What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dogs rule out moving games to belmore despite nrl push

Timbo

Staff member
Add to the fact I highly doubt the SCG Trust would ever sell the SFS.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even if they don't buy it they could take over the SFS Stadium Management on a long term lease arrangement. This would allow them to give the clubs the best possible deal whilst giving RL in Sydney a suitable home. They could then charge the ARU through the nose, maximise the pulling power of RL viewing to get some significant ground sponsorships and give at least some clubs in Sydney a decent stadium to watch the game in.

The transport needs to be sorted but until a master plan by the NRL is developed it is unlikely the State Govt will do anything about it. With probably close to 1/2 million Rl fans in the city plus the ARU and Cricket that is a pretty powerful lobby group.

babyg

Juniors
1. Canterbury should seriously link with Canterbury NZ. Perfect match.
2. NRL should be the ones doing the negociation with stadiums and then passing the incentives on to clubs. They should also be negociating with government about fixing transport etc. I got a free train from Brisbane northside all the way to the gold coast, like an hours travel for nothing.

Dogs Of War

Coach
1. Canterbury should seriously link with Canterbury NZ. Perfect match.
2. NRL should be the ones doing the negociation with stadiums and then passing the incentives on to clubs. They should also be negociating with government about fixing transport etc. I got a free train from Brisbane northside all the way to the gold coast, like an hours travel for nothing.

For sure. Train travel should be included in the cost. It would make it much more attractive to families to go without an extra overhead. Good for stadiums like Homebush and the SFS.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
For sure. Train travel should be included in the cost. It would make it much more attractive to families to go without an extra overhead. Good for stadiums like Homebush and the SFS.

It's always seemed ridiculous to me that public transport isn't included in the cost of the ticket for NSW teams. I wonder if it's the same for the Storm.