What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dolphins 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Well another year and another round 1 loss. I'm not surprised, the club has treated round 1 as a final trial for over 10 years now.

I actually thought they played well in the first 30 minutes. They took the crowd out of the game and had a nice 12-6 lead and looked likely to score again. At that point we were 14 out of 16 completed sets. From there we completed only 7 sets for the last 50 minutes of the game putting ourselves under extreme pressure. I thought the defence was ok under the circumstances but weight of possession was overwhelming.

It's hard to even critique the attack because we barely had ball. It's not as if we sat on their line without scoring. At the end of the day Bennett had them raring to go and they brought a finals like intensity that we were no where near matching. I actually think they would have given any team a run for their money today.

It's all about next week now. Have to hit back and get that first win on the board.

Hard to even give the points as no one was actively bad, they just gave themselves no chance in the final 50 minutes

3 teddy
2 keary
1 Collins

isaiah

Bench
Two things. You never have to worry about taking the crowd out. Redcliffe fans are special. Only cheer and support when leading by two plus trys. Famous for it in the qrl. They may only cheer for 80 min total ALL year.
And teddy was awful, worst game in four seasons, IMO

Teddy did put in at least. I thought Keary looked underdone. Sam reminded us that he’s still young. I thought Lodge and Collins ripped in and can’t think of anyone else that stood out in what was a very flat team performance. We were out muscled and out enthused - plain and simple. Just a typical (sadly) Roosters Rnd 1 performance. Sitilli, Joey and Jared can’t come back soon enough.
Points tough to call.
3. Collins
2. Teddy
1. Lodge

Yes, it was a typical Roosters Round 1 performance. Robbo's record is well under 50 per cent now, but somehow I don't think that will keep them up at night. You don't win premierships in March! I expect them to bounce back in style this Saturday afternoon. Easts to win!