What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs set to Sign Mason 2day

Godz Illa said:
So the Sharks miss out on another big recruit. First declined by Luke Bailey, now Willie Mason. Cronulla are the ugly girl without a date for the prom. They need a "Cant Hardly Wait"-style makeover.

And to think I thought YOU were the ugly girl without a date.

insider

Juniors
3,750 a season

whoosh thats a pay packet and a half

but interetingly, i think canterbury got the good deal, less than 400k with a 4 yr deal was a triumph

$1.5 million. Bloody hell that's a lot of money. It will be interesting to see how the Doggies manage their squad during this period as that will put a huge dent in their salary cap.

And before the Doggies' supporters start bagging off at me, I'm not suggesting any impropriety, it's just that there isn't going to be a lot left for the rest of the squad. Might be a bit of an exodus down Bankstown way over the next few seasons.

wittyfan

Referee
Eskimo Sharkie said:
$1.5 million. Bloody hell that's a lot of money. It will be interesting to see how the Doggies manage their squad during this period as that will put a huge dent in their salary cap.

And before the Doggies' supporters start bagging off at me, I'm not suggesting any impropriety, it's just that there isn't going to be a lot left for the rest of the squad. Might be a bit of an exodus down Bankstown way over the next few seasons.

Nah, they will cope. They always do. Somehow.

Mr Saab

Referee
Eskimo Sharkie said:

it is 375k a season. Its not THAT extreme. With a 3rd party 50k job (2 players allowed) it will be 325k.
They still have room to move to sign other players. Every club (well majority) have 2-3-4 players on 300k

bulldog

Bench
Eskimo Sharkie said:
$1.5 million. Bloody hell that's a lot of money..... Might be a bit of an exodus down Bankstown way over the next few seasons.

1.5 over 4 years is $375 K a year, I'm sure he was offered more elsewhere (unofficially of course) and the Dogs needed to offer that to get him to stay.

We are about due for another mass exodus, but usually it's all at once rather than over a couple of seasons.

Two down one to go.

insider

Juniors
who needs braith

dogs have

brett 'inner outer' oliver!!!

and to back him up
reni 'copkiller' maitua!

thats a good 5/8th makeup

axie

Juniors
It would be $375k as a base contract, the $50k sponsorship deal would be on top. It's about $50k less than I expected, which should leave some room to allow Braith to be re-signed as well. It's only a small chance, but there still is a chance.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
what do you mean due for a mass exodus.... are you off your rocker?

over the last couple of years we have lost (and all first grade players who have contributed to whatever teams they have played in apart, shane martene not so much feeney and scott could be given more of a go) nigel vagana, Darren smith, glenn hall, todd polglase, corey payne, shane martene, steve price, thurston, feeney, dennis scott, Hutch, Paul Rauhihi, Travis Norton,

matt riddle isnt really a first grader

we going to lose lolesi for sure.

All those players together would make a pretty kick ass football team

Disco

Bench
1.Polglase
2.Martenee
3.Talau
4.Vagana
5.Lolesi
6.Norton
7.Thurston