What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Team with no imports

MarkC

Juniors
So in summary Lithgow, you could not be more wrong on just about every point.:D

But I don't expect fans to understand what is going on at other clubs.

Packy

Bench
What's the point in this exercise?? The truth is the current team is made up from the majority of players from other clubs. What's happened to the old Dogs pride when you used to always win the club championship. Look at NSW Cup and NYC teams at the clubs Des coaches. They are always hovering around the bottom of the table. He doesn't give a stuff about homegrown talent. The current situation should not be tolerated by dogs supporters. Des won't promote anyone unless they have 1st grade experience at some other club. Already Canterbury have lost some promising juniors to other clubs and rugby union because they know there is no pathway under Des. Shame Dogs Shame for letting this happen to your proud club!!!!

The point of this is a little bit of fun.

As for the rest of your email. Des doesn't care and TBH if he brings success, neither do we. Not to mention that you are completely f**kin wrong. Mbye, Klemmer, Jackson, Finucane all came in to 1st grade under Des. Joshy Reynolds also become a legit 1st grader under Des as well.

jono

Juniors
Let's see this week's Dogs teamlist.
1. S.Perrett NZ via Burleigh/ FG Deb Roosters
2. C.Thompson Brisbane Dogs
3.M.Mbye Noosa Dogs
4.T.Lafai Samoa via Campbelltown Dogs
5.M.Brown Gymea Sharks
6.J.Reynolds ST G Drags(Dogs jun) Dogs
7.T.Hodkinson Cabramatta Manly
8.S.Kasiano Auckland via Brisbane Dogs
9.M.Ennis Newcastle juniors Knights
10.J.Graham England Dogs
11.J.Jackson Gulgong/Mudgee Dogs
12.T.Williams Cabramatta Eels
13.G.Eastwood NZ Broncs
14.R.Maitua Kensington Dogs
15.D.Finucane Bega Dogs
16.D.Klemmer All Saints(Eels junrs)Dogs
17.L.Perrett Burleigh Dogs.

That really leaves only Reynolds as a true Bulldogs junior

MarkC

Juniors
Jono - we are not talking juniors - just players discovered / developed by a club.

The reason for that is not all clubs have the same Junior region ..... if we want to talk true juniors then we may as well award the comp to the Broncos each year and not bother playing. They have an entire city and substantial part of the rest of the state to recruit juniors from.

What about players for WA that don't have an NRL team ???

I terms of NRL Debut:-

2. C.Thompson - NRL Debut Dogs
3.M.Mbye - NRL Debut Dogs
4.T.Lafai - NRL Debut Dogs
6.J.Reynolds - NRL Debut Dogs
8.S.Kasiano - NRL Debut Dogs
11.J.Jackson - NRL Debut Dogs
14.R.Maitua - NRL Debut Dogs
15.D.Finucane - NRL Debut Dogs
16.D.Klemmer - NRL Debut Dogs
17.L.Perrett - NRL Debut Dogs.

So 10 out 17 players in this weeks team made their NRL debut at the Dogs.

If we applied you strict criteria on juniors most clubs only only field a handful of players.

Bulldog Force

Referee
All other clubs buy players, Bulldogs are no different. No one cares how many local juniors are part of their first grade team much these days.

So in summary Lithgow, you could not be more wrong on just about every point.:D

But I don't expect fans to understand what is going on at other clubs.

Mark C - (not sure what the C stands for but one can only guess). Wrong on every point??? Well one point I made was that Bulldogs NYC and NSW cup teams are languishing near the bottom end of the table under Des' reign. Last week when I looked that is the case - is it not?? and if you look at the junior teams when Des was in charge at Manly they were no great shakes either. The point I make is that its a shame that under Des' reign the bulldogs are heading into territory they have never had to go - that is, they are now relying on buying players from other clubs and other codes (Beale???) rather than building their own (see the Roosters for a great working example of this. A few weeks ago rather than give the halfbacks from either NSW cup or NYC a chance he choose a 300kg gorilla to fill that role. He's not into blooding players and I have been to a few Bulldogs NSW cup and NYC games. Since the start of the year, they have lost more than their share of disillusioned juniors because they dont see a pathway under Des. If money is spent on your locals rather than buying players from other clubs then you wouldnt have to play "what if" no imports games.

byrner

Juniors
Mark C - (not sure what the C stands for but one can only guess). Wrong on every point??? Well one point I made was that Bulldogs NYC and NSW cup teams are languishing near the bottom end of the table under Des' reign. Last week when I looked that is the case - is it not?? and if you look at the junior teams when Des was in charge at Manly they were no great shakes either. The point I make is that its a shame that under Des' reign the bulldogs are heading into territory they have never had to go - that is, they are now relying on buying players from other clubs and other codes (Beale???) rather than building their own (see the Roosters for a great working example of this. A few weeks ago rather than give the halfbacks from either NSW cup or NYC a chance he choose a 300kg gorilla to fill that role. He's not into blooding players and I have been to a few Bulldogs NSW cup and NYC games. Since the start of the year, they have lost more than their share of disillusioned juniors because they dont see a pathway under Des. If money is spent on your locals rather than buying players from other clubs then you wouldnt have to play "what if" no imports games.

If the NYC and NSW Cup teams are as bad as u say, then why would he blood any of them?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Our club, as well as ever other club in the NRL over the last 40 years, has relied on recruiting or purchasing players from elsewhere in the state or country to ensure the best lineup is available.

If you can't understand that or continue to think it's relevant, you're beyond help.

mxlegend99

Referee
Depending on the rules, I think nearly every team could field a pretty awesome side from the players who have made their debut at the club.

As a Panthers supporter, I see our best side as:

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Michael Jennings
4. Michael Gordon
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Blake Austin
8. Tim Grant
9. Peter Wallace
10. Sam McKendry
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Wade Graham
13. Luke Lewis

14. Junior Moors
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Matt Robinson
17. Adam Docker

18. Isaah Yeo
19. Sam Anderson

Honestly I expected a better line-up. Doesn't even come close to the Storm side... and they have managed to keep the bulk of it together.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jesse Bromwich
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Adam Blair

14. Sika Manu
15. Brett White
16. Kenneth Bromwich
17. James Maloney

First 17 I could come up with, so probably missed more quality. That side is just crazy.

MarkC

Juniors
Fair point mxledgend99.

I expect most clubs could field a reasonable team, but some may struggle.

My main point was the Dogs were signing players to replace those that signed elsewhere.

At one stage the Roosters raided a lot of our talent, and I think the Dogs were overzealous in sticking to the salary cap rules, as a result we got the spoon in 2008 with an very ordinary squad.

Once you club is in that position you have to sign players.

Some of the fans winging about the Dogs signing players were probably followed clubs that raided our original players.

I do rate the Panthers as a net producer of talent, and generally the Dogs and a lot of other clubs also produce/develop talent.

There are 1 or 2 clubs that a greedy in stockpiling talent and there are 1 or 2 others that don't seem to produce many players.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Fair point mxledgend99.

I expect most clubs could field a reasonable team, but some may struggle.

My main point was the Dogs were signing players to replace those that signed elsewhere.

At one stage the Roosters raided a lot of our talent, and I think the Dogs were overzealous in sticking to the salary cap rules, as a result we got the spoon in 2008 with an very ordinary squad.

Once you club is in that position you have to sign players.

Some of the fans winging about the Dogs signing players were probably followed clubs that raided our original players.

I do rate the Panthers as a net producer of talent, and generally the Dogs and a lot of other clubs also produce/develop talent.

There are 1 or 2 clubs that a greedy in stockpiling talent and there are 1 or 2 others that don't seem to produce many players.

Panthers without a doubt. Furtherest of the West Sydney NRL team, have the entire 30 km district between Parramatta and themselves, and then every team west of Penrith, plus the junior accademy!

maple_69

Bench
Yeah we have access to something like 10,000 juniors. Roosters catchment is 700 odd. Fair play to them going into the central coast though to produce more.

I agree. Sometimes there's a time for buying not breeding. As long as it's not a pattern of behaviour.
Penrith did the same these last two years. Junior system was a rabble and team culture was septic. So they plugged the gap with guys from good winning team cultures to build while the juniors were sorted. We've only got 4 odd juniors in the side at the moment but will likely have at least 10 in 2016.

coupy73

Juniors
Depending on the rules, I think nearly every team could field a pretty awesome side from the players who have made their debut at the club.

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Michael Jennings
4. Michael Gordon
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Blake Austin
8. Tim Grant
9. Peter Wallace
10. Sam McKendry
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Wade Graham
13. Luke Lewis

14. Junior Moors
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Matt Robinson
17. Adam Docker

18. Isaah Yeo
19. Sam Anderson

Honestly I expected a better line-up. Doesn't even come close to the Storm side... and they have managed to keep the bulk of it together.

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jesse Bromwich
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Adam Blair

14. Sika Manu
15. Brett White
16. Kenneth Bromwich
17. James Maloney

First 17 I could come up with, so probably missed more quality. That side is just crazy.

Good Storm side....
Sisa made his debut for The Roosters, and i don't know if Brett White played any first grade for Saints??

Even from the current Storm squad 'debut' players could form a formidable side.

1. Slater
  2. O' Neil
  3. Chambers
  4. Fanua
  5. Tonumaipea
  6. Hampton
  7. Cronk
  8. J. Bromwich
  9. Smith
  10. McClean
  11. Proctor
  12. Hoffman
  13. Harris
  14. Garbutt
  15. Gladsby
  16. Griffen
  17. K. Bromwhich
In that there is 5 origin players, 7 top internationals (aus + NZ) and 2 pacific team internationals (tonga + Samoa)

Last edited:

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Roosters team for 2015

1.RTS
2.Tupou
3.SKD
4.Elliot
5.McDonald
6.Hastings
7.Pearce
8.Napa
9.Friend
10.Lui
11.Cordner
12.Guerra
13.Auberson

14.Evans
15.FPN
16.Meehan
17.Langi

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach

1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Michael Jennings
4. Michael Gordon
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Blake Austin
8. Tim Grant
9. Peter Wallace
10. Sam McKendry
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Wade Graham
13. Luke Lewis

14. Junior Moors
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Matt Robinson
17. Adam Docker

18. Isaah Yeo
19. Sam Anderson

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Mahe Fonua
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jesse Bromwich
11. Ryan Hoffman
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Adam Blair

14. Sika Manu
15. Brett White
16. Kenneth Bromwich
17. James Maloney

Israel Folau

Kiwi

First Grade
Broncos would be

1 - Hodges
2 - Hoffman
3 - Copely
4 - Gagai
5 - Boyd
6 - K Hunt
7 - B Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Parker
11 - Glenn
12 - Thaiday
13 - Gillett

14 - Oates
15 - Taylor
16 - Eastwood
17 - N Friend

I'll have a crack at Souths (Assuming that you don't have to be a junior to not be an import ie if they're first senior team was Souths like 20's etc).

Issac was a Dogs Junior unfortunately and they've claimed him in this thread.

Didn't include Mansour because he didn't make first grade nor Segeyaro.

1. James Roberts
2. Alex Johnston
3. Dylan Walker
4. Dylan Farrell (If not Beau Champion)
5. Fetuli Talanoa
6. John Sutton
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Dave Tyrrell
9. Nathan Peats
10. Shannan McPherson
11. Chris McQueen
12. Ben Lowe
13. Jason Clark

14. Beau Falloon
15. Manase Manuokafoa
16. Eddy Pettybourne
17. David Fa'alogo

Last edited:

MarkC

Juniors
It was a mistake to claim Issac ... so he is more properly included in the Souths side.

The one thing this thread does show is the comp would probably be better off with less player turnover.

The classic case of this is Barba who went to the Broncos and is now unwanted there so he is going to the Sharks....... Barba and the NRL would have been better off had he stayed at the Dogs.... I know there were other issues involved..... but what has Barba gained by going to the Broncos?

But a lot of player movement seems to be like-for-like swaps, or because a new coach wants to stamp their authority.... a good coach should be able to get the best of of the available player talent.

So I still think there should be a system in place to reward player loyalty .... players should be paid $$$$ to be loyal, but is is better than being paid $$$$ to move.

Bulldog Force

Referee
It was a mistake to claim Issac ... so he is more properly included in the Souths side.

The one thing this thread does show is the comp would probably be better off with less player turnover.

The classic case of this is Barba who went to the Broncos and is now unwanted there so he is going to the Sharks....... Barba and the NRL would have been better off had he stayed at the Dogs.... I know there were other issues involved..... but what has Barba gained by going to the Broncos?

But a lot of player movement seems to be like-for-like swaps, or because a new coach wants to stamp their authority.... a good coach should be able to get the best of of the available player talent.

So I still think there should be a system in place to reward player loyalty .... players should be paid $$$$ to be loyal, but is is better than being paid $$$$ to move.

I agree with that. On the Ben Barba front though, the Bulldogs are better off without him. He had an awesome 2012 but 2013 showed what a liability he could be. I'm much more happier and stoked that we have Brett Morris in our team, all in all though, think about it, we'd still have SBW, Mason and a whole heap of others.

Latest posts