What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Despair

antonius

Coach
It looked real bad against the Raiders, but. The Knights do this every year. Lose to a lesser team (and I mean no disrespect to the Raiders) then come out against a team like the Storm, and play their pants off. They've done it time and time again. Johns was well short of a gallop last night, and frankly was one of the worst on field, he wont do that twice in a row. Buderus is back, and you can bet the forwards who get out there will be on notice. Contrary to some opinions Abes is almost back, and he is not far off turning in a blinder (yes I'm biased) I can see a big turn around this week, I didn't tip in the Raiders game because frankly I exspected something like that to happen, I was hoping it wouldn't but like I said we do it every year. Heads up everyone.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For what it's worth, this time last year:

R2 bt Raiders 70-32
R3 bt Bulldogs 46-22
R4 l. Cowboys 18-16.

:?

Timmah

Staff member
Nope, not at the moment.

In general I think Johns needs a few solid games behind him and Bedsy is crucial to your lineup as well.

Once both boys have a bit of match fitness behind them you'll be hard to stop. I can't see Smith tolerating another performance like last night.

Bicey_18

Bench
Timmah said:
For what it's worth, this time last year:

R2 bt Raiders 70-32
R3 bt Bulldogs 46-22
R4 l. Cowboys 18-16.

:?

For what its worth....

Rd 2 Def Raiders 70-32
Rd 3 Def Bulldogs 46-22
Rd 4 Lst Warriors 22-26
Rd 5 Def Dragons 54-6
RD 6 Lst Cowboys 16-18

Timmah

Staff member
That was my point. The theory didn't hold.

But I think with a few weeks to gel, the Knights will be good as gold ;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
In general I think Johns needs a few solid games behind him and Bedsy is crucial to your lineup as well.

Wow.

Pure genius.

Someone get this guy Brian Smith's phone number, I think he's onto something here :lol:

Stranger

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
For what its worth....

Rd 2 Def Raiders 70-32
Rd 3 Def Bulldogs 46-22
Rd 4 Lst Warriors 22-26
Rd 5 Def Dragons 54-6
RD 6 Lst Cowboys 16-18

Possible?

Bedsey is the key man when looking at sparking our forwards IMO. 9/10 we will get smashed in the forwards without Bedsey.

antonius

Coach
I was not refering to how our season starts, more that at stages during the season we tend to lose to the lower teams badly one week, then turn up against the top teams a week later and beat them. All the years I've followed this club (and it's quite a lot (all of them in fact) we have done that. No doubt other clubs experience the same thing I just haven't noticed it as much as us.

Frederick

Staff member
Timmah said:
That was my point. The theory didn't hold.
Actually it kinda does. We lost to the Warriors at home, and at that point the Warriors weren't exactly setting the world on fire. Then we came out an absolutely caned the Dragons at home.

cram

Bench
I did not see the game last night, but the score told the story. After our wins in the first two rounds we had hoped that things were changing but obviously bad habits die hard. I don't think the ten days break did us any favours and the five day turnaround won't help either.

But as Tony says lets not despair, well not yet anyway...:)

On another point the scheduling of the NRL is a disgrace and needs to be changed, whoops sorry Channel 9 is running Rugby League so nothing will change

It's only round 3 and some of us are acting like the sky is falling.

Two things from the game:

ONE: That is the best the Raider have played in a number of seasons and
they will not play that well again this year.

TWO: One of Joey's worst games in a long time.

perverse

Referee
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
It's only round 3 and some of us are acting like the sky is falling.

Two things from the game:

ONE: That is the best the Raider have played in a number of seasons and
they will not play that well again this year.

TWO: One of Joey's worst games in a long time.
THREE: our forwards were pathetic.. and it's not like they don't have the ability.. they don't have the drive at the moment. they looked flat as a tack and we were punished for it dearly.

perverse said:
THREE: our forwards were pathetic.. and it's not like they don't have the ability.. they don't have the drive at the moment. they looked flat as a tack and we were punished for it dearly.

Agreed,

No one lead form the front, it was a disgrace. Just shows that we are missing Craig Smith

The late inclusion of Davico was a bad move by Brian Smith too.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
antonius said:
It looked real bad against the Raiders, but. The Knights do this every year. Lose to a lesser team (and I mean no disrespect to the Raiders) then come out against a team like the Storm, and play their pants off. They've done it time and time again. Johns was well short of a gallop last night, and frankly was one of the worst on field, he wont do that twice in a row. Buderus is back, and you can bet the forwards who get out there will be on notice. Contrary to some opinions Abes is almost back, and he is not far off turning in a blinder (yes I'm biased) I can see a big turn around this week, I didn't tip in the Raiders game because frankly I exspected something like that to happen, I was hoping it wouldn't but like I said we do it every year. Heads up everyone.

I know exactly what you mean. Perfect example last year was when we were coming of a mammoth performance against Sea Eagles and everything looked good then the next week we came out and got belted 46-12 against a struggling Eels when Hayne scored 4 tries or something. We do it every year a couple of times. I think Smith can pick the boys up fairly quickly and we can turn it around against the Storm.

Johns Magic

Referee
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
The late inclusion of Davico was a bad move by Brian Smith too.

How so?

He's a leader and he always has a go, which is exactly what we lack in the forwards.

He was the best man for the job.

perverse

Referee
Johns Magic said:
How so?

He's a leader and he always has a go, which is exactly what we lack in the forwards.

He was the best man for the job.
agreed - we needed davico out there.. and it certainly showed after he got injured.

our forwards need a leader.. i'm hoping buderus gets our boys going forward. good service from dummy half is very under-rated.. not much you can do when you're flat footed by a poor pass... and there were PLENTY of those getting thrown around on monday.