What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Furner on ABC Radio

jed

First Grade
From tonight's mX

The Roosters and Titans appear set to battle it out for the services of Nate Myles after the Bulldogs prop completed a whirlwind tour at the weekend.
Myles could make his decision as early as today, having met with officials from Canberra, Melbourne, North Queensland and the Titans after his side's 22-16 over St George-Illawarra on Friday night.
His manager Gavin Orr hinted the Origin star wanted to live near the neach and all but ruled out any chance of him staying with the Bulldogs.
"The biggest thing for him is a starting position," Orr said.
"He'd like to be considered as a starting player, but it's also who's coaching and the lifestyle."
"He's from Cairns and lives on the beach at Cronulla now, he wants to maintain the lifestyle that he's set up," he said.
Canberra looks to be out of the running, while Melbourne has come close to the Roosters' offer of $275,000, but could miss out based on location.
The Gold Coast will be praying Myles will consider a return home to Queensland.
Orr said it was unlikely the Bulldogs could afford to keep the 21-year old.
"He's love to play at the Bulldogs if it was feasible, but I don't think that's the situation," he said.

Phoenix_Raider

Juniors
jed said:
From tonight's mX
I think their source is the Telegraph.. they say that Canberra look to be out of the running but they don't say why they look to be out of the race.. which makes me think the telegraph has no idea.

jed

First Grade
yeah, mX is usually the same articles that will be appearing in the next day's Tele.

I took it from the article that Canberra's lack of a beach culture was one of the main reasons, doesn't he know about Macca's beach on Lake Burley Griffin??? There may be more reasons though, like $$$

woodgers

Bench
Jed, this sounds like Myles needs someone to call him and point out the advantages of Canberra as a city. I suggest a good old rendition of 'oh Can-ber-ra'.

On 2nd thoughts, i'll get Simon on that case.....