What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dogs Vs Broncos - Should be Brutal

Leagueguy

Juniors
This should be one of the most brutal games of the year. These are probably two hardest hitting packs in the competition. Last time Brisbane really smashed Canterbury and I don't think the dogs liked it much. They'll be out for some revenge tonight. Brisbane will revel in it though, these are their favourite kinds of games. I think it will be a tight match and both teams will have an opportunity to win the game. Brisbane need to introduce some more second phase play and be more oganized in attack if they are going to capitalize on their opporunities though. Regardless of the result it should be good to watch, especially the opening 20 minutes.

miccle

Bench
hahaha that's gold chewme... I mean aside from the fact that maybe one Souths forward would get some gametime at our club. Off the bench.

mattyg

Bench
Im hearing that SBW will be rested from tonight's game (very minor swelling to his knee - he could play but they aren't going to risk him) with Dallas McIllwain to come onto the bench. Not confirmed though at this stage.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I admire the Broncos defence and attitude last week but geez their attack is a shower of sh*te sometimes.

Karmichael Hunt still not back yet? The Dogs will find it all too easy to shut Shane 'No Talent' Perry out of the game and Locky will again have to rush things.

Bulldogs 24 Broncos 8

pantherz9103

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
I am expecting a big one from the Bronc's to be honest with you's.

No doubt the Broncos will try very hard again. But seriously Shane Perry at halfback again :sarcasm:

Leagueguy

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt still not back yet? The Dogs will find it all too easy to shut Shane 'No Talent' Perry out of the game and Locky will again have to rush things.

We either find out 1 of 3 things about Perry tonight. He'll either show some spark and grit tonight, inspired by the constant criticism he has gotten all week. Alternatively he may lose even more confidence and really strugle. The option is that he remains at the same level he is now we find out thats about the guys best.

[furrycat]

Coach
It is confirmed by the Bulldogs website designer who is currently with the team.

Sonny Bill will be rested tonight due to swelling in his knee- it is not an injury and he wants to play, but they are just resting him.

McIllwain into the side.

edit- ok someone already said it :fist:

Cammo

Bench
With 2nd spot pretty much sewn up it is no suprise to see Folkes rest some players as a precaution. If we win tonight then I would expect more to be rested over the next 2 weeks as well.

Anyone with a niggling injury shouldn't be risked as we pretty much have no hope of finishing anywhere other than 2nd.

one thing that shocked me, was Bennett's comments
well if thats what their coach thinks, and his players walk into this game thinking they will lose, i should expect a cricket score tonight.

even if you are last, you should always walk into a game prepared and determined to win, and not to judge the result without even playing

mxlegend99

Referee
jimmy_the_greek said:
well if thats what their coach thinks, and his players walk into this game thinking they will lose, i should expect a cricket score tonight.

even if you are last, you should always walk into a game prepared and determined to win, and not to judge the result without even playing
Agreed. Souths are no chance at anything but the spoon and still showing a winning spirit. Broncos could quiet easily turn their fortunates around with a bit of faith and a solid 80minute game.

It's unlikely that it will be this game, or even the next. But with their spirits, it's almost certain it won't be.

Nathan B

Juniors
jimmy_the_greek said:

Did you read past the headline?

Maybe coaches shouldn't use the word 'lose' before a game, but he was hardly conceding defeat.

Nathan B said:
Did you read past the headline?

Maybe coaches shouldn't use the word 'lose' before a game, but he was hardly conceding defeat.

yep,
i remember reading the article at school, and he was saying a loss wouldnt kill them, and if its not by more than 20 points he wouldnt be worried.