What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust Retires at end of 2018 season

Coffs dragon

Bench
That assclown is the perfect candidate for our board. He is someone they can trust to fall in line, is an absolute spin-master (rivalling Doust himself) and nowhere near competent to take over as CEO, thus not being able to make the board members looks like the bunch of plebs that they are. He's an absolute shoo-in.

And of course, much like the ascension of McGregor, many of the window-lickers in our fan base will be cheering because he bleeds red and white, knows our system and is anyone but Doust.
Benny, I sadly agree and feel the inner conspiracy will already have this Puppet on a string next in line. The propaganda machine will spin about the usual stringent search for the CEO position that will include zero outside advertising or interviewing. An internal committee will be formed though to give the impression it was legit.

Old Timer

Coach
That assclown is the perfect candidate for our board. He is someone they can trust to fall in line, is an absolute spin-master (rivalling Doust himself) and nowhere near competent to take over as CEO, thus not being able to make the board members looks like the bunch of plebs that they are. He's an absolute shoo-in.

And of course, much like the ascension of McGregor, many of the window-lickers in our fan base will be cheering because he bleeds red and white, knows our system and is anyone but Doust.
If Brian Johnstone has any ongoing health issues and was forced to stand down (sincerely hope not) do you think there is any chance they would send an SOS to Doust to stay on or fill some other role?

O'Sullivan

Juniors
I think Doust was ultimately negative for the Club, the TPA situation underlines that, but one thing I will give him is that under his watch we actually won a Grand Final - the first time in over 30 years. After that his leadership fell apart. No excuses for him and there are possibilities for the future now he will be gone. But if we want to put at his feet anything and everything wrong with the club, then we have to acknowledge anything positive during his time at the helm. I'd say the Club winning a Grand Final is a reasonable positive outcome.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Bennett joining the Dragons was not about good management or proactive decision making by Doust. It was a Steven Bradbury Gold medal scenario, he fell in our lap thru consequences and then Doust f.cked that by only offering him 3 years.
As for the rest of his 17 year sentence with us, he has shown blind loyalty in coaching promotions of old boys that are already within.i.e :-
Farrar, Nathan Brown, Steve Price and Paul McGregor

BennyV

Referee
I think Doust was ultimately negative for the Club, the TPA situation underlines that, but one thing I will give him is that under his watch we actually won a Grand Final - the first time in over 30 years. After that his leadership fell apart. No excuses for him and there are possibilities for the future now he will be gone. But if we want to put at his feet anything and everything wrong with the club, then we have to acknowledge anything positive during his time at the helm. I'd say the Club winning a Grand Final is a reasonable positive outcome.
One win in 20 years.

Yay for Doust.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I hope that Jonno is well to take over.
But Steve Edge would also be good.
He doesn't put up with crap and he is not in anyone pocket.
He has to be better than Macdonald.
Anything is better than him even doust.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Anyone heard any news on Peter Doust's replacement??? It's been 5 months already since announced. Are they searching Worldwide or is it a smokescreen tactic to promote the cheapest option from within the Old Boys corridors for power.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Anyone heard any news on Peter Doust's replacement??? It's been 5 months already since announced. Are they searching Worldwide or is it a smokescreen tactic to promote the cheapest option from within the Old Boys corridors for power.

That's a rhetorical question, huh? My best guess is that the Club will hire within and that either Michael McDonald or Brian Johnston steps up as the new CEO.

Life's Good

Coach
In JA it’s been rumoured that it will be his understudy Michael McDonald(sp). Going by the comments from a couple of reputable posters it’s sounds like a bit of a rinse & repeat appointment eg. he is a spin merchant like Doust.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is an internal appointment in keeping with our insular way of doing things.

Coffs dragon

Bench
In JA it’s been rumoured that it will be his understudy Michael McDonald(sp). Going by the comments from a couple of reputable posters it’s sounds like a bit of a rinse & repeat appointment eg. he is a spin merchant like Doust.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is an internal appointment in keeping with our insular way of doing things.
Holy crap.....Thanks Life's Good

Latest posts