What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down but still arrogant - "We're Still Champions - Kearns"

DJShaksta

First Grade
The Nrl has deadset made a mockery of its own competition! No points for the rest of the year?! Yeah like to see how that will pan out.
They'll always be premiers, you blokes hated the Storm before this came out and now loving all of this.
What the Storm have down is bring shame on the game, the punishment handed to them will have a far worse effect.

They players didn't cheat, the coaches didn't cheat, they are the biggest victims in all of this. How dare the nrl take the premiership from them.

How do you know?
Theres been reports of a file that contains letters to some players outlining the illegal payments. If the players knew about that then they deserve to be de-registered and never play again.

Melbourne Storm Rugby League club cheated their way to 2 Premierships and 3 minor Premierships. While they have some incredibly individual footballers at the club, the team that took the paddock each week was illegal.
They are not premiers, they are not a champion team, they are not the team of the decade

gronkathon

First Grade
So the line for years has been basically

"We are not cheating the cap, players come here for the club culture and to play in this great organisation"

to

"Everyone else does it"

Top shelf

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
For heavens sake nothing has been proven the players are directly involved and UNTIL they are we can't assume anything. The club has been punished severly and that is correct but I don't believe for a second that the title of being the best belongs to the club itself and it's the players who actually put in the effort to win (regardless of their bank accounts). So why should they have to feel ripped and cheated because management can't caulculate or stimulated cheating? The club's itself is the laughing stock BUT THE PLAYERS are the ones who did the winning not the club

gronkathon

First Grade
No matter what the Storm PR machine does from this point on the names Smith, Slater & Inglis will forever be associated with one of the most shamefull periods in the NRL.

That is your clubs legacy you miserable muppet

taxidriver

Coach
No drama's, everyone plays by the rules, you've convinced me... and so succinctly too.

I'll take your other suggestion (about the lesson for my son) on advisement.

Thanks for your second thought (hopefully you haven't used your second ever thought on me), can't wait for your third. I'll be back later to check on your work.

i didnt say everybody palys by the rules

i do say don't try and romanticise what they did and don't cry like a bitch when you get caught.

ozjet1

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, would not surprise me if they f**king cheated their way into that one as well.

Then again, with Harrigans refereeing performance that day you might just say they already did, to not see THAT pass was surely a miracle in itself.

Thing is, even if they stripped them of 1999, it'd bring no Saints supporter any joy, well most of them anyway.
No posthumous reward could possibly make up for the low, low, low feeling of that day.

yeah, blame the refs.

i dont support either team. Mundine was 10m out from the tryline on the last tackle with a conga-line of saints backs outside him and certain try on the cards to put SGI in a strong position in that match. he went for the try, and for glory all his own, and was brought down short. i can still remember jumping up and yelling 'hog, hog, hog..........saints have lost the GF!'

nehalem

Juniors
sure they where able to be succesful fraudently but they still busted their you know whats, and if it wasnt for some greedy fat cats they wouldnt have had theyre very livelihood taken away, but as ive said if any players had knowledge of this i have no pity on them

You mean, if it was for the players being such greedy fatcats then there would be no reason for melbourne to have gone over the salary cap. The players have to take some responsibility, the money got into their heads and ended in their hands

StormChaser

First Grade
Arrogance can sometimes be confused with pride so naysayers can bite my arse. I'm purple till I die and nothing you lot can say will change that. Even if my team ceases to exist, they can't take my memories or the great time I've had supporting the Storm. I wouldn't swap them or what they've given to me over the years for any other team in the comp. Ever.

gronkathon

First Grade
Thats fine for a fan.

But a member of the administration and coaching team that presided over this period is f**king kidding themselves

taxidriver

Coach
Arrogance can sometimes be confused with pride so naysayers can bite my arse. I'm purple till I die and nothing you lot can say will change that. Even if my team ceases to exist, they can't take my memories or the great time I've had supporting the Storm. I wouldn't swap them or what they've given to me over the years for any other team in the comp. Ever.

yes they can, your memories are now forever tainted.

whenever you think of the titles, you'll think how they were rightfully stripped and how your mob cheated to win them.

don't blame us or direct your anger to us

we didn't do it

StormChaser

First Grade
yes they can, your memories are now forever tainted.

whenever you think of the titles, you'll think how they were rightfully stripped and how your mob cheated to win them.

don't blame us or direct your anger to us

we didn't do it

Lmao, my memories aren't tainted hun, they are some of the best times I've ever had and will remain so, no matter what bitter, twisted, people may say. You can't hurt me. Seriously.
I'm not angry at other fans, not at all, I'm angry at Waldron and his cronies, and they are the only people I'm angry with.

Lmao, my memories aren't tainted hun, they are some of the best times I've ever had and will remain so, no matter what bitter, twisted, people may say. You can't hurt me. Seriously.
I'm not angry at other fans, not at all, I'm angry at Waldron and his cronies, and they are the only people I'm angry with.

I feel a bit different SC...those victories feel hollow. Every fan will have a different take on it though...

As for Waldron..I hope this cheap suit wearing parasite get's what he deserves.

Ghoulies

Bench
Posts like these are baffling. Is this just bravado, or have the events of the past 72 hours really had such little effect on you?

I applaud the Storm fans who will continue their support in spite of their clubs actions, but to either not acknowledge that their success was achieved through defrauding the game, or to simply not be bothered by that fact, is... odd, to say the least.

stormbati

Bench
Just so you guys know (non storm supporters)
This really hurst us storm fans, we feel cheated more than you guys
Personally, what kills me is I can't really defend my team, everyone on the radio, tv,newspapers, at work, everyone are saying all these things on my team and what can I say? Nothing because they're right.
I thought for years I supported the best club in history, I was so proud of what the team has done over the last 5 years.

Anytime someone would say something about the team, atleast I could defend them, not now, I've gotta cop it all.
I really wish other fans wouldn't be so harsh with what they say because your fellow rugby league fans are feeling it big time.

I, Like any of you, am still supporting the team, because I still believe the players and coach knew nothing about this because that's who I really support anyway.

Trust me, what you guys are feeling, every storm fan felt that way and worse when they heard the news, now we're just staying positive, support the innocent parties.

Parra

Referee
I'll bet they are hurting.

I sent my kids to school yesterday with the message that the kids they know that support the Storm would be upset and that it would not be fair to see them teased. I was proud when my son came home to report his mate who is a Storm supporter was getting picked on and my son and another mate stuck up for him.

The fans and innocent players really don't deserve what is happening. The official and players involved should be banned & suspended. Players should get the same penalties as drug cheats - 22 months.

StormChaser

First Grade
Posts like these are baffling. Is this just bravado, or have the events of the past 72 hours really had such little effect on you?

I applaud the Storm fans who will continue their support in spite of their clubs actions, but to either not acknowledge that their success was achieved through defrauding the game, or to simply not be bothered by that fact, is... odd, to say the least.

You really don't get it. By saying you can't hurt me, I mean that I feel absolutely gutted and have had my heart ripped out, so nothing can touch that, nothing anyone says.

I'm aware that they retained some huge stars by salary cap illegalities, I'm not stupid, and I am ashamed that they went about things the wrong way, but how can that diminish the great times I had at games and the joy the team brings me? Why should it? The players are not in the wrong here, it's all on managements heads and I didn't pay to go and watch Brian Waldron run around a paddock.
As far as I'm concerned, they took our premierships away and fair enough too, but I wouldn't swap one minute I had at any of those games for anything.

I'll bet they are hurting.

I sent my kids to school yesterday with the message that the kids they know that support the Storm would be upset and that it would not be fair to see them teased. I was proud when my son came home to report his mate who is a Storm supporter was getting picked on and my son and another mate stuck up for him.

The fans and innocent players really don't deserve what is happening. The official and players involved should be banned & suspended. Players should get the same penalties as drug cheats - 22 months.

Good stuff Parra...my little boy is pretty gutted as he does not understand what had happened.