What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont touch Cross with a 10 footpole

Inferno

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Identified.
Highlighted.
branded.

been there done that with another player. Not worth it.

Where is "there" and what is "that" exactly?

He was strong tonight but wtf was with raising his left forearm. I think he may be in some hot water come monday.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Genius Freak said:
Depends if they can prove it was a deliberate action, or something defensive.
Somehow I don't think that matters now to the refs, players & the "hooked on a feeling" game callers.

He was branded tonight by commentators, all it will take is a 1 week suspension, then evry time something goes close he will get grading, and another sideline stitnt, remember our own Jason Stevens anything touch in go agsinst you, and still happening to Woolford at Canberra, Cross is about to become the next, if it was Morley the gould defence would have been heard

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
He was branded tonight by commentators, all it will take is a 1 week suspension, then evry time something goes close he will get grading, and another sideline stitnt, remember our own Jason Stevens anything touch in go agsinst you, and still happening to Woolford at Canberra, Cross is about to become the next, if it was Morley the gould defence would have been heard

Bingo.

imasharkie

Coach
I can't beleive Clarke didn't get a call from the video ref, ala the Morley incident on Walker.
And while on the subject, how bad has Clarke gone to in the referree standards. He was disgraceful tonight. I notice the Nein callers talked about the number of penalties he gave. Clarke seems to be the only ref blowing up penalties. Probably because the players have no respect for him and I don't blame them. He's a two bit wannabe.
It was a terrific sight last week watching games flowing along without the needless penalties and I have to agree with the Nein and Fox commentators how much a difference it makes to watch a game without all the stoppages. IMO the refs and linesmen who continuelly pull up games are only doing it because of their own egoism and would be better off reffing in the lower grades.
Isn't it good to see the new 1st grade refs who have been introduced this year are in the same mould as Hollywood Harrigan and ref the game for the game and not themselves.

I hope the NRL continues with this approach and start to demote the refs who are out there to promote themselves.

Inferno

Coach
agreed.

Panthers were clearly the better side tonight but gees the Eels were unlucky on a number of occasions. Very poor by clark tonight. I don't know how Priddis wasn't held, and that try he scored had a very ordinary put down.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Clark annoys me & it is not about his refereeing, it is the way he talks.
f*cken hopeles ref now who showed some potential a few years ago.

imasharkie

Coach
Reefy that try by Priddis looked to me as though he put the ball down on a players boot in the slow mo. I'll be interested to watch the replay of the game.

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Cross won't be a Shark. Contracted to Panthers for next year and can't get out of it. Look out for another Panther.

MrSharky

Juniors
Sideline Eye said:
Cross won't be a Shark. Contracted to Panthers for next year and can't get out of it. Look out for another Panther.

F P?

BTW SLE will Bailey stay if Wigan are relegated?

icon6.gif

sharkadelic

Juniors
FP would be great but isnt he talking up Stupid 14 team action? Or is the classic Anasta/Johns/Gasnier ploy?

Inferno

Coach
Lance Thompson.

I'd have thought with Bailey going, and most likely Vagana and Hutch as well, coupled with the fact we were already under the salary cap, we'd have more than enough money for F.P. I suppose though he's not the only one we are after.