What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dollars Could Cost Dragons This Prop

blacksafake

First Grade
I hope he stays,however i can see someone like the eels who are desperate for a forward like him to offer big $ which would make it hard to compete with.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Leeson needs to be priority number 1 right now, but I fear that we may be outbid. Desperate clubs will be looking to bolster their packs for next season and we might lose out to a 4 year deal offer from another club.

If we lose Leeson under those circumstances, i'll be pissed but I can understand completely that he'll be looking to set himself up for the future. However, i'm worried this forum will go into meltdown and we'll be back onto the Millward hate train.

Its not all over yet tom.
Stay tuned

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
My understanding is that graham is not on quite as much as people have talked about

I mean the guy didn’t have much competition for his signature last year down on form and in a struggling team and he is old

Discounted 2018 salary $500k
And I have heard $400k pa for 2019
And $350k pa for 2020 and might not even play?

Vaughan supposedly on $500k pa on contract extension years

If so .....LAM is possible to stay at $450k pa for two years and paid like a starting prop

Realistically our junior props won’t be in his category for a long time

A team like Newcastle or titans maybe prepared to pay $550k pa for 3 years?

If it falls thru maybe korbin sims at $400k pa would be a good plan B and likely to get bigger and stronger as only 25yrs old and has a lot of upside coming into our pack ...... very similar to Vaughan leaving Canberra and arriving here

getsmarty

Immortal
ah-maul-180325703.jpg

JUDICIARY

Sims, Ah Mau cited by MRC
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 26 Mar 2018, 02:14 PM

St George Illawarra duo Leeson Ah Mau and Tariq Sims have been cited by the NRL Match Review Committee following Sunday's 54-8 win over the Gold Coast Titans.

Ah Mau and Sims were both charged for grade one careless high tackles in the first half on Ryan James and Ash Taylor respectively.

Both players will only accrue fines and won't miss any games no matter their decision regarding the charges.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/03/26/sims-ah-mau-cited-by-mrc/

rasaint

Juniors
Leeson’s seemed a bit careless but Simms hit seemed fair maybe borderline late but Ash Taylor does take it right to the defence line.

kit66

Bench
Should have resigned him a year ago, would have got him at a good price.
I expect to see him and Vaughan starting games in the near future if Sele keeps performing well off the bench.
Leilua, Graham, Sele + Mann on the bench.

watatank

Coach
if Ah Mau leaves then the biggest name we would have retained is McInnes, while losing Thompson, Ah Mau and maybe Nightingale. McInnes would have had a significant upgrade but still doesn't seem to add up here. At the end of the day while keeping Ah Mau should be a priority, we can't just keep him at any cost so much depends on what $$ is being floated out there.Will have to wait and see what happens but it will be interesting to see what Millward comes up with the cap space nonetheless.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
ah-maul-180325703.jpg

JUDICIARY

Sims, Ah Mau cited by MRC
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 26 Mar 2018, 02:14 PM

St George Illawarra duo Leeson Ah Mau and Tariq Sims have been cited by the NRL Match Review Committee following Sunday's 54-8 win over the Gold Coast Titans.

Ah Mau and Sims were both charged for grade one careless high tackles in the first half on Ryan James and Ash Taylor respectively.

Both players will only accrue fines and won't miss any games no matter their decision regarding the charges.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/03/26/sims-ah-mau-cited-by-mrc/
Long as we have them on Anzac Day for starters

Frank Facer

First Grade
My understanding is that graham is not on quite as much as people have talked about

I mean the guy didn’t have much competition for his signature last year down on form and in a struggling team and he is old

Discounted 2018 salary $500k
And I have heard $400k pa for 2019
And $350k pa for 2020 and might not even play?

Vaughan supposedly on $500k pa on contract extension years

If so .....LAM is possible to stay at $450k pa for two years and paid like a starting prop

Realistically our junior props won’t be in his category for a long time

A team like Newcastle or titans maybe prepared to pay $550k pa for 3 years?

If it falls thru maybe korbin sims at $400k pa would be a good plan B and likely to get bigger and stronger as only 25yrs old and has a lot of upside coming into our pack ...... very similar to Vaughan leaving Canberra and arriving here
Newcastle wanted to sign James Graham bad. They thought he was the ideal player to bring to their club, but he knocked them back and chose to play for us. He also wants to win a comp real bad too and that was one of the reasons that he chose to play for us.

Frank Facer

First Grade
if Ah Mau leaves then the biggest name we would have retained is McInnes, while losing Thompson, Ah Mau and maybe Nightingale. McInnes would have had a significant upgrade but still doesn't seem to add up here. At the end of the day while keeping Ah Mau should be a priority, we can't just keep him at any cost so much depends on what $$ is being floated out there.Will have to wait and see what happens but it will be interesting to see what Millward comes up with the cap space nonetheless.
Thompson is no lose. Nightingale should have been taped on the shoulder last year and told to retire or look elsewhere.

We should retain Ah Mau.

Crush

Coach
Have faith.....the Club didn't throw the Big money at Dugan or Packer and the Sun still comes up. I'm sure Millward will do the right thing by the Club to keep a well balanced team of experience & youth coming thru the system.
Quality post. I completely agree.