What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust: & I thought Finch was a sook.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I think Tommy is just yearning for the days when Thuggery was rampant on the field - and 4000 turned up to each game.

Drake, PJ has now been targetted by 3 clubs. Makes sence when he's the one who's had the dodgey neck - therefore it's a weak spot. Note that no one plans any illegal action to take out Hindmash, Widders, Guru Jnr, Cayless et al.

back on PJ...

Jason Stevens raises his knee in a tackle with PJ Marsh. Suspended for a week. (At least bg Stevo apologised.) Marsh misses 3 weeks of footy.

Adrian Morley raises knee in a tackle. Suspended 3 weeks - Roosters whinge - why shuold his 57 other suspensions have bearing on his suspension, as he was only trying to knee someone in the head)

Trent Barrett decides to try and be Jake The Muss, because Marsh had the audacity to make a legal charge down????

3 games in about 4 for Marsh, someone has tried to take him out with a gross, illegal act. He has cause to complain.

Doust should ask why his players would prefer to act like thugs than play football. In fact, I hear he has contracted some blokes to replace the fencing around Oki Stadium with 3 ropes and 4 turnbuckles.

Thugs!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
Doust is spot on.

Who does PJ think he is coming out in the media and whinging like a little bitch, "hey he hit me, waahhhhh, wahhhahaaaaaa".

Get over it you sook and let the judiciary take care of it.

What happens on the field, stays on the field you cry baby.

I would agree with you hadnt barret hit PJ from behind like the cat he is....

Pj had the right to whinge as you put it being attacked like that from the club captain.............

Who's the bigger sook pj or barret?

taxidriver

Coach
Point of initial contact and the intent (or NON intent as is the case here!) are the issue

intent has nothing to do with a tackle that is reckless or careless. Is that dumbed down enough for you ???

Clarkieel

Juniors
th issue i have with it all is the fact barrett hit him from behind in the head r people to dense to realise how wrong that is? Fair enough poor little trent is upset because his team are close to dropping out the 8, NSW won withouthim inthe team, he is always injured etc etc but no excuse for hiting someone int he head from behind like that!
and yes PJ also has a right to be upset, u will notice he didnt fight back at all cause he is not like that at all and bloody hell everythign seems to be aimed at him every week!!
it was also clear that the other players were running in to protect PJ and who can blame them! players like Hindy and Cayless who go back years with PJ will of course run into protect him

The ultimate revenge is that the better team won on the night...not the overrated dragons but the mighty blue and gold hahahahahahahaha

Lenny_2212

Juniors
bout time someone stood up. marsh did not attempt a chargedown, he wanted to knock barrett down, but not looking. he got him high. he will be charged.

Raider_69

Post Whore
in words of chopper: whinge, whinge, f**kin whinge

fair dinkum, Barrett tried to flatten PJ from behind, PJ had no idea it was coming, thats f**king weak as piss. Ink is spot on, the elbow hit the shoulder and his left hand glanced Barretts chin, nothing to be throwing handbags around for... Barrett should get at least 4 weeks for the incident and then id give him another 2 for punching like a bitch

taxidriver

Coach
all the dickheads supporting PJ can apologise here.

this is also an admission that it shouldn't have been a try.

careless high tackle, penalty to saints.

Dog-E

Juniors
taxidriver said:
intent has nothing to do with a tackle that is reckless or careless. Is that dumbed down enough for you ???

Sheesh.

Not clear enuff, hey??

Fair dinkum. Ok - Let' try again....POINT OF INITIAL CONTACT covers the reckless/careless bit - if the POC is proven to be chest...or it is hand not elbow that hit Barret's chin.

INTENT - is another matetr entirely. And there was none of THAT either.

They are 2 mutually exlcusive things.

Dumbarse. :roll:

i dont give a monkey's nutsack that Marsh got charged....its whether he gets found GUILTY that is the important bit!

And if Barrett gets off scott free - well that is STILL a disgrace!!!...U cant go taking the law into your own hands two wrongs DO NOT, and never will - make a right!

And as for the try being awarded against you - suck a sloth sideways on sunday!...THAT will teach your mob to do what 6 year olds even know to do - to PLAY TO THE WHISTLE!!! :p

As many folk round here are fond of saying - Cry me a river!!! :D

Dog-E

Juniors
Do you think that merely being chaged automatically proves his culpability, mong??..>Why even HAVE a judiciary then??...Why not just charge palyers then suspend 'em on the sot??

Oh, right - that's because this is AUSTRALIA!...And our legal systems fortunately don't work likethat! :roll:

taxidriver

Coach
1. You said there was nothing in the tackle.
2. I said at a minimum it was reckless/careless
3. He was charged, obviously the tackle was suspect.
4. You should give up now before you end up looking even sillier.

taxidriver

Coach
yeah and trying to whack someone with your elbow while they are defenceless is the epitome of bravery.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
we are very proud to have a captain who takes no sh*t from thugs like pj.

Dog_E, the judiciary feel marsh's tackle was illegal, so they charged him.

Dog-E

Juniors
taxidriver said:
1. You said there was nothing in the tackle.
And i still maintain that. But the judiciary HAVE been known to drop the odd clanger here or there, no?! ;-) So even if they suspend Marsh - I won't exactly be taking that to say that Sherlock Holmes investigated this to the best of his sleuthing ability!...With the judiciary & review panels the SCHEMOZZLE that thy are - Far FROM it, in fact! :p

taxidriver said:
2. I said at a minimum it was reckless/careless..
Well done. But that's where we disagree!

taxidriver said:
3. He was charged, obviously the tackle was suspect.[/b]
Well if it were cut & dried - would there BE a debate here??...There is QUITE some doubt over many things to do with the tackle. He got charged - the tackle is SUSPECT yes - but that's it at the moment. Full stop.

taxidriver said:
4. You should give up now before you end up looking even sillier.
Why?...It's not stopping you!! :p

mickdo

Coach
Lenny_2212 said:
bout time someone stood up. marsh did not attempt a chargedown, he wanted to knock barrett down, but not looking. he got him high. he will be charged.
Knocking a kicker down is not illegal. You are very slow...