What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs to Re-sign MASON

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Just heard on the 11.00 2GB news that the Dogs should be announcing Mason renewing his contract later this arvo. Another one bites the dust....

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Heard it as well. Hardly surprising. Chalk another one up for the least attractive club in the NRL to play for if/when it does happen.

MightySharks

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Heard it as well. Hardly surprising. Chalk another one up for the least attractive club in the NRL to play for if/when it does happen.

We are the least attractive club in the NRL?

black_dot

Juniors
I'm happy not to have Mason and riddell not come to our club to be honest.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Mason, and If the annoucement IS made, I'll be doing handstands and personally congratulating those at the club who refused to bow to his inrealistic financial demands in an effort to raise his price at belmore.

if they dont announce his signing i'll be spewing if he comes to us !

mr_sharks

Juniors
Just another player wanting to add speculation he is going to another club to increase his asking price, before July 1 so the Cantebury club wouldn't be too peeved off.
Who do we target now?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Snoop Shark said:
We are up there. Look what happend with Piggy last year...

Add Tate, Thurston, Maguire, Webb, Kidwell, de Vere, Firman, Stringer to last years failed attempts as well.

Very true Coolum. As good as Mason is, he is prone to injury and it would be a big dent in our salary cap to have someone who is such a big risk in our squad. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the guy at the Sharks, but I think given his on and off-field disciplinary record and spate of injuries, the money that has been talked about in the media appears excessive.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Oh freckled grunt buggly,
Thy micturations are to me as frangled gurgle blotchinks,
In a lurgid bee,
Groot I implore thee my footing turlingdromes,
Or I will thrangle thee with my burger cruncheon,
See if I don't

Get that off your sig Esky.. I can't take it any more!! :D

black_dot

Juniors
Thats a great point, its not like he chose another club over us, he stayed at his home club. Pretty important thing to consider when talking about our " attractiveness"

Tate and Macquire also remained at the broncos

Devere went to the UK didnt he ? not another NRL club.

Thurston , we missed out but got dykes, is that a loss ? where was thurston going to play with dykes and nod in the team ? not a big loss in that picture then.

Webb and Kidweell, both bad misses, Webb didnt want to leave QLD, similar story to berry now, but geez it would have been great to have him. Kidwell has been very solid at the storm and obviously made a call on the $$$ to move all that way over staying in sydney with us.

Firman WAS at our club frenzy remember ? we brought him down from Taree. He got hurt alot with us too, went to the roosters once noddy was signed, has done jack sh*te there and has chronic shoulders, now he's out with the thumb injury for f**ks sake, hes had ankles, hip problems, hes shocking, now he's off to the cowboys, they can have him, he can GAGF !!

Stringer, been solid without playing anywhere near up to his potential from his northern eagles days.

As a whole, I dont think that bunch of players not coming to the sharks is because of unattractiveness, some of them we were damn lucky NOT to get.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Regardless of the justification in hindsight, we went for them and missed them. I suppose next year we will be able to justify as well. Perhaps we can go back over the years and justify any other misses then as well.

The club recognises the problem, I don't see why fans can't. It's not taboo.

We'll in all likelihood miss Berrigan as well now. We had more chance at him with Mason on board.

black_dot

Juniors
I see AND recognise the problem mate, as we discussed before, I'm not concerned though because the problem will cease as soon as the problem accept it and step down !

Frenzy.

Post Whore
black_dot said:
I see AND recognise the problem mate, as we discussed before, I'm not concerned though because the problem will cease as soon as the problem accept it and step down !

Yes.

Wicketkeeper again.

Latest posts