What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs supporters

Dogaholic

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Oh, it was tainted mate but I understand the opinion of Dogs supporters on this one.

My reasoning is that if you had on player on your books who was bought during your "cap rorting" period, in the GF season it was tainted.

Fact is if you hadn't rorted the cap, that/those player/s would never have been there.

The further fact that A. Ryan saved the game with a last minute tackle further muddies the legitimacy of the premiership. To me anyway.

Ok, I'll use that logic in that case...of course...it will not be to the same extent.

The West Tigers in season 2005 used an illegal kicking tee to gain an advantage off their kick off's. Sure, it ain't no bg deal. This kicking tee gave the Tigers a slight advantage from the get go in games. When kicking off, the extra height on the kicking tee meant that Pat Richards was able to get more so under the ball meaning that the ball would have more hang time. The outcome of this is that The Tigers defensive line would basically have the opposition pinned on the goal line from the start. Quite a psychological advantage.

So...The Tigers infringed the rules in 2005 and got caught. Does this mean that the season is tainted? A tainted pemiership? FYI, I am just blowing smoke....but even so, the logic is quite the same.

With the Dogs in 2002. We copped the harshest punishment in the history of the NRL, and rightly so. We can only do what the NRL tells us, took our punishment on the knuckles and moved on. We had to let go alot of quality players in that time.

It might be tainted for you, but for me it will always be a well earnt premiership. A season I will always cherish, as will you in 2005.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Smartman said:
End of argument about premierships.

Canterbury - 2004 Premiers

Wests Magpies - 2005 Premiers

So there you go......
icon6.gif

Geez Wests will be struggling to keep Marshall and Prince together the year after next...salary cap will bite
icon14.gif

icon6.gif

Not if the Tigers use that sign on fee loop hole. They have 500k to play with for the 2005 season

Dogaholic said:
Ok, I'll use that logic in that case...of course...it will not be to the same extent.

The West Tigers in season 2005 used an illegal kicking tee to gain an advantage off their kick off's. Sure, it ain't no bg deal. This kicking tee gave the Tigers a slight advantage from the get go in games. When kicking off, the extra height on the kicking tee meant that Pat Richards was able to get more so under the ball meaning that the ball would have more hang time. The outcome of this is that The Tigers defensive line would basically have the opposition pinned on the goal line from the start. Quite a psychological advantage.

So...The Tigers infringed the rules in 2005 and got caught. Does this mean that the season is tainted? A tainted pemiership? FYI, I am just blowing smoke....but even so, the logic is quite the same.

With the Dogs in 2002. We copped the harshest punishment in the history of the NRL, and rightly so. We can only do what the NRL tells us, took our punishment on the knuckles and moved on. We had to let go alot of quality players in that time.

It might be tainted for you, but for me it will always be a well earnt premiership. A season I will always cherish, as will you in 2005.

Bit of a stretch comparing an illegal kicking tee with a full-blown and premeditated attempt to cheat the salary cap system. But I understand your point.

League is full of attempts to get around/work/bend the system, such as instructions to hold players down to change the pace of the game, illegal shoulder pads etc.

On-field is different to off-field. On-field is instant and if the kicking tee was illegal, it was up to the officials to declare it immediately.

I'll have to disagree with your "quality players" comment though, most of the blokes you let go were in positions that were already covered (eg Thurston let go when you had Anasta and Sherwin in the halves), what it did was hack away at your depth, the first XVII was still a quality above the opposition in 2004 and 2005. Obviously the injury toll carved you up in 2005.

Rammo

Juniors
Smartman said:
Good luck with that Steve Noyce wannabe.

But it will be too late when Benji dons the blue and white jersey come 2007.

Can see it now Benji stepping through half a dozen players backhand pass to SBW who runs over another half a dozen players and offloads it to shrek to score under the post.

Awesome team come 2007
icon12.gif

icon6.gif

Smartman,

Don't waste your time on this idiot, I wasted too much of mine.

just click on his profile, and click 'add user to ignore list'.

You will feel much better doing that,

Do the same with the puppet.

tyniej

Juniors
thank you all, that was very entertaining. i sat here and read through it all from the start to end. and once again thank you.

Smartman

Juniors
Rammo said:
Smartman,

Yeah i know, i will eventually but beating his/her or it sorry ass is killing time for now.

What are you EA? he? she? or it?

Rammo said:
Smartman,

Thanks for the laugh, always tickles my funny bone when someone posts in a thread to tell other not to.

You can f**k off now you terminal skirt.

Rammo

Juniors
He's maintained his status as number 1 Tigers dickhead in this thread.

Gregstar as number 1 Dragons dickhead.

Smartman

Juniors
Rammo said:

There should be a thread about who the bigger dickhead is.

The sad thing is they will vote for themselves.

icon6.gif

You two finished having a big sloppy tongue kiss in the Tigers forum yet?

lol @ Rammo "You're on ignore, you're on ignore"..

hahahahahahahahahaha

androtops.

gregstar

Referee
Rammo said:

LOL!
great ignore option
number 1 NRL dickhead

*sook bitch whinge*

Smartman

Juniors
gregstar said:
LOL!
great ignore option
number 1 NRL dickhead

*sook bitch whinge*

The truth hurts doesnt it, does EA take it up the ass?

The dragons have lots of problems ATM, how low getting rid of a great clubman like Thommo.

Dragons = Trounsit lounge #2

icon6.gif

Slappy

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
You two finished having a big sloppy tongue kiss in the Tigers forum yet?

lol @ Rammo "You're on ignore, you're on ignore"..

hahahahahahahahahaha

androtops.

:lol: :clap:
I was about to post something along the same lines!
A couple of little lovebirds venturing out into the tigers forums trying to impress eachother in the face of adversity!

It is sweet but a rugby league forum is not the appropriate place!
PM eachother, or better still GET A ROOM!!!

Latest posts