What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doust wants JMoz in the Red V

Willow

Assistant Moderator
C'Mon Dousty make it happen. Can't believe that Wayne Bennett didn't want him?

Goes to show that even the best coaches can make bad judgements.
They wanted to keep him but not on the money his manager was asking. It has been fairly well documented that Bulldogs paid truckolads, effectively oubidding us.

To be fair, Josh was still a little green at the time and we did have the two best centres in the country. But that was then.

Hindsight is a wonderful attribute. Having Josh now would solve virtually all our problems in the centres.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints are rumoured to be after Folau then surely they have enough to get JMoz instead. Either one will do. Who would you prefer?

gypsy

Bench
JMoz without question, in my opinion twice the player, with half the ego.

Lol at whoever asked where he would fit in.

watatank

Coach
If Morris was available we probably would have signed him instead of Farrell. But that didn't happen and probably won't happen.

RedVDave

First Grade
Umm, centre.

Oh gee, what a great idea why didn't I think of that? Oh that's right it's because I thought it was ridicolous idea to pay money (big money) for a centre (who mind you is already contracted to the Bulldogs until 2014) when our entire backline is already covered not to mention we still have Green, K. Stanley & Vidot there for back up if we are going to spend big money it should be going to a halfback and re-signing the likes of Weyman.

If Saints are rumoured to be after Folau then surely they have enough to get JMoz instead. Either one will do. Who would you prefer?

Exactly ... JMoz in a heartbeat.

It would be a great coup. Top of the pile for talent we need in the Centres AND being true to the value placed on the Dragons Brand ...I mean club.

Our Doustmeister is a traditionalist : )

mmap dragons

Juniors
Great in theory, but if we re-sign Dugan (you would think we would) then where does he fit into the team for next year?

1. Dugan 2. B. Morris 3. Beale 4. Farell 5. Nightingale 6. Widdop 7. Drinkwater.

I would've like to have seen him back to but I think both parties have moved on.

I don't think DW will play at 7 next year. I'm confident the club will announce the signing of a half soon.
As for J Moz. It's a no brainer for me. He's off contract at the end of next year. With good cap management we may just see the Morris boys reunited in the Red V.

nontime111

Juniors
Please COME BACK TO SAINTS JOSHY!!! DO IT FOR LEAGUE!! you and your BROTHER ARE TELEPATHIC WONDER TWINS!!! Falou is just a guy good at taking bombs SO one dimensional J MOZZ IS SAINTS THROUGH AND THROUGH he only left cos of that naughty Benny!! CMON DRAGONS REUNITE IN TREU SPIRIT!!! LOve to see them Morris boys WIN a GF TOGETHER!!! :))

Anyone that thinks he is coming back is a meat head. That story was a video posted on the Dragons website two weeks ago. If you watch it, Doust was simply humoring the interviewer and showing a professional respect for Josh by saying he would always be welcome in Dragons jumper.

We were right to let Josh go in the first place. We had Cooper and Gaz playing in the centres, and the better Morris on the wing. We went on to win a premiership with those three guys in the team so I guess the decision is justified.

Both Morris boys were hardly setting the world on fire when these decisions were made. I recall Bennett even picking Dell and Nighty over Brett at the beginning of 09, before Nighty got injured and Brett took the opportunity with a couple of fantastic games. Nighty came back from injury and was forced to spend the rest of the season on the bench. Josh is not a bad player, but he is a little overrated by some of you on here and I have no problem with the way things have gone.

Last edited:

redbreed

Juniors
I personally thought it was the wrong decision to let Josh leave. Every body is talking about playing Josh in the centres but even Brett wasn't in the first side to start with and nightingale was not on the other flank either. They could of slotted Brett to fullback and put Josh on the wing. If I'm not mistaken Brett used to play fullback previously so they had options to keep him. Its the price you pay when the club is taken out of the equation and you let one person direct the clubs future. As we have found out coaches come and go and unfortunately the club is left with there shortcomings for years to come. I believe the club should chase the players they want and of the coach doesn't like it he can f##k off. St george is bigger then one person and we always chase players that fit the system so I don't see why the coach is any different.

HDragonsFan

Juniors
Hopefully they have to release someone if they sign Folau.. would love JMoz home! Perfect too, as Farrell is a right centre if i'm not mistaken. JMoz on the left.. awesome.

I loved it when we had both the Morris boys, just felt sorry for them that form and injuries stopped them from playing more often together at the time. Would love to see JMoz back at the Dragons and have hope that it will happen, but realistically I'm not sure if it ever will given that josh has created his own identity at the doggies now......fingers crossed though