What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs & St Merge after Hoppa Jnr

dikefalos

Juniors
my inside information is that he is almost signed & that the club is 90% there i doubt he will go anywhere

Last edited:

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
dikefalos i hope ur info is dead on, hate to see him playing for Parra or worse the Dogs, That team does not have a salary cap at all they just buy a new team every year
urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Doga

Juniors
Hope you guys keep him tbh

Great young player, however I prefer to see player loyalty.

Doga

Juniors
dikefalos i hope ur info is dead on, hate to see him playing for Parra or worse the Dogs, That team does not have a salary cap at all they just buy a new team every year
urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

With the amount of players we lose it is no wonder why we buy players. If we had no salary cap Jamal Idris would still be a Bulldog.

Some people (by some people I mean YOU) are so stupid.

Eels 01

Juniors
Zorba and Hasler are jokers, there’re kidding themselves if they think Hoppa will stay for substantially less money. Hasler the tight arse is the biggest hypocrite at Manly, how can he have the hide to ask a young bloke from a struggling family to cop less money? His father took to boxing to feed his family.
Emotional blackmail won’t wash, Hoppa Senior had no problem signing with the West Tigers, Manly had no problem letting him go.
The mail is strong, very strong that Hoppa is very close to signing with the Eels, he has his father’s blessing.
Manly are well short of Parra’s offer, feeding his many brothers and sisters is his priority.

ceagle

Bench
Zorba and Hasler are jokers, there’re kidding themselves if they think Hoppa will stay for substantially less money. Hasler the tight arse is the biggest hypocrite at Manly, how can he have the hide to ask a young bloke from a struggling family to cop less money? His father took to boxing to feed his family.
Emotional blackmail won’t wash, Hoppa Senior had no problem signing with the West Tigers, Manly had no problem letting him go.
The mail is strong, very strong that Hoppa is very close to signing with the Eels, he has his father’s blessing.
Manly are well short of Parra’s offer, feeding his many brothers and sisters is his priority.
What a joke, Manly have supported William since a young age. Eels offer is no where close to what the Dogs and Manly are offering, where the hell did you hear the Eels are close to signing? they have only expressed interest so far, they haven't even met with his manager.

Patorick

Staff member
Good luck to him, hope he can get as much out of the Dogs/Eels/Dragons or whoever.

Would love for him to stay, but understand his familial situation will probably force him elsewhere. Now or later.

Buhrer and Oldfield are the other worries.

Eels 01

Juniors
He's only 18 now. All clubs look after their juniors, especially the exceptional juniors, Manly are no different to other clubs. The Eels are confident of signing Hoppa.

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
He's only 18 now. All clubs look after their juniors, especially the exceptional juniors, Manly are no different to other clubs. The Eels are confident of signing Hoppa.
Nothing is certain as of yet, I asked his brother and he said that he thinks he will be staying with Manly.

Eels 01

Juniors
He does want to stay at Manly, like Thurston and Idris wanted to stay at the Bulldogs, K Keating, Mateo, Kelly, Inu and Kingston wanted to stay at the Eels, Civoniceva wanted to stay at the Broncos.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
With the amount of players we lose it is no wonder why we buy players. If we had no salary cap Jamal Idris would still be a Bulldog.

Some people (by some people I mean YOU) are so stupid.

Settle down princess, the mail is ur team are throwing 400k + at him i'd be amazed if u have that much play with

StMick

Bench
I wouldn't discount the Dragons just yet. If Boyd leaves, I don't think Cooper's been resigned yet, apparently Green's gone and there's a bit of a whisper that Fien may be released to follow Bennett. So I'd say the Dragons may have a few dollars to throw around and we can offer something none of the other clubs mentioned can (Eagles, Bulldogs, and Eels), the fullback spot in first grade. Now there might be some things that have to fall into place and it may be a big IF but I wouldn't discount the Dragons just yet.

Nugby

Juniors
I wouldn't discount the Dragons just yet. If Boyd leaves, I don't think Cooper's been resigned yet, apparently Green's gone and there's a bit of a whisper that Fien may be released to follow Bennett.

Mick, with Kyle Stanley re-signed, Chase Stanley (re-?)signed, I doubt we're looking at Hopoate (good as he's playing!) for next season.

StMick

Bench
Nugby, I guess it'll all depend on what happens with Cooper. If Cooper's resigned, end of story but he is, I think, 32 isn't he? So if he isn't resigned, Stanly will slot straight into the centres.

And, of course, If Boyd leaves, we're still down a fullback.

Where would the Bulldogs be getting all the money to throw at him? Surely they're not saying because Idris is leaving it's freeing up a heap of money? He wouldn't have been on much money.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Good luck to him, hope he can get as much out of the Dogs/Eels/Dragons or whoever.

Would love for him to stay, but understand his familial situation will probably force him elsewhere. Now or later.

Buhrer and Oldfield are the other worries.

Oldfield is not off contract.

Both David and Tony Williams will be sacrificed to keep Hopoate. Hopefully that will leave enough for Buhrer to be resigned. He isnt being chased by other clubs yet.

the retention battle then will turn to King and Kite. it is believed that Kite has ESL offers. Whare also needs to be resigned for outside back depth imo.

winnyason

Juniors
I really cannot believe we are again in another one of these situations after the Hodgkinson dramas that said DCE is going to be alot better than him, surely the management new pre season william was going to play alot of 1st grade with matai suspension.

I think the kid is a talent but let's not get caught up in hype, sure he has good fantasy stats (most of my mates tell me this) but unlike snake he cannot turn us from top 8 into genuine title contenders. If he goes we would still have the likes of oldfield, wolfy and robbo. I would like to keep him but he may only be a winger at manly unless matai moves to pack.

The thing that worries me if we pay 350 a season for him we may lose either kite or king now i will make a point with all sea eagles supporters that the reason we have made the finals 6 years in a row made 2 grand finals is our hardnosed forward pack, to me we must keep both kite and king given we lost perry last year because of the matai upgrade. the go forward of these boys is our cornerstone and is the envy of pathetic clubs like parra.

Onto parra braindead geniused supporters now i don't mind if william goes but the whole let's pay them back big time for Lyon or let's make them pay over for him.
Here is the thing you pathetic losers here is one thing the dogs have over you they are professional look at you CEO are you serious you guys will not sign anyone with him let along the likes of Sandow or Hopoate hearing we are confident of signing him is a laugh like Cooper or the SBW bullshit should i go on or let's keep Jeff Robson f**k are you serious and let keating go or mateo to the warriors. I then onto mortimer his brother james who i played first grade with in orange had a better kicking game.

Then the Jamie Lyon issue well let's see if you did not have smith as a coach at that time then there would have been no problem tell many how many stayed after the unloseable grand final in 2001 bar Hindmarsh and Cayless. The problem was Smith history shows look at knights and watch the shit unfold in roosters this season. Get real you f**king losers who about we get dirty on the warriors for stealing matt ridge during superleague or Marty bella to the cowboys.

And just to finish i reckon the kid will sign this week anyway the difference is we don't spend all week on a forum because our team sucks( parra yeap that's you) we will be playing finals footy again.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Oldfield is not off contract.

Both David and Tony Williams will be sacrificed to keep Hopoate. Hopefully that will leave enough for Buhrer to be resigned. He isnt being chased by other clubs yet.

the retention battle then will turn to King and Kite. it is believed that Kite has ESL offers. Whare also needs to be resigned for outside back depth imo.

Agree X 2.

Kite is past it, he no longer deserves the salary he's earning.

As much as I dislike T.Williams, his potential alone should prioritise his re-singing over David.