair enough - but I think we are looking good, and have got the depth to cover a couple of injuries as we showed tonight.

'The dogs are no chance .....' - Legend
BEEP! ... Wrong yet again legend <a target=_top>
lol2.gif
</a>.Similar to your predictions for the Raiders this year, isn't it getting monotonous yetwith your incorrect predictions.Just keep writing us off buddy, because with such accurate judges like you, who needs critics.
Yet again this mighty side has left egg all over the faces of their critics, Dragons &amp; their supporters, and of course our very own cheif Moderator here. lol ... lol
The Dragons will play their final game for 2001 next weekend. Thanks for the memories Dragons, but tonight you just simply confronted an awesome outfit and will be dissmissed from furtherduties soon.
As to what we'll be doing to our laughing critics and opposition from here on in ................<a target=_top>
greenchainsaw.gif
</a>(carving them up like hotcakes) !!! BRING IT ON!

Go you good 'Doggies GO!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
JoeD:
Welcome to the forum.
emthup.gif

If you get a chance, make a post in the 'Getting To Know You' thread...cheers

L

legend

Is there any word on that grub Polla Mounter yet? If the initial reports are correct and he is gone for the season, will Corey Hughes be the replacement for the remainder of the season. I hope so.

Dogs are no chance

E

Eelectric

Jeez mate I don't see how you can say that. They only had 30% of the possesion last night and still put the dragons to sleep. I hate to think what the score would have been had the possesion been reversed and a decent ref in control.

L

legend

You see guys, I am always right. The dogs capitulation has begun. Cronulla will finish the job next week and it will be good night gracie. Absolute pretenders.

BTW, cya chooks. Terrible performance tonight and a fitting exit for a very overrated team. The dogs turn will be next week.

P

pepe

yes my prediction looks like being spot on,i said out in straight sets and all is going to plan,simple really,the dogs lack the class which is needed come finals time.

anyhow congratulations on a top home and away season,you exceeded everyones predictiction,see ya next year dogs!!!!

pepe